Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They obeyed what God told them to do. Noah in fear built an an ark. Abraham offered Isaac. etc. They obeyed the voice of the Lord. They all lived as sojourners and strangers on the earth. Moses law was not for another 400 Years, to the 4th generation.
We have been given the Gospel, and the Apostles have a written testimony of what we are commanded. Our inheritance is the heavenly kingdom of the next world and the next life.
So why would you think your faith excuses you from living the same way all those people did for 4000 years? Do you think your inheritance is different from theirs?

Hebrews 11: 38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Meaning we should be made perfect along with them. They obviously didn't think sinning was a necessary condition.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So why would you think your faith excuses you from living the same way all those people did for 4000 years? Do you think your inheritance is different from theirs?

Covenants. Which none are void the law of faith.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Covenants. Which none are void the law of faith.
You're right neither the oc nor the nc break the law of faith.. So how does that mean your faith means you don't need to keep the 4th commandment?

You have reasoned your way around to admitting your need of keeping the 7th day Sabbath.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You're right neither the oc nor the nc break the law of faith.. So how does that mean your faith means you don't need to keep the 4th commandment?

You have reasoned your way around to admitting your need of keeping the 7th day Sabbath.
All I have done is dealt with accusations so far.
The Sabbath was a sign of the Sinai covenant made with the Nation of Israel. ( I suppose if you went there to visit, or to sojourn) Gentiles would keep the Sabbath , as the law of the land.
The Sign and seal, of the promise to Abraham is the circumcision in the flesh
The sign of the covenant made in the blood of Christ, is the resurrection from the dead.
Which the Carnal command is done away.
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All I have done is dealt with accusations so far.
The Sabbath was a sign of the Sinai covenant made with the Nation of Israel. ( I suppose if you went there to visit, or to sojourn) Gentiles would keep the Sabbath , as the law of the land.
The Sign and seal, of the promise to Abraham is the circumcision in the flesh
The sign of the covenant made in the blood of Christ, is the resurrection from the dead.
Which the Carnal command is done away.
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
So, you think Hebrews 9 is about the law of God.

I can show you differently both from scripture and the Talmud.

Mark 7: 1 THEN came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Do you need me to quote the Talmud on the washing laws? There are literally hundreds of them.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I can show you differently both from scripture and the Talmud.

Mark 7: 1 THEN came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Do you need me to quote the Talmud on the washing laws? There are literally hundreds of them.
I believe it is about covenants, and the law of faith, vs the law of works......

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe it is about covenants, and the law of faith, vs the law of works......
So the faith of the OT patriarchs and kings such as David, who wrote many of the Psalms, Solomon, Jehoshaphat and Joash are simply meaningless?

Psalm 51: 1 HAVE mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

So David's repentance and reformation after killing Uriah to get Bathsheba as his wife has nothing to do with anything? We Gentiles are the only ones who have the gift of the Holy Spirit and God has enabled to keep his law?

He that is a Jew is the one who has a circumcised heart and is a Jew internally.

God promised that gift to the Israelites but they didn't take Him up on the offer.

Deuteronomy 30: 6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The law of faith........Which Abraham kept, the law All those listed in Hebrews 11 beginning with ABEL.

The Fathers of Abraham spoken of to Abraham in Genesis 15
Ge 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Both Abraham and Moses follow the law of faith by walking in His way and taught others to do that in accordance with the promise and with spreading the Gospel. God is trustworthy/faithful, so He has not given a law that is untrustworthy/not of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Said without evidence.

IN Meshiah we walk pleasing to the Father because we walk IN his commandments and Testimony. Those without Meshiah cannot walk in the Torah pleasing to the Father because the natural mind cannot be subject to the Torah of Elohim.
We can do nothing pleasing to the Father.

[Isa 64:6 KJV] 6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Those with the Messiah follow in the steps of the Messia, and He is pleasing to the Father. Not us. Because we all have sinned, else we would not have One intercessor for us in Heaven. We would not need one.

