Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've gotten into a series of romance novels. It's been a long time since I was this interested in romance. They are by a Christian author, and they are short, easy reads. There are 12 books in the series called Smokey Mountain Matches by Karen Kirst.

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I am starting a new sci-fi series. The author is Cixin Liu and the series is called Remembrance of Earth's Past. The first books is The Three-Body Problem, the second is The Dark Forest and the third is Death's End. There is a forth book by a fan called The Redemption of Time that I may consider after readying the three by Cixin Liu.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wishing everyone a Happy Resurrection Sunday! He has risen indeed! Screenshot_20220417-063548~2.png Screenshot_20220417-063923~3.png Screenshot_20220417-063624~3.png oops wrong thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain (for school) and Attacking Chess by Josh Waitzkin (not for school).

I like both authors. Twain is hilarious, and Waitzkin is friendly. Attacking Chess was written when he was 18 years old. I recommend The Art of Learning for non-chess-players, heh. Very well written.

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished Jerry Bridges' The Practice of Godliness. After a few introductory chapters, the remaining book gives a chapter each to the Fruits of the Spirit. Each chapter is structured how God exhibits them, how we can act on them, & how we can grow in them. I recommend this book to believers who want to develop godliness, & how to practice Christian character in their own lives, with God, & w/ others.

Matthew 27 , actually my bible is the only book I read because I despise reading. I don’t get enjoyment from books , that being said I do enjoy reading my scriptures and keeping notes
You just need to find 'your' author, genre, or writing style. :)

Actually it seems like the Bible is it for you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson (13th Century) translated by Anthony Faulkes. A compilation of Norse myths and legends and a textbook for young poets who wished to praise kings. I am looking forward to the publication of Jackson Crawford's translation.

Upvote 0