Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
http://amazinghealth.com/

Try calling the nurses and doctors on staff here, and see if they can help you by phone, they give advice - https://weimar.org/health/

http://www.newstart.com/

Also, pray about changing from meat/flesh to plant-based if not already. Remove the dairy, it's killing us! Almond milk, cashew milk tastes way better.

Lots of good healing food here (easy 30 min or less prep) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFIDisZ08E2_t4ZeAO8kwrRLo9YKxJob

For spiritual health, consider listening to Chapters 74-87 - Link

Also, do you garden? Great therapy, for the whole being!

PS. If you are drinking "Soda", get off of it. I used to be 185 lbs. I cold-turkeyed the soda (used to drink 3-litres (not 2, but 3)) and lost the weight, down to 130 (where I was before all that).
I very much appreciate your wanting to be helpful and I am sure you have some great advice there. However, I feel I have finally found (really been led to) what works for me.

I hate eating meat, though I love it, because of factory farming. Therefore my diet has a limited amount of it, but some. I did give up milk some time ago because when I prayed to know why I kept having dizziness the Father brought me the word "milk." Yeal, it's not really a great product. The cows are not treated nicely on dairy farms, per my understanding, and are pumped up with all kind of chemicals.

I do watch to be sure I am getting all the protein and other nutrients I need, plus strive to stay alkaline and don't have anything with processed sugar, eat organic mostly, etc.

But thanks again for caring. :)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remove the dairy, it's killing us! Almond milk
PS. If you are drinking "Soda", get off of it. I used to be 185 lbs. I cold-turkeyed the soda (used to drink 3-litres (not 2, but 3)) and lost the weight, down to 130

wow, that's amazing
have heard similar stories

we don't drink soda, so no "just cut out soda" for me
we've been drinking almond milk for yrs now since our child is unable to drink milk

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
wow, that's amazing
have heard similar stories

we don't drink soda, so no "just cut out soda" for me
we've been drinking almond milk for yrs now since our child is unable to drink milk
Almond milk is yummy and alkalizing too. Milk is acidic.

Guess what? So many people have experienced problems with milk that it is one of the ingredients, by law, that has to be shown on supplement bottles. The others include soy and wheat and, I think, corn. Corn is almost always GMO. Both soy and GMO corn are said to be associated with gender hormonal changes.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A lot of the problems associated with milk/dairy have to do with pasturization which totally changes the structure of milk. One of my cousins used to get horrible rashes as a baby until they stopped giving it to him, he did fine with goats milk and later found he was fine with raw milk... but any time he would drink pasturized cows milk... bad things happened.:confused:
Plus if your doing keto, milk is pretty high carb.
Double cream & butter are good though :D

Have you checked to see if theres any farms local to you that raise grass fed beef or other meats?.
Are you in the US? Theres a really good website that is helpfull for finding local farms and places to buy better quality(ie non-factory farmed) . If your in the US ill see if I can find the link (im in Scotland so we have local farmers/butchers/dairys etc all around us)

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you checked to see if theres any farms local to you that raise grass fed beef or other meats?)

my parents are into grass fed and gave us one pkg; didn't like the taste at all

we rarely have ground beef (1-2X /yr maybe)

btw, lost two lbs (better than nothing or gaining, lol)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of the problems associated with milk/dairy have to do with pasturization which totally changes the structure of milk. One of my cousins used to get horrible rashes as a baby until they stopped giving it to him, he did fine with goats milk and later found he was fine with raw milk... but any time he would drink pasturized cows milk... bad things happened.:confused:
Plus if your doing keto, milk is pretty high carb.
Double cream & butter are good though :D

Have you checked to see if theres any farms local to you that raise grass fed beef or other meats?.
Are you in the US? Theres a really good website that is helpfull for finding local farms and places to buy better quality(ie non-factory farmed) . If your in the US ill see if I can find the link (im in Scotland so we have local farmers/butchers/dairys etc all around us)
Yes, I am in the USA. Where I live there are no farms nearby at all for getting fresh milk and eggs right off the farm. Wish there were. I'm only doing part Keto. Milk and milk products, except butter which you say is okay, are avoided.

So you are from Scotland. You get a thistle for your post. (Hope I'm using that word right. Lol.)

I wish I had some Scottish heritage - which is actually Irish, English and German - so maybe I would be better with money! Statistics over here haev shown that those witih Scottish heritage really do spend more frugally, at least if they are recent to this country.

