victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is the Fact Sheet put out by the Victorian Government explaining what, why and when.

I no idea what you think you've seen for sale in the supermarket but I suspect you've seen plastic coated paper serving plates which can be sold up to Nov this year. The delay is to allow time for retail outlets to find non-plastic-coated substitutes.

Given that this ban is out in the open, and will eventually apply nationally, it's hardly a 'con'. It's a legitimate attempt to reduce plastic waste in the environment.

OB
Thanks for that some good info there.
It says from 1st Feb 2023 the ban will apply to:

• Retail and hospitality businesses, such as cafes,
bars, restaurants, hotels, takeaway food outlets,
party stores, discount stores, supermarkets,
market stalls, festivals, events, and online stores.
• Suppliers, such as manufacturers, distributors,
importers, wholesalers, and online marketplaces.

Well thats my point , they are still manufacturing them and I can still buy them , can't buy them from the supermarket like you said , but the discount stores are selling them. I think the Gov speaks with fork tongue.
Or maybe they realized their loss of tax revenue.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I went shopping the other day to look for some plastic tubs and there was no shortage of them , the stores had mountains of them.
And these stores also sold packets of plastic cutlery and even straws.

After purchasing my items I then went to a takeaway shop where the woman placed my food into a plastic container along with a napkin and wooden or bamboo fork.
I said I don't like eating with these wooden forks would you have a plastic one ? And she said i'm sorry but we are not allowed to give you any plastic cutlery , it's a policy the Government has put in place , and if we are caught giving our customers plastic cutlery we will receive a huge fine.

Now you might be asking yourself why did this guy place this thread in the conspiracy forum , well hello!!
I’ve never even seen a wooden or bamboo fork in my life. What planet was this on?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I’ve never even seen a wooden or bamboo fork in my life. What planet was this on?

This thread is about Australia replacing single use plastic cutlery, plates etc. with wooden/bamboo/paper bio degradable alternatives.

1711319706185.png

OB

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status