We don't walk in His commandments and testimony. We try. To varying degrees of failure. But none are successful.

[Isa 64:6 KJV] 6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

News flash: no one is saved because or works.

The Sefer of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world is Genesis 5 because everyone written therein is stated to have lived and the Torah will never be done away with.
You place something in OT Law that is not there. That was not it's purpose.
Torah is Old Wine. It was never to save.
OT Law was perfect as an expression of Jesus' righteousness.
OT Law was imperfect in making man perfect.

Being with Jesus is more beneficial than Law I.e. old wine.
Jesus did not come to patch up Judaism. He came to deliver a better New Wine.

The curtain was Torn. Law that separated Humanity from God. Torn in two. From the bottom up. The curtain was the barrier between Humanity and God. Jesus is the High Priest and he replaced the Curtain with the Cross. The Cross now provides access to salvation is now for all and perfect.

The Law itself has no sting. No barb. No control. We live by His sacrifice/Love.

Says the one who does not observe the Shabbat against what the scripture says.
I stand corrected. Jesus kept the Sabbath. It is the Pharasees supported by many Jews that corrupted the Law of the Sabbath. What Jesus did was not breaking the Sabbath. It was a very popular sect of the Pharasees that accused Him. No wonder so many Jews hated him so much.

1. Simon Peter’s mother-in-law in Peter’s home (Mark 1:29–31).
2. A man with a withered hand in the synagogue (Mark 3:1–6).
3. A man born blind in Jerusalem (John 9:1–16).
4. A crippled woman in a synagogue (Luke 13:10–17).
5. A man with dropsy at a Pharisee’s house (Luke 14:1–6).
6. A demon-possessed man in Capernaum (Mark 1:21–28).
7. A lame man by the pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–18).

Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath, above the Sabbath, and demonstrated that:
[Mar 2:28 KJV] 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

An oxymoronic statement, (be sure to google that if you do not know what it means because it is not meant as an insult). The fact of the matter is that observing any commandment necessarily means that it is you who must observe it: not that someone else observes it for you. Is the Master going to pluck out your right eye for you if it offends you? Is he going to cut off your hand or foot if they offend you? No, you are admonished to prove your love and do those things yourself if indeed you love the Father and His Word and desire to be holy and pleasing unto Him.

Sure, and even more specifically, I had a bill I could never pay. Jesus paid that bill. And failing to keep the Law does not enter me into judgment. I am pardoned. The Law has no effect. I show my Love to God by Loving Him and my Neighbor. Not by not mixing Wool and Cotton threads or hooking up a donkey and a cow to plow a field. It is Not the Law that accuses me of Sin. It is Satan. And Jesus does not tell the Father that this man kept that Law. Kind of. Tried to. Jesus tells the Father, Yes, he did, but my sacrifice covers him.

Circumcision is of the heart, according to both the Torah and Paul, and we are the Circumcision who walk in the Testimony of the Meshiah, and walk according to the Spirit, and have no confidence in the flesh. If you understood this and believed it you would have already stopped interpreting the Torah according to the natural minded Pharisaic way, which cannot please Elohim, for just as Paul says, the natural mind cannot be subject to His Torah. You've apparently been consuming too many mainstream teachings full of spiritual food sacrificed to the idols of natural minded men. My advice would be to cut them off and root them out before they choke the seed of the Logos from the soil of your heart. ;)

Yes. Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides, convicts us, and prevents us from sinning as much as we could without Him.
Faith + Circumcision was a physical circumcision. The Judeizer followed Paul claiming Salvation + Physical Circumcission was required. Physical Circumcision which was the Law.

You cannot change it to Faith + Spiritual Circumcision. That is not within your authority.

How personally wise you must be to call me unsaved. You enjoy yourself.

Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Reread my posts. Also read Genesis Which Paul is giving you the hearing of the law in Genesis.