Now,also off topic, I will ask you a question as a Scott. I thought the word Lass, which refers to a female, came from Ireland, then I saw on Google that it was associated with Scotland! I ain't changing my handle after all these years, but if you know that the Irish use Lass too, please let me know. ( I was born on St. Patrick's Day and the "Lorica" part is associated with his prayer for protection.)

Thanks for your input!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
my parents are into grass fed and gave us one pkg; didn't like the taste at all

we rarely have ground beef (1-2X /yr maybe)

btw, lost two lbs (better than nothing or gaining, lol)
Oh, you are so casual about losing 2 pounds. Hey, that's not a small deal. Good for you, gal.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am in the USA. Where I live there are no farms nearby at all for getting fresh milk and eggs right off the farm. Wish there were. I'm only doing part Keto. Milk and milk products, except butter which you say is okay, are avoided.

So you are from Scotland. You get a thistle for your post. (Hope I'm using that word right. Lol.)

I wish I had some Scottish heritage - which is actually Irish, English and German - so maybe I would be better with money! Statistics over here haev shown that those witih Scottish heritage really do spend more frugally, at least if they are recent to this country.

Now,also off topic, I will ask you a question as a Scott. I thought the word Lass, which refers to a female, came from Ireland, then I saw on Google that it was associated with Scotland! I ain't changing my handle after all these years, but if you know that the Irish use Lass too, please let me know. ( I was born on St. Patrick's Day and the "Lorica" part is associated with his prayer for protection.)

Thanks for your input!

Check www.eatwild.com just in case, my sister dident think there was anything near her(shes in Oregon) but found a couple on that site.

What do you mean “Part Keto”? Ketos pretty specific in the sense that its eating to put your body into a ketogenic/fat burning state.
Ive eaten Paleo/Primal for the last 5-6 years (so basically no processed foods, no grains, no sugar, real food only) and have done really good but when I tweaked my macros to make it Keto (not really a big change for me, just higher fat/less carbs than what I was currently eating) I dropped 35lbs in about 5-6 weeks without even trying and felt really good, lots of energy etc. no calorie restriction or anything.(Actully I dont track calories at all, just watch the carbs) In fact calorie restriction can actuly work against you as your body just refuses to co-opperate and cuts the amount of calories it burns. Aka tanked metabolism.

:D im actually Canadian :D and lived in the US for a while before I married a Scotsman and moved over here about 15 years ago. Great grandfather was Scottish on both sides of the family so tecnicly im part Scottish ansestry (along with irish, welsh, german, souix, cherokee, italian and about 7-8 others I cant remember... so basicly a mutt :p )
Lass or Lassie is a common term for both the Scots & Irish. Im not sure who gets to claim for longest use of the term but they all use it.
One of my sisters was born the day after st.patricks and gripes because she always gets a green cake lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Check www.eatwild.com just in case, my sister dident think there was anything near her(shes in Oregon) but found a couple on that site.

What do you mean “Part Keto”? Ketos pretty specific in the sense that its eating to put your body into a ketogenic/fat burning state.
Ive eaten Paleo/Primal for the last 5-6 years (so basically no processed foods, no grains, no sugar, real food only) and have done really good but when I tweaked my macros to make it Keto (not really a big change for me, just higher fat/less carbs than what I was currently eating) I dropped 35lbs in about 5-6 weeks without even trying and felt really good, lots of energy etc. no calorie restriction or anything.(Actully I dont track calories at all, just watch the carbs) In fact calorie restriction can actuly work against you as your body just refuses to co-opperate and cuts the amount of calories it burns. Aka tanked metabolism.

:D im actually Canadian :D and lived in the US for a while before I married a Scotsman and moved over here about 15 years ago. Great grandfather was Scottish on both sides of the family so tecnicly im part Scottish ansestry (along with irish, welsh, german, souix, cherokee, italian and about 7-8 others I cant remember... so basicly a mutt :p )
Lass or Lassie is a common term for both the Scots & Irish. Im not sure who gets to claim for longest use of the term but they all use it.
One of my sisters was born the day after st.patricks and gripes because she always gets a green cake lol
Yes, that is funny about your sister. Oh thanks a bunch for letting me know Lass is also used by the Irish!

My, you've moved around. Sounds interesting. I hope you are happy in Scotland. Yeal, most everyone in America and Canada is a "mutt." There are rumors that on my father's side there is native American ancestry, too, but it's not verified. I have higher cheek bones than Elizabeth Warren, though! (If you don't keep up with American politics, she is castigated for claiming native American heritage based on her mother saying she had high cheek bones.)

