Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Now I'm watching some Hillsong worship videos. I could not stop crying under the anointing:
Here are a few videos that I've watched.

Your Love
I Live to Know You
I Will Run to You
In Your Hands

I was not in a good frame of mind this morning. However, after listening to this music I felt I was in a different world worshipping along with this friendly and lovely group of people back in the 90s and replaying the videos brought it to life. It's so encouraging and uplifting.

I have been listening to Hillsong worship videos since 2009/2010, and I might gravitate towards certain videos throughout the past decade. The songs posted above are songs I either discovered this year, or last year. The church posted a bunch of old songs back in 2017 so anyone that does a search can access all of their old albums (ie which makes sense since nobody used DVDs, VHS anymore and they would just have other people upload bootleg copies online so it's really the direction of the age of streaming).

I like how you can play a video and instantly be put into a worship atmosphere just by hitting play on youtube.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I liked the S/B Public Enemies movie a lot, rating it 8.1 almost 1 point higher than IMDB ratings. I've collected a lot of Superman and Batman animated series almost everything I've found from second hand local sources sometimes completing series/collections by buying on Ebay. The 1996-98 Superman the Animated Series (3 volumes) IMO is excellent rating mid to high 8s on my scale featuring Timothy Daly as Superman in it. In the Batman series that I have is Batman Beyond (3 volumes) rating mid 7s to mid 8s with Will Friedle playing the younger Batman and Kevin Conroy the "retired" old batman. It is a futuristic take and worth watching if you are into animated and batman characters. Batman the Animated Series you are likely already into (4 volumes) With Kevin Conroy I rate it mid to high 8s with IMDB rating it a 9.0. I have Batman the Brave and the Bold series which took me a long time to get it on the cheap that is decent and is 3 seasons (5 Volumes) I rate it mid 6s to high 7s with it peaking early in season 2. decent showing as anything on my scale rated 7 or above is a good watch for me and having a series that you can get immersed in and binge watch is often a good way to distract yourself from thinking about...... stuff.
The Batman series (5 volumes) is good also, rating from 7.4 to 8.2 for me starting off kind of slow but then solid after the first season with Rino Romano as Batman in it.

I have about 40 titles in Batman both movies and animated movies and series with all the Batman movies (non animated) except the last one (The Batman) which I'm on the lookout for. contrast that with 16 Superman titles Total, Batman is a lot more popular for sure.

I'm not sure about the latest animated stuff (Batman or Superman) being put out. I may just see what I stumble across and read reviews to see if they are rated well or not as anything rated 5 or below on IMDB I pretty much have to be a fan of the series to bother with collecting as for the most part IMDB ratings are within 1.5 points of mine or less depending on the genre. Often my ratings are less than 0.5 points off theirs as I take into account rewatchability in the equation not just initial "wow" factor when I do keep a movie in my collection.

Both the "animated series" of Batman and Superman are not cheap to acquire and rarely found at a bargain price locally you could find yourself spending over $100 for the Batman series or $20 each which if you consider what you get compared to a ~90 minute movie is a bargain for entertainment hours you get. I find the older animated series pretty much ignored hollywood influence and rarely delved deep into politics either considerably more neutral than today such that regardless of your ideology/religion/etc you would likely enjoy it.
I am now watching the Justice League animated series. Wow, is it very meh. Seems like a giant step back from the Batman & Superman shows. It's a weaker Teen Titans. It seems too 'paint by the numbers.'
I think some of it is I find the pacing too slow. The episodes are 2 parts so everything's dragged out.
I do like Martian Manhunter, tho.

Upvote 0