Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A Jew, post at least 70 AD, is now with a choice. Grace or Law.
The Abrahamic covenant of circumcision is a covenant of mercy.
The law 430 after cannot annul.
Deut 7:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Sinai law cannot disannul

Ga 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
There is no difference between Jews and Gentiles in their opportunity to receive the gift of Salvation through Grace. If you want to stay under OT law, you are or are trying to be a Jew. If you are a Jew under the Gospel and Love God Love Neighbor, through Grace, you are a completed Jew; or known as a Christian.
Lu 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

[Rom 4:1-8 KJV] 1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This means that those who receive Salvation through Grace and do not count upon works as part of their Salvation, are righteous before Jesus.

Abraham was not saved by his flesh/works. He was saved by his faith. The Faith of the Son in the Father.
The covenant of circumcision is by the law of faith....The law cannot disannul
[Rev 2:12-14 KJV] 12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; 13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

All one must do to be saved is to Believe the Gospel and put their faith in Jesus. Period. Everything that comes after cannot threaten that Eternal Salvation, nor take it away. All works are a byproduct of Salvation.

This is why:
"...repent of your sins and be saved..."​
"...ask Jesus into your heart and be saved..."​
"...stop sinning and be saved..."​
"...etc...."​
Are so evil. They block people from coming to Jesus because no one as a new not even Christian yet can hope to be successful in this. Same with the OT law. A burden, placed upon people, by other people. Not Jesus. The ramifications are huge. It is not just trying to understand verses. It is harmonizing them with the entirety of scripture and understanding the ramifications of going in certain directions. OT Law is a perfect example. Leave it behind. It does not make one evil. It places one more in the trust of Jesus' work and not our own.​

Peace and Blessings
1 Chr 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello my friend,

You are still pointing back to yourself. We partake of Jesus' righteousness. It is none of our own doing.
I think you are pointing to yourself
Let it just be as you state "Yes, even faith is not of ourselves."
Yes, let it be
Jesus never glorified Himself and He Is God. Lets not hang on to some fraction of Glory for ourselves. Mirror Jesus.

Peace and Blessings.
The Father glorified Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,
  1. When you say God is unjust, because of your feelings, I don't have much to say.
  2. God is never unjust. Please don't put words in my mouth I did not present.
  3. OT Law put a heavy burden on people. It was to keep them in line, within God's framework, to keep them out of trouble, and to bless them.
  4. No one kept the OT laws. No one could. That is why there were sacrifices.
  5. Is the inability of man to keep God's laws new to you?
  6. Failure of God's laws started in the Garden.
Peace and Blessings.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. You just made the same claim again that God's commandments are impossible to keep. For God to do that is unjust. To require behavior beyond anyone's ability to obey is the definition of injustice.

Deuteronomy 10: 11 ¶ For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

1Samuel 15: 22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

It appears to me you don't understand the Bible as well as you think you do.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They had no fear of God, and unjustly judged Christ.
And yet you take your beliefs from them as much of Paul's writings were created to deal with rge problems they created for the early Christian church. Any time the word Judaizers is used is a reference to what the Pharisees went behind Paul around teaching the Gentiles that they must keep all the Jewish beliefs.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good luck. Some things are not found in a verse. But throughout scripture and harmonizing verses to get to the truth without unintended consequences one knows can't be true. Read Pauls writings to get there.

Peace and Blessings.

Why do I need luck? Most of my threads on this board refute the mainstream misunderstandings of Paul's writings using Paul's own words and teachings and the Tanach passages from which he so often quotes. The typical problem for people who say that the Torah, Prophets, and Writings are set aside, is that they do not study the background contexts for the things he says and teaches, and therefore invariably end up making up their own meanings for his words because they have eliminated the source texts from their own purview by claiming those texts are no longer relevant to themselves. Good luck proving from the scripture that "Paul used the Law in reference to Salvation. Otherwise, he had no use for it."

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And yet you take your beliefs from them
I do? I believe Jesus is the Christ, risen from the dead. The New covenant made in his blood gives us an heavenly inheritance, as was promised to our Father abraham. The firstborn from the dead.
God did not give him an inheritance in the earthly land, HE DIED. Isaac, died, Jacob died.
Ge 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

And so did all twelve Patriarchs
Ex 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation

See they were all dead when the promise in Genesis 15 came into force.
WHY? because that is who it spoke concerning......... the 4th generation

16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

as much of Paul's writings were created to deal with rge problems they created for the early Christian church. Any time the word Judaizers is used is a reference to what the Pharisees went behind Paul around teaching the Gentiles that they must keep all the Jewish beliefs.
It is simply scripture IMO.
Abe, Isaac, and Jacob as well as the twelve Patriarchs die in Genesis 15.
But notice.......He goes to HIS FATHERS IN PEACE. Who are these FATHERS?
Ge 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Hebrews 11, Has been long called "the faith hall of fame" Rather I think these were those who walked according to THE LAW OF FAITH.......as Paul spoke of.....