Part Keto means that I do have some carbs for breakfast. Well, I also have a veggie smoothie, with some fruit juice at night. That's my definition of "part keto." I can't go all keto because it is pretty acidic and can lead to hypoglycemia.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Thanks for your input!
I just noticed that in the above post I left out that I use Lorica Lass on You Tube. Just mentioning that in was it was confusing.

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is funny about your sister. Oh thanks a bunch for letting me know Lass is also used by the Irish!

My, you've moved around. Sounds interesting. I hope you are happy in Scotland. Yeal, most everyone in America and Canada is a "mutt." There are rumors that on my father's side there is native American ancestry, too, but it's not verified. I have higher cheek bones than Elizabeth Warren, though! (If you don't keep up with American politics, she is castigated for claiming native American heritage based on her mother saying she had high cheek bones.)

Part Keto means that I do have some carbs for breakfast. Well, I also have a veggie smoothie, with some fruit juice at night. That's my definition of "part keto." I can't go all keto because it is pretty acidic and can lead to hypoglycemia.
Probably a *celtic* thing, not sure but think lass is also used regularly by the Welsh.

*snort* wasent aware high cheekbones were indicitive of native american ancestry..... I know a lot of people over here that are gonna be suprised their not what they think they are...:p
A lot of people mistake me for being Scandinavian/Norwegian ansestory (tall, muscular, curvy & blond)but thats one that I know isent in there. :D

Ok, so it sounds like you are maybe doing lower carb but not Keto. For your body to go into ketosis, you have to cut the carbs right down to very low (usally people aim for under 20 net carbs a day).
Unless your diabetic And on medication that is artificially forcing your blood sugar down, hypoglycemia isent likely (unless you have a verrrry very rare medical condition that I cant remember the name of) once you get into ketosis. T2 Diabetics on medication have to work with their dr and adjust there medications as the meds can force the blood sugar levels to low but eatting low carb on its own wont once your bodys adapted. My husband wasent on medication when we went keto and never had any issues with low blood sugar. (Cranky carb addict to boot )
Ive done a lot of research on Keto (plus the 5-6 years on paleo/primal of research) and ive never heard of anyone having hypoglycimic issues unless theres other factors involved (usally not actully doing keto properly so there body keeps addicted to carbs.)
Hypoglycimia is usally caused by you body tying to burn carbs and not being able to switch to fat burning when it runs out so that it crashes. Or issues with insulin.
And im away to make fathead pizza now :D we can get a smoked mozzerella here that is awesome on pizza.
Heres ones I made last week...
Pepperoni, peppers and olives (tomato basesd sauce)
CE24379F-4976-44D1-847C-C8F4BC065DED.jpeg

Venison Salami, Mushrooms, dried tomatoes (basil pesto based sauce)
73950457-D574-49E1-95AD-9475C8EB6CF7.jpeg

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
RUNSWITHDOGS Yer pics are makin' me hungry!

Well, maybe I shouldn't have used the term "modified keto." So far what I am doing is working for me though - if I stick to it religiously. The fastest and best way I ever lost weight was by having nothing but freshly squeezed veggies and fruit with olive oil and salt, and milk. (Can't remember if it was whole or skim milk.) I was totally energetic and lost 1/2 pound a day. But my body can't handle that right now due to hypoglycemia problems.

When I tried to do that again, substituting bone broth for the milk, just recently, I did have hypoglycemia big time. And I did make sure to have the trypotophan that bone broth is lacking, and to be sure there was enough protein generally.

We are tall and curvy (when thin!) and blondish (real blonde when children or young adults) in my "mutt" family too. When my daughter was in France she kept being asked "Hollandaise?" At first she was kind of offended as to her that was a sauce! Then she realized they were asking her if she was from Holland based on her long, blonde, hair.

The rumour is that there were Vikings on my mother's Irish side.

I like your picture of the dog, which I guess is a Great Dane. Used to own one. Such sweeties.

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:D Thats made with the fathead pizza crust recipe, very low carb and makes a realy good pizza crust, exspecially if you get it nice and thin, good crispy thin crust. Plus I get smoked mozzerella here which makes extra awsome pizza.

