✟7,883.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi yall,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good Bible for daily reading and study. I plan on going and purchasing one tomorrow. I have been using the NIV a lot lately but I'm open to changing to one. I like the NKJV a lot too. But I'm really looking for one that is a perfect size like my ultra slim NIV to carry around and use to study daily if I'm at a coffee shop or something.

Any recommendations for a good Bible or personal Study Bible would be welcome!

God bless!

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find the Old Scofield Edition of the KJV is the best study version for several reasons:

1> As all KJV Bibles it does not tamper with the text, and OSE makes changes for better renderings in the margins (all versions have some errors due to failure of men);
2> The OSE has excellent commentaries to explain meanings;
3> The KJV has stood the purifying study of time by sound Bible scholars;
4> Most new versions change words for convenience and risk changing God's thoughts;
5> The NKJV is fairly good for general reading, but also lacks helpful ministry of comparisons with other reference and verses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

landon13

May 3, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I find the Old Scofield Edition of the KJV is the best study version for several reasons:

1> As all KJV Bibles it does not tamper with the text, and OSE makes changes for better renderings in the margins (all versions have some errors due to failure of men);
2> The OSE has excellent commentaries to explain meanings;
3> The KJV has stood the purifying study of time by sound Bible scholars;
4> Most new versions change words for convenience and risk changing God's thoughts;
5> The NKJV is fairly good for general reading, but also lacks helpful ministry of comparisons with other reference and verses.

Do you know where I can get a copy of this Bible? It sounds interesting and worth finding. Or if anyone has a used copy that they may like to give to someone who will put it to good use, let me know!

Upvote 0

Kbuzbee

Mar 12, 2015
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Landon,

One thing you might want to look into is the Pitt Minion series of bibles from Cambridge. They have several translations available. The format makes them extremely portable. The type is a bit small for extended reading (to my old eyes) at about 7pt, but I don't have anything else that is even close to being that portable. They are all high quality, sewn bindings and you can choose from synthetic all the way up to goatskin for the covers. Good quality paper and a nice readable font.

Like a few others, I highly recommend the ESV translation and that is one of the versions available in the Pitt Minion,

Good luck in your selection,

Blessings,

Ken

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟146,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you know where I can get a copy of this Bible? It sounds interesting and worth finding. Or if anyone has a used copy that they may like to give to someone who will put it to good use, let me know!

That bible is not good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mod Hat On

Thread closed permanently because of this violation of the Statement of Purpose found here - http://www.christianforums.com/t7872772/

This forum is not for discussion of which version of the Bible is the best or most appropriate.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.