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But notice......They all died......
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Christ is the FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD..........
The promised seed of the woman EVE, The Mother of all the living......
Raised to newness of life in the LAND OF THE LIVING.
Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Abrahamic covenant of circumcision is a covenant of mercy.
The law 430 after cannot annul.
Deut 7:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Sinai law cannot disannul

Ga 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Lu 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

The covenant of circumcision is by the law of faith....The law cannot disannul

1 Chr 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

What Covenant?
What Law?
What Circumcision?

Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not putting words in your mouth. You just made the same claim again that God's commandments are impossible to keep. For God to do that is unjust. To require behavior beyond anyone's ability to obey is the definition of injustice.

Deuteronomy 10: 11 ¶ For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
16 In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

1Samuel 15: 22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

It appears to me you don't understand the Bible as well as you think you do.
This is incorrect. We still have our Flesh.
We are perfect, white as Snow, because of Jesus. Not because of keeping the Law. That no man can keep. Everyone of us has sinned. Fallen short of the mark.

You are a stumbling block to yourself and others. Either God is unjust, or we must be 100% keeping the law. Neither is true.
Both are impossible.!

Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why do I need luck? Most of my threads on this board refute the mainstream misunderstandings of Paul's writings using Paul's own words and teachings and the Tanach passages from which he so often quotes. The typical problem for people who say that the Torah, Prophets, and Writings are set aside, is that they do not study the background contexts for the things he says and teaches, and therefore invariably end up making up their own meanings for his words because they have eliminated the source texts from their own purview by claiming those texts are no longer relevant to themselves. Good luck proving from the scripture that "Paul used the Law in reference to Salvation. Otherwise, he had no use for it."
Most of your threads attempt. They do not refute.
If you could keep the law, you would not need Jesus.
This is why the Patriarchs of the OT and NT are not saved because of works. They are saved because of the Lam, slain before the foundations of the earth.

Jesus did not keep the Sabbath. He is the High Priest. We no longer have to keep the Sabbath, because it is fulfilled in Jesus and then Us.

You are Salvation + Circumcision, Salvation + don't eat foods sacrificed to idols, etc.

Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do? I believe Jesus is the Christ, risen from the dead. The New covenant made in his blood gives us an heavenly inheritance, as was promised to our Father abraham. The firstborn from the dead.
God did not give him an inheritance in the earthly land, HE DIED. Isaac, died, Jacob died.

And so did all twelve Patriarchs
Ex 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation

See they were all dead when the promise in Genesis 15 came into force.
WHY? because that is who it spoke concerning......... the 4th generation

16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

It is simply scripture IMO.
Abe, Isaac, and Jacob as well as the twelve Patriarchs die in Genesis 15.
But notice.......He goes to HIS FATHERS IN PEACE. Who are these FATHERS?
Hebrews 11, Has been long called "the faith hall of fame" Rather I think these were those who walked according to THE LAW OF FAITH.......as Paul spoke of.....

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But notice......They all died......
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Christ is the FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD..........
The promised seed of the woman EVE, The Mother of all the living......
Raised to newness of life in the LAND OF THE LIVING.
Mt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Mr 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
Lu 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Yes you are. I noticed you didn't go anywhere near Paul's writings. Why was that? The Judaizers were Pharisees. So you take their beliefs from scripture when you ignore them and the problems that created for Paul and say his dealing with them are his instructions to you to ignore/disobey God's law just the way they did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most of your threads attempt. They do not refute.

Said without evidence.

If you could keep the law, you would not need Jesus.

IN Meshiah we walk pleasing to the Father because we walk IN his commandments and Testimony. Those without Meshiah cannot walk in the Torah pleasing to the Father because the natural mind cannot be subject to the Torah of Elohim.

This is why the Patriarchs of the OT and NT are not saved because of works.

News flash: no one is saved because or works.

They are saved because of the Lam, slain before the foundations of the earth.

The Sefer of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world is Genesis 5 because everyone written therein is stated to have lived and the Torah will never be done away with.

Jesus did not keep the Sabbath. He is the High Priest.

Says the one who does not observe the Shabbat against what the scripture says.

We no longer have to keep the Sabbath, because it is fulfilled in Jesus and then Us.

An oxymoronic statement, (be sure to google that if you do not know what it means because it is not meant as an insult). The fact of the matter is that observing any commandment necessarily means that it is you who must observe it: not that someone else observes it for you. Is the Master going to pluck out your right eye for you if it offends you? Is he going to cut off your hand or foot if they offend you? No, you are admonished to prove your love and do those things yourself if indeed you love the Father and His Word and desire to be holy and pleasing unto Him.

You are Salvation + Circumcision, Salvation + don't eat foods sacrificed to idols, etc.