HEAR THE LAW.....
Ga 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
1. 2 sons

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

2. 2 covenants
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How is that? The new covenant is the writing of the law of God in our hearts. When that happens we keep the Sabbath because it is written in our hearts just like we keep the rest of the commandments.

What does Keeping the Sabbath mean?

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Those with the Messiah follow in the steps of the Messia, and He is pleasing to the Father. Not us. Because we all have sinned, else we would not have One intercessor for us in Heaven. We would not need one.

We don't walk in His commandments and testimony. We try. To varying degrees of failure. But none are successful.

So you base your whole understanding of your responsibilities to the Word in this?
You can do nothing because you cherry picked a verse? Well, okay then.
I can do all things through Meshiah who strengthens me.

All unsupported speculations to support your false narrative. Every scribe that is discipled into the kingdom of the heavens is like a man who is a householder, who brings forth out of his treasure things new and old, (Mat 13:52). Moreover the six stone water cisterns were two or three firkins, (about two thirds), full of the water of the purification of the Yhudim: does the Master command the attendants to first empty the cisterns before refilling them? no, he simply commands them to fill them back up to the brims, and therefore those with eyes to see may plainly see that the very first miracle he performed was to mix the two covenants by mixing the water of the purification of the Yhudim with fresh water to make the best wine, (John 2:1-11). Moreover no man having drunk the old desires the new, for he says, "The old is chrestos." (gracious, Luke 5:39).

Your paradigm does not allow you to see the real purpose of the Torah because you have been taught of men that it has been set aside. Unfortunately it appears that you also see no need to study the Testimony of the Meshiah who quotes the Prophet Yeshayah when he says that we shall all be taught of Elohim. Neither the Father nor the Son taught you that the Torah is abolished: you learned that from men who twisted Paul's words and fed you their theories.

I guess I should have included this portion with your other quote above.
My mistake, please see above.

The curtain was Torn. Law that separated Humanity from God. Torn in two. From the bottom up. The curtain was the barrier between Humanity and God. Jesus is the High Priest and he replaced the Curtain with the Cross. The Cross now provides access to salvation is now for all and perfect.

More speculation which utterly disregards what the Torah actually teaches: you are the temple, not the literal building made with hands that stood at Yerushalem of below in the first century. You've utterly misunderstood the symbolism and have made doctrine out of fantasy interpretations and assumptions. For starters the veil represented the heavens or firmament, the separation between Elohim Most High and mankind. The only way a cross is going to bridge that separation for you is in doing what the Master says by utterly denying yourself, taking up your own stake, and following him into full immersion which is an immersion into his death. Every man shall die for his own iniquity in the renewed covenant if you hadn't noticed.

The Law itself has no sting. No barb. No control. We live by His sacrifice/Love.

More misappropriation: it is death that has no more sting, unless you can show me where what you say is written.

Sure, and even more specifically, I had a bill I could never pay. Jesus paid that bill. And failing to keep the Law does not enter me into judgment. I am pardoned. The Law has no effect. I show my Love to God by Loving Him and my Neighbor.

So you show your love to the Father the way you decide rather than according to what He says pleases Him?

Not by not mixing Wool and Cotton threads or hooking up a donkey and a cow to plow a field. It is Not the Law that accuses me of Sin. It is Satan. And Jesus does not tell the Father that this man kept that Law. Kind of. Tried to. Jesus tells the Father, Yes, he did, but my sacrifice covers him.

Paul says that the Torah is spiritual, (Rom 7:14), so who told you that the Torah is about literal wool and cotton and donkeys and plowing fields? The soil of the heart is the field that needs to be plowed so that the Logos-Seed of the Word may sprout up within you and begin to flourish and change you forever: believe the Meshiah, not teachers of men who are blind to the fact that the Torah is spiritual because they neither understand nor believe either Meshiah or Paul.

Yes. Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides, convicts us, and prevents us from sinning as much as we could without Him.
Faith + Circumcision was a physical circumcision. The Judeizer followed Paul claiming Salvation + Physical Circumcission was required. Physical Circumcision which was the Law.

