USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I'm still single, and it left me unfulfilled whereas friends who settled for jobs I never would have opted for ended up with households and families.

There's no guarantee. You'd get a similar argument from blue collar workers who have difficulty finding partners because they aren't professionals. Some women want that.

So, yeah, I'm listening to Peterson's spiel and while I think he's right he's just not factoring in the disillusionment the world and its ways can land people in.

You can't accept everything at face value. The message they feed the masses isn't the one they give to their children. They don't tell them to get a job. They tell them to build something.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's no guarantee. You'd get a similar argument from blue collar workers who have difficulty finding partners because they aren't professionals. Some women want that.

You can't accept everything at face value. The message they feed the masses isn't the one they give to their children. They don't tell them to get a job. They tell them to build something.

I think software development was probably one of the first to be hit by major cost-reducing labor changes. There have been a few documentaries about how the trend is/was to eliminate more valuable employees with seniority and to import labor and/or over-value the younger crowd who are willing to at least try to do the same work at much less cost. The industry is a real mess, if you go to work for one of the corporations that use these practices. We're also transitioning away from a knowledge-based economy. Degrees are being devalued.

It's not like I have nothing, at least. I may still make something out of my experience.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We're also transitioning away from a knowledge-based economy. Degrees are being devalued.

It's not like I have nothing, at least. I may still make something out of my experience.

You have to see the handwriting on the wall and pivot while its early. Where could you apply your knowledge?

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have to see the handwriting on the wall and pivot while its early. Where could you apply your knowledge?

Well, that I do not yet know. I've definitely had the impression that I was being led, forcefully even, out of corporate America. It leaves me at a bit of a loss, but, I'm left with the training program I started a few months back so maybe I'm not done with software development. I created a business a while back and I may have to take steps to follow through with that plan. Or maybe I'll work remotely and try the e-nomad thing for a while, and stretch my income in a different area of the world. Maybe both, I'm still trying to work it out.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, that I do not yet know. I've definitely had the impression that I was being led, forcefully even, out of corporate America. It leaves me at a bit of a loss, but, I'm left with the training program I started a few months back so maybe I'm not done with software development. I created a business a while back and I may have to take steps to follow through with that plan. Or maybe I'll work remotely and try the e-nomad thing for a while, and stretch my income in a different area of the world. Maybe both, I'm still trying to work it out.

You have many options. Don't despair. If He led you out there's something better on the horizon. :)

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Emperor's New Groove

I watched it once in high school & absolutely loved it. I'm rewatching it now & I still think it's really good. I can't help but thinking it was an attempt to capitalize off the success of the first Shrek movie, but I just looked it up & TENG came out in 2000, & Shrek was 2001. I wish it had better animation comparable to the 90s Disney movies, but the comedy & adventure makes up for it.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Watching a presentation of The Wars of the Diadochi (Alexander the Great's Successors). I am most familiar with the battle of Ipsus (301 BC) in the Fourth War in which Antigonus, at the age of 81, waiting for his son Demetrius to come to his relief, was killed by a javelin. The coalition against him was quite impressive. One of its general marched an army that included hundreds of war elephants across the modern countries of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Turkey to engage the Antigonid forces at Ipsus.
This is the how the Wars of the Diadochi began:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to try my hand at crafing a franken-instrument like this someday, but I don't have any experience with modifying or constructing wind instruments.

Maybe after I make one of these first. Trent's 4-valve trumpet reminded me of my previous plan to build a carnyx. I've been thinking about designing the head/bell in SolidWorks or Blender, 3D printing it, maybe sanding and spraying the 3D printed parts with metallic paint, and then using stock metal tubing for the other parts. At least for the initial prototype. Although it won't be entirely true to the original in terms of material, it should be playable and look the part.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A YouTube video of a guy who vacationed in Afghanistan for a few days. He's trying to show places the media portrays are really dangerous do have their good areas. He stayed in a town where everyone was friendly to him, they invited him smoking, kids invited him to play cricket, ate good meals, one of his guides is trying to set up a school, etc.

I personally think that these places are dangerous & people like him spread the wrong message, but it was welcome seeing the humanity of people trying to live there peacefully & who call it home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just finished watching this documentary. The whole history of Lego's development is very fascinating - almost like their reputation has been formed over the years "brick by brick". ;)

I loved legos when I was a kid so this sounds really interesting.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I loved legos when I was a kid so this sounds really interesting.
I enjoyed watching the documentary. The company went through highs and lows, and had very humble beginnings. Now they are one of the most coveted toys in the market, and still continue to find new ways to innovate.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad

Have been familiar w/ the popular Disney ride Mr. Toads Wild Ride & was finally able to watch the movie it's based on. The Mr. Toad segment is.......eh, but the Ichabod segment is really good.

4/5

Last edited:
Upvote 0