Circumcision is of the heart, according to both the Torah and Paul, and we are the Circumcision who walk in the Testimony of the Meshiah, and walk according to the Spirit, and have no confidence in the flesh. If you understood this and believed it you would have already stopped interpreting the Torah according to the natural minded Pharisaic way, which cannot please Elohim, for just as Paul says, the natural mind cannot be subject to His Torah. You've apparently been consuming too many mainstream teachings full of spiritual food sacrificed to the idols of natural minded men. My advice would be to cut them off and root them out before they choke the seed of the Logos from the soil of your heart. ;)

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes you are. I noticed you didn't go anywhere near Paul's writings. Why was that? The Judaizers were Pharisees. So you take their beliefs from scripture when you ignore them and the problems that created for Paul and say his dealing with them are his instructions to you to ignore/disobey God's law just the way they did.
Galatians is Paul's writings, and the book Of Hebrews is scripture. I did not ignore anything. The Promise made to Abraham spoke of Both Jew and Gentile. Israel and the temple etc. were shadows.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Galatians is Paul's writings, and the book Of Hebrews is scripture. I did not ignore anything. The Promise made to Abraham spoke of Both Jew and Gentile. Israel and the temple etc. were shadows.
So why don't you obey God's law?

Romans 1: 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is your heart circumcised, i.e. converted? If so you are a Jew inwardly.

Deuteronomy 20: 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We do not inherit the land of Israel. You are ignoring obeying covenant. You just keep bundling them together. Two covenants is what scripture teaches.
I showed that both the Abrahamic and the Mosaic covenants involve walking in God's way in obedience to His law. The issue of whether or not someone is inheriting the land of Israel doesn't change the issue of whether or not followers of God should walk in His way in obedience to His law. I didn't say that they were the same covenant.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So why don't you obey God's law?

Romans 1: 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is your heart circumcised, i.e. converted? If so you are a Jew inwardly.

Deuteronomy 20: 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
THE LAW OF FAITH Which Hebrews spoke of all the men of faith beginning with ABEL

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

The law of faith caused him to Sojourn in the land, god gave him No inheritance in that LAND
Gen 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, all walked as strangers and sojourners in the land. God gave him NONE INHERITANCE IN THE LAND
Acts 7;4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.
6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.

The problem with these discussions is not distinguishing between law and covenants.
Not only the circumcised.......

Ro 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Abraham kept the way, the law of faith......
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

John's BAPTISM was baptism into the way,,,,,the law of faith.

Over and over again Sinai law,
"when you come into the land of your inheritance.........
Law from Sinai was and is the law of that land to inherit it.
D
e 5:33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.
De 6:1 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I showed that both the Abrahamic and the Mosaic covenants involve walking in God's way in obedience to His law. The issue of whether or not someone is inheriting the land of Israel doesn't change the issue of whether or not followers of God should walk in His way in obedience to His law. I didn't say that they were the same covenant.
The law of faith........Which Abraham kept, the law All those listed in Hebrews 11 beginning with ABEL.

The Fathers of Abraham spoken of to Abraham in Genesis 15

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
THE LAW OF FAITH Which Hebrews spoke of all the men of faith beginning with ABEL

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

The law of faith caused him to Sojourn in the land, god gave him No inheritance in that LAND
Gen 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, all walked as strangers and sojourners in the land. God gave him NONE INHERITANCE IN THE LAND
Acts 7;4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.
6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.

The problem with these discussions is not distinguishing between law and covenants.
Not only the circumcised.......

Ro 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Abraham kept the way, the law of faith......

John's BAPTISM was baptism into the way,,,,,the law of faith.

Over and over again Sinai law,
"when you come into the land of your inheritance.........
Law from Sinai was and is the law of that land to inherit it.
D
e 5:33 Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.
De 6:1 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:
So your faith in God excuses you from doing what all the heroes of faith, who are found in Hebrews 11, did? They obeyed all of God's commandments.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians is Paul's writings, and the book Of Hebrews is scripture.
So Paul's writings is not Scripture? If so, how is you came to that conclusion?
What about Peter's? Is His Scripture?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So your faith in God excuses you from doing what all the heroes of faith, who are found in Hebrews 11, did? They obeyed all of God's commandments.
They obeyed what God told them to do. Noah in fear built an an ark. Abraham offered Isaac. etc. They obeyed the voice of the Lord. They all lived as sojourners and strangers on the earth. Moses law was not for another 400 Years, to the 4th generation.
We have been given the Gospel, and the Apostles have a written testimony of what we are commanded. Our inheritance is the heavenly kingdom of the next world and the next life.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So Paul's writings is not Scripture? If so, how is you came to that conclusion?
What about Peter's? Is His Scripture?
????? Gal and Hebrews is scripture. We just do not know If Paul wrote Hebrews is all.
Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0