So you do not even believe Paul where he tells you what circumcision really means in Rom 2:28-29? The statements he makes therein are not multiple choice options, they are plain emphatic statements: circumcision is of the heart, and you either believe it or you do not, and Paul gets that from the Torah where the Torah teaches the same. Who taught you to change Paul's teaching from the Torah into a teaching of physical circumcision? You ultimately received that interpretation from the Pharisees. Why are you Judaizing the Torah after Meshiah has already nailed those incorrect handwritten dogmas and decrees of the Sanhedrin, Elders, Chief Priests, Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes, to the stake? especially after he already corrected the understanding of the Torah in his Testimony in the Gospel accounts so that we might walk pleasing to the Father? You are overturning the work of Meshiah in favor of Pharisee teachings and doctrine so that you may justify setting aside what you know you cannot keep because you view the Torah as outward and physical according to the natural mind of the natural man just like the Pharisees and Judaizers.

You cannot change it to Faith + Spiritual Circumcision. That is not within your authority.

It is within my ability and authority to believe everything the scripture teaches me.

How personally wise you must be to call me unsaved.

Bad assumption on your part.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Physical Circumcision which was the Law.

Romans 2:28-29 ASV
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh:
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Those are plain emphatic statements: not multiple choices or changes to the Torah.
The Torah also teaches circumcision of the heart.

And it is within your authority to overturn Romans 2:28-29?

Moreover:

Romans 15:8-9 ASV
8 For I say that Christ hath been made a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, that he might confirm the promises given unto the fathers,
9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, Therefore will I give praise unto thee among the Gentiles, And sing unto thy name.

So then, according to Paul, the Meshiah has been made the Minister of Circumcision: but according to you there is no "spiritual circumcision"? is that what you are saying? You've strongly insinuated that I am changing "it to Faith + Spiritual Circumcision" for some reason when in reality Paul himself teaches spiritual circumcision from the Torah and tells us that Meshiah has become the Minister of the Circumcision. The error is with you.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Reread my posts. Also read Genesis Which Paul is giving you the hearing of the law in Genesis.

HEAR THE LAW.....
Ga 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
1. 2 sons

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

2. 2 covenants
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
If God freed the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt in order to put them under slavery to the Mosaic Law, then it would be for freedom that God set us free, however, Galatians 5:1 says that it is for freedom that God sets us free. In Psalms 119:142, the Mosaic Law is truth and in John 8:31-36, it is sin in transgression of the Mosaic Law that puts us into bondage while it is the truth that sets us free. Moreover, the Mosaic Law was given through the line of the free woman, not the slave woman, so that needs to influence how Galatians 4 is interpreted.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to His law, so why do you think that God wanted this if it was not pleasing to Him? In Isaiah 64:6 it is not God speaking, but rather it is the people hyperbolically complaining about God not coming down and making His presence known. The reality is that God does not command filthy rags, but rather the righteous deeds of the saints are like fine white linen (Revelation 19:8).

In Mark 9:14-17, Jesus was asked why his disciples were not fasting and gave the parable about wineskins to answer their question, which has nothing to do with saying that the Torah is old wine and you are referencing that parable to make a point that has nothing to do with the point that Jesus was making. While Jesus lived in perfect obedience to the Torah, so while we do not become perfect as the result of obeying it, living in obedience to it is what being made perfect looks like. The Torah is God's word and Jesus is God's word made flesh, so it is contradictory to contrast the Torah with being with Jesus. the Bible doesn't say anything about replacing the curtain with the cross, so again you are inserting your own meaning. God's law is His instructions for how to love, so it is contradictory to live by love instead of living in obedience to it.

I stand corrected. Jesus kept the Sabbath. It is the Pharasees supported by many Jews that corrupted the Law of the Sabbath. What Jesus did was not breaking the Sabbath. It was a very popular sect of the Pharasees that accused Him. No wonder so many Jews hated him so much.

