greeneville
✟10,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am 34 right now but next month on July 30 I am turning 35.

What did I think about turning 30?

When I was 12, I used to think that age 30 was SO OLD. But now that I have passed that milestone I don't think age 30 is old at all.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am 34 right now but next month on July 30 I am turning 35.

What did I think about turning 30?

When I was 12, I used to think that age 30 was SO OLD. But now that I have passed that milestone I don't think age 30 is old at all.

I have always considered "old" to be 17 years older than whatever age I am at the moment.

In my late 60s...I still do.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I turned 30 in 2020.. right in the middle of lockdown. It was definitely a bummer. We had planned a girls trip with my mom and sister to a like spa resort and I ended up in an inflatable pool in the backyard by myself.

These days I’m thoroughly enjoying singing that I’m a “32 year old lady” in the style of Jenna Marbles when asked about my age.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I was in high school (even in uni) I DREADED turning 30.
Thirty was that time when the "party was over" and when "life has to start". It was time (at the LATEST) to start having kids and buying a house.
All those "boring" things.

It made the month or so before my birthday kinda stressful for me. I was just dreading it as I had been dreading it in high school. Luckily, due to my "partying holiday lifestyle" I landed myself in some hot water and I had other stresses to thinkabout and my birthday became a distant thought.

After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in).

how about you?

At first, I didn't feel any different. When I think about how my 30s has been going compared to my 20s, my 30s has definitely been a roller coaster of emotions, good events, and bad events. My 20s seemed to have much more stability.

Being in my 30s doesn't make me sad or anything like that. I'm ok with it.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It was ten years ago for me already, so the memory is a bit hazy by now. I was smack dab in the middle of grad school at the time, so I don't think I had the time to sit there and ponder it too much. That was probably a good thing.

Can't say I miss it, though I do miss some of the friends I had then who are gone now. That would've happened eventually anyway, though, so I guess that's not really my thirties' fault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just turned 31 & hardly thought about it. I didn't like turning 30 tho.

Me either. Turning 40 though... that one will be especially rough for me.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟67,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Turning 40 wasn't all that bad for me, since I still felt/feel young (and people tell me I look young as well... hopefully that lasts for a while yet, ha). We were supposed to go on a trip for my 40th that the wife had planned, but didn't because it was the beginning of the COVID pandemic and my wife was pregnant.

This year (age 42) is really the first year that I had a couple moments where I started feeling old, just due to some (pretty minor) health issues. I get eczema at times - though not severe, it still can be annoying. I had some imaging done on some lumps on my upper arms to confirm they were benign. The doctor told me I had high cholesterol and should go on statins - but I opted to try major diet changes and went onto a strenuous exercise routine instead, and was able to get my LDL down (I'm a little proud of that one). And there's been some other issues within my family, but nothing earth shattering. So nothing really major, but maybe my first realization that I'm starting to get older and things are going to continue to change. But I'm still feeling pretty young at this point.

Reactions: Owlette
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trophonius

Dec 24, 2022
Montevideo
✟25,441.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It was a lot less eventful that I thought it would be. In TV shows everyone makes a great deal of it, but I didn't feel it meant much.
Maybe 30 more meaningful to women than men, due to the proximity of the end of their ideal age to have children. I wonder if I will hit a crisis at 40.

Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
At first I was thinking about why I am still unmarried while most people I know already are and also started making babies. Turning 30 made me think about my future but also as a christian, my journey with the Lord. So I decided to become a member of a baptist church.
I still have that need to be married with someone but I won’t pursue it only for the sake of getting married and also I need to wait in the Lord.
I am content in this moment of my life but can’t help but wonder what it would be like.

Reactions: busywriting
Upvote 0

busywriting

A woman helped by God
Apr 15, 2023
New York
Visit site
✟11,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not 30 yet but I think being happy with your age is relative to the point where you are in life, for example job, family, finances and the likes. Sadly many of us compare ourselves with our peers forgetting that everyone is running an individual race

Upvote 0