I suspect the hypoglycaemia was because your bodys used to running on carbs (every time you give it fruit juice etc it kicks you back to starting point.) and hasent figured out how to switch to burning fat,,, so when it ran out of carbs, even though you had the bone-broth(which wouldent have had much or any carbs) it wasent able to switch fuel sources and bzzzzzzzzzzzz:confused:
My mum does this, shes trying to go keto but gets so far and then eats something off plan so never gets into ketosis, then complains about crashing... um yeah.. mum, about that mac and cheese you just ate?....... :rolleyes:

If your really intrested in doing keto then id recomend first listening to a bunch of the videos by dr. Fung and dr. Berry that I mentioned before. They both know there stuff and are able to explain it in a way thats understandable. Dr. Fung also has a couple books that are really good and give more scientific explanations for how/why/what.
Also there is a website dietdoctor.com thats really good, dr. Fung has a lot of videos on there but theres also tons of other experts and info, recipes, how to’s etc. So maybe youd find that helpful.

Lol, thats funny, yeah i woulda been thinking the sauce to.
I was born with RED hair but it went golden blond, One of my sisters is built like me and had that pale golden hair when younger but ended up with olive skin, hazel eyes & dark brown hair, the other is short & stocky with the same colouring as me only she has saphire blue eyes (I have green/grey/blue, they change depending on mood & what im wearing) Obviously we all took after different bits of the family tree :p

Nope, hes a OEMastiff. That picture was him at maybe 3-4 months old? Hes 3 years old now, 210lbs and looks like this....

7FB06725-100D-49FA-B5DF-29CA8935FE4F.jpeg

ABDDABA9-83F3-442B-A276-079780155A5A.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh what a lovely looking, sweet looking, animal. Please give him a scratch on the head for me.

My daughter was born with reddish hair that later turned blonde, too. I've heard that when the Bible says David is rudy, that probably means he had red hair You know a lot of Israelites, in the time of David, and after, were in the British Isles. They had tin mines in Ireland for one thing, from what I've heard. Don't know much about Scottish names but British means Covenant man, as you may know. My mother's family had a last name derivative of Daniel - and then there is the Danube and so on.

I may look into full blown keto at a later time. Right now I am going to stick with what is working as it took me so long to find something where I can lose weight and not be acidic and not be hypoglycemic. Well, it works, as mentioned above, if I stick to it religiously. I won't have so much of a loss this weigh-in-Thursday because I kind of cheated some last week and thought it wouldn't hurt. :sigh: Wrong. Back on the wagon for good.

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sweet..o_O. *snort* hes a poophead. Gets a pat anyways lol

My mom has a picture of me when I was a baby and my hair was fire engine red. Same colour as the teddy bear I had. Funny how something like that can change that much.

David, Ruddy... yeah ive heard that to. One of those things to check out when we get to heaven... (add to the list lol)

I always know when I shouldent have eaten something, exspecially wheat, I get all achy, exspecially in the shoulders. Years ago, before I went primal/paleo I was having ongoing issues with my shoulder which was assumed to be due to my work, basicly repetitive strain problems... had been going on for a few years.... untill I cut out the gluten/wheat and within a few days, I all of a sudden realized it was gone.... havent had any further problems with it since... unless I eat wheat.. then I spend a few days remembering why i dont eat wheat....:eek:

But on the flip sight, scales arnt everything... I havent registered any weight loss for a month or so now (well, actully my scales can flux 6-8 lbs from one day to the next . But its stayed in the same general range) but even though my weight dosent seem to be dropping, my clothes are fitting looser . So its not always about the scales. Muscle weights more than fat so if your putting on a bit of muscle, it can seem like your not loosing even when you are. Also if you eat something that makes you bloat or retain water, that can make you think your doing worse than you are.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of uh, poop, re your dog... That's the down side to those wonderful, lovable, giant breeds. Lotsa poppie to clean up.

Yeal, it really sounds like you are gluten intolerant. So many people are, and are also allergic to wheat.

About the scales, I got a new one just when I started the diet. It never seemed to jump up and down in weight as my other scales did, but just showed a steady loss if I stuck to the diet. Yesterday I was 1 pound less. Today, the scales jumped up a 1/2 pound, with no change in diet so I am taking your words seriously and not feeling so bad. But still, I think measuring the weight from week to week is probably pretty accurate.

Wow, though, to vary 6 to 8 pounds in one day, that's amazing. Since you seem very health conscious, you probably have very accurate scales too, so that wouldn't be the reason.

Upvote 0