✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
would love to lose some wt

can try really hard and lose 5 lbs and then husband travels for work, stress eat, and gain back the 5 lbs lost

it takes what seems like forever to lose 5 lbs and then when he's out of town say for 2 wks, will gain it all back!

don't know how to stop this crazy cycle

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have found that prayers really can produce wonders. God does answer. I ask others to pray and I pray too. Together we get better with the help of God!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
would love to lose some wt

can try really hard and lose 5 lbs and then husband travels for work, stress eat, and gain back the 5 lbs lost

it takes what seems like forever to lose 5 lbs and then when he's out of town say for 2 wks, will gain it all back!

don't know how to stop this crazy cycle
Hmmm.... I can only guess why you put on more weight when he is home. I know it can be tempting, when eating with others, to be social and maybe eat more than we should, but again I don't know in your case, of course.

Whatever. If you want to join in and maybe set a goal for some months, or a year, when you keep the weight off, welcome aboard. One way or another I will pray for you to lose the weight and keep it off.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.... I can only guess why you put on more weight when he is home. I know it can be tempting, when eating with others, to be social.

no, I can lose wt when he's home

not a social eater at all
in fact if we have company, I don't even eat as too busy taking care of everyone

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue seems maybe to be that you need peace when your husband is away. I pray for that.

thank you

feel that I'm in a loop that I can't get out of
it's so hard to lose the wt but yet it comes back so easily

just not fair!

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
thank you

feel that I'm in a loop that I can't get out of
it's so hard to lose the wt but yet it comes back so easily

just not fair!
Well, if there is anyway that this thread can be helpful, lead on.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, it is Thursday, my weigh in day and I have to admit I am still the same, at my same "defense weight." However, I have been definitely doing better in my eating habits and I have noticed that past that my defense weight will stay for some time, then suddenly I will drop a couple of pounds maybe more. So I am not really discourage and am certainly not giving up! :)

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I weighed in today and I lost a pound. That may not seem significant as weight can vary a lot in a few days, but my weight tends to get stuck on a "defense weight" mode and stay exactly there, without dieting, and the scales have not shown that lower amount in a long time. I'm gonna get thin and pray the same for others. :)

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That is great. A pound is not something to ignore. You reached a goal of some kind, so pat yourself on the back and smile!

I am just working on not getting up in the middle of the night and eating. So far for about a week now I have succeeded at that with God's help. If I can carry on not eating in the middle of the night and being conservative with what I eat during the day, I should come back down to my more usual weight. It will take time, I know. I appreciate your prayers, @LoricaLady and I am praying for you too!

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is great. A pound is not something to ignore. You reached a goal of some kind, so pat yourself on the back and smile!

I am just working on not getting up in the middle of the night and eating. So far for about a week now I have succeeded at that with God's help. If I can carry on not eating in the middle of the night and being conservative with what I eat during the day, I should come back down to my more usual weight. It will take time, I know. I appreciate your prayers, @LoricaLady and I am praying for you too!
Thank you for the prayers and the encouragement, Spirit Song! Prayer is what will get us to our goals, I know, and I have certainly prayed for you, too.

A whole week resisting a habit you want to break, that's super. :)

Yeal, it takes time, but as we persist we will see the results we want. Abba is on our side!

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
At work there are a few people that I think purposely try to get on my nerves. They like to tease and pick on me, and I am not the kind of person that catches that easily and I think they are serious and trying to insult me. It is so annoying. (Then they say, "I was just teasing" after I have taken it seriously). I am trying to do my job and this is so distracting. I tried to get my boss to talk to them, but they keep right on doing this. UGH!

So, anyway, I am up way after midnight and I am not sleepy at all and I have eaten what I did not need to eat, not a lot, but since I was not really hungry, more than I should have.

I suppose the above problem is at the root of all this eating thing, although I have had a kind of love hate relationship with food all my life, so this is just a symptom, I guess. Sometimes a problem like this makes me want not to eat and sometimes it does the opposite.

All I know is that my eating is messing up and that this is most likely the most recent cause of it, though when I was a child, far worse things caused me to have problems with my eating. Really, all my life, I have had one or another of a kind a trouble with my over or undereating.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry that those people were being so unpleasant. Yeal, that ol' "I was just teasing" line is kinda pitiful. I pray the Father will give you insight on how to handle such folk wisely.

Overeating when stressed is definitely something I have been guilty of a lot. That's where the term "comfort food" comes from I guess.

I pray, also, that you will be healed of whatever it was that hurt you in your childhood. :)

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I blew it with social eating and did not lose anything this week. I thought just one day wouldn't maybe make a difference, but it did. The eating place we were at was a nice little sidewalk place, very informal, not the kind where you would ask for a doggy bag to take part of the food home for later - so I ate all they gave me. I think in the future I may even put a plastic bag in my purse as my own personal doggy bag.

Also, when the suggestion was made that we should all go out for some ice cream or other sweets, later, I didn't want to seem not congenial so said okay. But I could have just gone along and gotten something, taken a little bite, and wrapped the rest in a napkin to put in my purse.

So I'm learning. I can't cheat for a day and can't let social eating get in the way of progress, but have to be creative about how to participate with others, yet with real restraint until I lose this weight.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I blew it with social eating and did not lose anything this week. I thought just one day wouldn't maybe make a difference, but it did. The eating place we were at was a nice little sidewalk place, very informal, not the kind where you would ask for a doggy bag to take part of the food home for later - so I ate all they gave me. I think in the future I may even put a plastic bag in my purse as my own personal doggy bag.

Also, when the suggestion was made that we should all go out for some ice cream or other sweets, later, I didn't want to seem not congenial so said okay. But I could have just gone along and gotten something, taken a little bite, and wrapped the rest in a napkin to put in my purse.

So I'm learning. I can't cheat for a day and can't let social eating get in the way of progress, but have to be creative about how to participate with others, yet with real restraint until I lose this weight.

Yes, one of my major problems is people pleasing too. I do it far too often. Then I get mad at those who talked me into it, but really it is my own fault!

Upvote 0