Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have been a yoyo dieter most of my adult life. Recently my weight has climbed to the highest ever. Part of the problem, I believe, is that I have been having problems with hypoglycemia. When my blood sugar gets low I lose all energy and feel bad mentally and physically, but if I eat (more than I should) then my energy comes back. I have been researching and working on keeping blood sugar stable, though. So, hopefully, I am ready to get thin.

Is there anyone who would like to be part of a support group for weight loss here? Like me you don't have to tell what you weigh right now, unless you want to.
wink.gif

My current idea is that we just keep using this string with our updated reports and pray for one another..

We can report how much weight we have lost and give praise for that and encouragement to others.

Or, if you have any other ideas for support, please include them. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I highly recommend joining the Facebook groups called 'Fit girl Tribe' and 'women who lift. It's super encouraging and active and it's all females and a closed group so no one in your friend list can see your posts (unless they've joined that group). I also recommend counting your macros using the macros Inc website.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to join here. I am not interested in going to FB or some other website though. I am happy with the number of websites that I am participating in now.

My problem with weight is a bit different. I take medications that cause weight gain. Compounding this, I was always an undereater previous to having taken them, so I feel that both those things have contributed to my being about 40 pounds overweight.

I don't weigh myself at home, because I get a bit caught up on the number on the scales, rather than what I should be doing to get to and maintain a healthy weight.

I also have a problem with nighttime eating. I wake up in the middle of the night, wander into the kitchen and mindlessly eat something. The next morning I cannot even recall what I have eaten, only that I did eat something.

Maybe we can help one another, @LoricaLady

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I highly recommend joining the Facebook groups called 'Fit girl Tribe' and 'women who lift. It's super encouraging and active and it's all females and a closed group so no one in your friend list can see your posts (unless they've joined that group). I also recommend counting your macros using the macros Inc website.
I appreciate your response and would probably do as you suggest except for one thing...
Years ago I felt the Father leading me to stay off of Facebook due to privacy concerns. From what I have learned since, I'm really glad I was cautioned. May you be protected out there in FB land.

• Friendly
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to join here. I am not interested in going to FB or some other website though. I am happy with the number of websites that I am participating in now.

My problem with weight is a bit different. I take medications that cause weight gain. Compounding this, I was always an undereater previous to having taken them, so I feel that both those things have contributed to my being about 40 pounds overweight.

I don't weigh myself at home, because I get a bit caught up on the number on the scales, rather than what I should be doing to get to and maintain a healthy weight.

I also have a problem with nighttime eating. I wake up in the middle of the night, wander into the kitchen and mindlessly eat something. The next morning I cannot even recall what I have eaten, only that I did eat something.

Maybe we can help one another, @LoricaLady

Oh bless your heart. I'm so happy to see someone else interested in this.
Well, as I said I am very open to suggestions on how to proceed. One thing that has occurred to me, btw, is that some might prefer to share support in PMs. Whatever is fine by me.

But my current idea is to simply report each time we lose a pound, or more than a pound if one wants to wait that long. Then we can mutually praise and encourage more, and kind of ongoing pray for us to get thin and STAY thin for life! The only thing is, since you say you don't weigh in, do you just want to report other ways of success, like that you are eating according to your plan and not having night tine trips to the fridge?

Any suggestions are good, and thanks for any.

I pray for you, SpiritSong right now, that you will be led to healthy eating habits, and also that whatever medical condition is causing you to take medicine will be resolved.

And btw I once had an accountability partner online regarding weight loss. It worked great and I lost all the weight in a timely way.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your response and would probably do as you suggest except for one thing...
Years ago I felt the Father leading me to stay off of Facebook due to privacy concerns. From what I have learned since, I'm really glad I was cautioned. May you be protected out there in FB land.
I totally understand. I am personally feeling led to deactivate my facebook in a couple of months from now. Those two groups have played a huge factor personally in helping me to get motivated in working out. I definitely still recommend checking out the macros calculator. It's something I've used and has helped me lose weight in a healthy and steady way. All the best on your journey : ) You got this.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been a yoyo dieter most of my adult life. Recently my weight has climbed to the highest ever. Part of the problem, I believe, is that I have been having problems with hypoglycemia. When my blood sugar gets low I lose all energy and feel bad mentally and physically, but if I eat (more than I should) then my energy comes back. I have been researching and working on keeping blood sugar stable, though. So, hopefully, I am ready to get thin.

Is there anyone who would like to be part of a support group for weight loss here? Like me you don't have to tell what you weigh right now, unless you want to.
wink.gif

My current idea is that we just keep using this string with our updated reports and pray for one another..

We can report how much weight we have lost and give praise for that and encouragement to others.

Or, if you have any other ideas for support, please include them. Thanks so much.
I am in the normal weight range. I lost about 14 pounds in the past year and a half.

These Kindle books helped me lose weight and recover from high blood pressure and kidney stones:
Dr. Joel Fuhrman, "Eat to Live"
Dr Michael Greger, "How Not to Die"
Dr. Dean Ornish, "Reversing Heart Disease"

There are Overeater's Anonymous meetings. They are nationwide.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I totally understand. I am personally feeling led to deactivate my facebook in a couple of months from now. Those two groups have played a huge factor personally in helping me to get motivated in working out. I definitely still recommend checking out the macros calculator. It's something I've used and has helped me lose weight in a healthy and steady way. All the best on your journey : ) You got this.
Yes, it sounds like I should check out that macro thing. Never heard of it. If you happen to have a link handy which you would recommend....

