United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Over the Hedge (2006)
Was always turned off from this b/c it looked too kiddy, but it's not that bad. I really like Arjay the raccoon & Vern the turtle.
4/5

Madagascar (2005)
I've seen this a few times. It's okay. Anything w/ the lemurs & penguins is amazing. The movie's focus on Alex the lion & Marty the zebra is......boring.
3/5

I watched the Amazon Lily arc of One Piece. Amazing. Not sure how long I want to wait before doing Impel Down.

Finished The Clone Wars w/ The Final Season. It's okay.
I watched the Impel Down arc of One Piece. More amazing-ness. RIP Bon Clay. (I know he survives, but still. Great scene.) I like bringing back a lot of characters from the early arcs.

I'm already a few episodes in Marineford.

I swear every arc is better than the one before it!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Was reading some arguments why the Bible doesn't actually say homosexuality is a sin. I think I know some of the counter-arguments, but not all, so I'm watching YouTube videos on that now.

BTW, if you ever search 'is homosexuality a sin' on Google, the first couple pages are all 'no!' from non-traditional churches.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was reading some arguments why the Bible doesn't actually say homosexuality is a sin. I think I know some of the counter-arguments, but not all, so I'm watching YouTube videos on that now.

BTW, if you ever search 'is homosexuality a sin' on Google, the first couple pages are all 'no!' from non-traditional churches.
I can almost guarantee that you will find arguments both promoting homosexuality as being okay and condemning it as being heinous and sinful. There is at least one verse in scripture that I know of that explicitly states it is evil and sin. But it all comes down to is it spiritually pleasing and does it lead you closer to God, growing in love for Him and others, or does it have the opposite effect?

I do see it as being sinful, and sin in general is like drinking salt water. It doesn't quench your spiritual thirst, but rather exasperates it, and makes you crave more and more, causing spiritual death over time. It makes you grow in want rather than fulfilling the God-given desires you have. It helps not only to stay grounded in the Word, but also to stay in close fellowship with God and let Him convict you of sin, rather than us trying to convict yourselves. That's the beauty of a relationship with God; He'll get your attention on what He wants to deal with. Just be yourself and be honest.

Plus, in my experience God does offer something good as a replacement to any sin we may struggle with. Instead of homosexuality which doesn't satisfy, God offers a brotherly love which does satisfy and is clean, pure and holy, and far better.

Romans 1:27 said:
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can almost guarantee that you will find arguments both promoting homosexuality as being okay and condemning it as being heinous and sinful. There is at least one verse in scripture that I know of that explicitly states it is evil and sin. But it all comes down to is it spiritually pleasing and does it lead you closer to God, growing in love for Him and others, or does it have the opposite effect?

I do see it as being sinful, and sin in general is like drinking salt water. It doesn't quench your spiritual thirst, but rather exasperates it, and makes you crave more and more, causing spiritual death over time. It makes you grow in want rather than fulfilling the God-given desires you have. It helps not only to stay grounded in the Word, but also to stay in close fellowship with God and let Him convict you of sin, rather than us trying to convict yourselves. That's the beauty of a relationship with God; He'll get your attention on what He wants to deal with. Just be yourself and be honest.

Plus, in my experience God does offer something good as a replacement to any sin we may struggle with. Instead of homosexuality which doesn't satisfy, God offers a brotherly love which does satisfy and is clean, pure and holy, and far better.
Right, but my point is Google is filtering one interpretation over the other, very clearly IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.