1. Simon Peter’s mother-in-law in Peter’s home (Mark 1:29–31).
2. A man with a withered hand in the synagogue (Mark 3:1–6).
3. A man born blind in Jerusalem (John 9:1–16).
4. A crippled woman in a synagogue (Luke 13:10–17).
5. A man with dropsy at a Pharisee’s house (Luke 14:1–6).
6. A demon-possessed man in Capernaum (Mark 1:21–28).
7. A lame man by the pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–18).

Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath, above the Sabbath, and demonstrated that:
[Mar 2:28 KJV] 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
If we believe that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, then we will live in a way that testifies about that truth by keeping the Sabbath holy rather than a way that denies it by not keeping it holy. Jesus was going around teaching good news and healing people, so he was extremely popular with the people, such as with the Triumphal entry, but it was some of the leadership that he was at odds with.

Sure, and even more specifically, I had a bill I could never pay. Jesus paid that bill. And failing to keep the Law does not enter me into judgment. I am pardoned. The Law has no effect. I show my Love to God by Loving Him and my Neighbor. Not by not mixing Wool and Cotton threads or hooking up a donkey and a cow to plow a field. It is Not the Law that accuses me of Sin. It is Satan. And Jesus does not tell the Father that this man kept that Law. Kind of. Tried to. Jesus tells the Father, Yes, he did, but my sacrifice covers him.
The fact that Jesus gave himself to pay the penalty for our sins should make us want to go and sin no more, not consider the law to be of no effect. While it is true that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1), those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6), so there is only no condemnation for those who are following his example of walking in obedience to it.

How personally wise you must be to call me unsaved. You enjoy yourself.

Peace and Blessings.
The Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law (Ezekiel 36:26-27). The Judaizers were wanting to require all Gentiles to become circumcised in order to become saved, however, that was never the purpose for which God commanded circumcision, so the Jerusalem Council upheld the Mosaic Law by correctly ruling against requiring circumcision for in a incorrect reason. Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so the problem that they had with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people are willing and able to keep God's law, such as those in Joshua 22:1-3, Luke 1:5-6. Revelation 14:12, and Revelation 22:14. Sin is what is contrary to God's character, such as with righteousness being in accordance with His character while unrighteousness is sin, so God's law can't just expose unrighteousness without also leading us to do what is righteous.

I did not ignore parts of the Bible, but rather I just do not interpret parts of the Bible as contradicting the verses that I used to support my arguments.

Again, the Bible describes many people as being righteous, such as in Genesis 6:8-9 and Luke 1:5-6, so it is not the case that no one is righteous, but rather Romans 3:10 is referencing Psalms 14:1-3, which says that no one is righteous among those who say that there is no God. While all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God, all can repent and return to obedience to it through faith, so that doesn't mean that we are not righteous.

In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is God's law, in 1 John 3:4-7, everyone who practices righteousness in obedience to it is righteous even as they are righteous, and there is nothing indicating that these verses are speaking about a category of people of which no one is a member. To be righteous means to be someone who practices righteousness in obedience to God's law just as to be courageous means to be someone who practice courageousness, and so forth for other character traits. Jesus is the embodiment of God's word, so us embodying God's word through following his example is the righteousness that is found in Him, which is why 1 John 2:6 says that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked.

To use an analogy, instructions for how to build a computer are not made for the experts who have made hundreds of computers and are acting in accordance with them, but rather they are made for those who don't know how to build a computer. In 1 Timothys 1:8-11, it says that God's law is good if it is used properly, so those verses shouldn't be interpreted as saying that God's law is not good to obey. It is absurd for someone to interpret those verses as saying that doing what is righteous is only for the unrighteous and not for the righteous. Those who try to abuse those verses to justify their freedom to not do what is righteous in obedience to God's law thereby become an unrighteous person that God's law is for.
Without it, there is much confusion to say the least.

Upvote 0