Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It made me feel pretty bad. I was going through a divorce, I had no time to "celebrate" it as I was in the middle of final exams.
I haven't had kids, so as a woman, that made me feel pressured to be 30. But I don't feel I want them, but it stresses me anyway.
My career never took off, wasted so much time/money on study that didn't seem to benefit me (yet?).
So yeah, turning 30 was a bit miserable.
But I also fell in love at 29, with my current partner, who I was friends with for 7 years prior. I neverrrr thought we'd be together, not in a million years. Most thrilling time of my life. Plus I developed a lot as a person by ending a very bad marriage, pushing myself through a long degree.

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
When I was in high school (even in uni) I DREADED turning 30.
Thirty was that time when the "party was over" and when "life has to start". It was time (at the LATEST) to start having kids and buying a house.
All those "boring" things.

It made the month or so before my birthday kinda stressful for me. I was just dreading it as I had been dreading it in high school. Luckily, due to my "partying holiday lifestyle" I landed myself in some hot water and I had other stresses to thinkabout and my birthday became a distant thought.

After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in).

how about you?

I actually was looking forward to it. I was then a transgender who looked very young for my age, so I was looking forward to the years in the hopes that I would look older too.

Now I'm getting closer to 40 and not thinking much of it! Still look young and interested to see how the years treat me. Hopefully as well as they have been so far! That would be really cool!

It also helps that my husband is quite a bit older than me, so looking older won't be *entirely* a negative thing. I'd still like to keep my youthful look though, if I had a choice!

Upvote 0

eighty_proof

Jan 7, 2018
Nowhere
✟758.00
Country
Nicaragua
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in). how about you?

33 now. Can't really remember my 30th. Don't think I did anything special. I mean it's just a number, you know? Who gives a flying monkey dick whether you meet anyone else's ideals for what your life is supposed to be like by a certain age. I'm not middle class, I don't own a house, I don't have a wife or a kid, and conservative narrow minded church folks think there's something wrong with me. Oh well.

Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟67,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't realize how old this thread was until I was on the second page... :/

Anyway - turning 30 really didn't bother me. I was amazed at how fast the years seemed to go by between 27 and 30, however. It feels like time goes by faster as you get older.

Also - having to watch what I eat was a change that took some getting used to. When I was <29 years old, I could eat whatever I wanted and it didn't have much of an effect, if any, on my weight.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It freaked me out to be honest - mostly because of dumb stuff. I was only working part-time (still the case, just different job) out of a grocery store, we were renting an apartment, I had no real hobbies - I was just feeling under established. But God is great, and I don't know what I was sweating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Turning 30 was one of the most bitter experiences of my entire life. I had so many things I wanted to have achieved by 30 that achieving precisely none of them was unpleasant. I guess it didn't help that I'd been in a kind of bad mood for about ten years up to then.

In hindsight, I think things worked out about as well as they could've considering some of the bonehead decisions I'd made up to then. But in the moment you don't necessarily think in those kinds of terms. It's more about how annoying it is to turn 30 and have nothing to show for it.

Welcome to being a Millennial, I guess.

Upvote 0

Breakaway_republic

Feb 21, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
✟15,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To me, it wasn't so bad as people said it was. Yeah, I didn't have really much to show for the time before then, except for emotional scars and useless material stuff... but I saw it as a time to take a step back for a minute and re-focus on keeping the main thing THE main thing.

Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was in high school (even in uni) I DREADED turning 30.
Thirty was that time when the "party was over" and when "life has to start". It was time (at the LATEST) to start having kids and buying a house.
All those "boring" things.

It made the month or so before my birthday kinda stressful for me. I was just dreading it as I had been dreading it in high school. Luckily, due to my "partying holiday lifestyle" I landed myself in some hot water and I had other stresses to thinkabout and my birthday became a distant thought.

After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in).

how about you?

It was just another year but I've noticed my mentality has changed completely from how it was in my 20s.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
It really didn't bother me that much. My thoughts were pretty much "My 20s sure flew by fast" and "I'm much wiser (and happier!) now than I was at 20!"

the older I get, the more miserable I get. I have the opposite of you. I'll be 30 next year so I'm around the corner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Turned 30 a couple months ago...I have so much more focus and direction than when I was 20 or even 25, not to mention considerably more connections and networking which have advanced my career goals. It almost feels like my life has only just started.

Upvote 0

Lizgee

May 18, 2020
Texas
✟9,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m turning 30 in a couple of weeks and...my only concern is that I’m not married and have no kids.

I have Jesus, two dogs, a career and a house. Almost everyone of my friends has a spouse and family. I feel so behind. I try to remind myself that God has His timing for everything, but sometimes my thoughts get the best of me.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its just another year for me. Or at least it was. Now that I am 34, it is something that whenever my birthday happens, I look at it as just another day.

Upvote 0

Lizgee

May 18, 2020
Texas
✟9,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Its just another year for me. Or at least it was. Now that I am 34, it is something that whenever my birthday happens, I look at it as just another day.

Here I am asking you for your favorite threads, and I see your response here. :)

You must at least order your favorite takeout and celebrate with some type of dessert!

Upvote 0