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it sounds like I should check out that macro thing. Never heard of it. If you happen to have a link handy which you would recommend....
Absolutely! If you have any questions about it, I'm more than happy to help out. Also the calculator takes a little time to load but you'll see it near the top. You don't have to put in your name and email address like it says. Just fill in your current weight and the rest will pop up for you.
http://macrosinc.net/services/macro-calculator/

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

wink.gif

You have insulin resistance try keto diet but not for long then you switch to wholesome foods .

I went from 125-130 KG to below 80kg in about 9 months with 0 exercises and desk job then switched to wholesome foods , because of introducting carbs back to diet my body mixed it with water to make glucose and I went to 85 kg within next two days then dropped to 83-84 kg and my weight did not yoyo back since then .

You will gain energy and you won't feel hungry , I sometimes did not eat anything for 24h because I was eating my belly :satisfied:

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Oh bless your heart. I'm so happy to see someone else interested in this...

I did good today for our Independence Day Holiday. I did not eat any sugar, the main thing I try to avoid. We ate healthy too, and for the first time ever, I had some "Ezekiel Bread." It is all organic and made from sprouted wheat and such. It is based upon the bread that Ezekiel ate.

I'm not that organized, so if I just wing it here, I hope you don't mind. Like today, I will try to focus on my successes and the happy moments of my eating experiences.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You have insulin resistance try keto diet but not for long then you switch to wholesome foods .

I went from 125-130 KG to below 80kg in about 9 months with 0 exercises and desk job then switched to wholesome foods , because of introducting carbs back to diet my body mixed it with water to make glucose and I went to 85 kg within next two days then dropped to 83-84 kg and my weight did not yoyo back since then .

You will gain energy and you won't feel hungry , I sometimes did not eat anything for 24h because I was eating my belly :satisfied:
I went on a keto diet once and did great on it. But it is not for those who are battling hypoglycemia because they do need more sugar than it provides. I do kinda try to do keto by mostly avoiding grains. The sugar I have is never processed.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I did good today for our Independence Day Holiday. I did not eat any sugar, the main thing I try to avoid. We ate healthy too, and for the first time ever, I had some "Ezekiel Bread." It is all organic and made from sprouted wheat and such. It is based upon the bread that Ezekiel ate.

I'm not that organized, so if I just wing it here, I hope you don't mind. Like today, I will try to focus on my successes and the happy moments of my eating experiences.

That's great that you didn't have sugar, and on a holiday too! :)

Heck, you can report in any way you like. I'm just grateful to have someone as a support partner. I probably won't say a whole lot, if anything, about my weight until next Wednesday. I don't know if I will even lose anything by then as I am still experimenting on the hypoglycemia diet choices. But I can surely be supportive to you and anyone else who may come on board!

Well, I will say one thing about my diet. I have made the change of drinking a lot of water every day. At least 3 quarts. That has helped me lose weight in the past.

I try to weigh in only once a week, for you know how it goes, the weight can go up and down in just a day or two, even if we are doin' "good." Yes, I have heard of Ezekiel bread and that it is way healthier than the usual bread out there. It tastes pretty good too, especially toasted. Organic, yeal, that's the way to go, my own general choice. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When I get stressed, that is when I break down and skip my usual routine and eat something I shouldn't. I am quite sure I did that last night, but I only barely remember it. I must have been half asleep.

Please pray for me that my stress levels stay down and I don't eat when I shouldn't. I am praying for all of you too!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, with my weekly weigh in I have to confess I am at exactly the same weight as before. The hopeful thing, though, is that in the last 3 days I seem to have found ways to combat hypoglycemia so that it is way less. Before, I would eat more than I should to combat it. My hope is that now I can start to lose without that fear of shakiness and so on.

The bad news is that I have done yoyo dieting all my life. The good news is that I know, through experiencing yoyo dieting, that I can get rid of this weight.

I hope things are going well for you SpiritSong.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think I lost a couple pounds this week, from weighing in at a Dr.'s
Office. I am working on getting my food more organized and I have made
a shopping list for today that is more geared toward healthy foods. I
have someone helping me with all this too, which is so nice, not to
feel as if I am out on a sea of endless possibilities and no sailor in
sight!

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think I lost a couple pounds this week, from weighing in at a Dr.'s
Office. I am working on getting my food more organized and I have made
a shopping list for today that is more geared toward healthy foods. I
have someone helping me with all this too, which is so nice, not to
feel as if I am out on a sea of endless possibilities and no sailor in
sight!

Praying for you!
Wow. 2 pounds. That's great SpiritSong. I could be envious, lol, but I'm encouraged instead.
Thank you for the prayers. I have prayed for you, too.

(Anyone else, at any time who wants to get on board here, feel free!)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks. I think what helped me is that I have been out for a few walks. Exercise is important too, as are the prayers, definitely! Thanks be to God for that.

Upvote 0