• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Was Adam the FIRST Food Producer??? GENERATIONS ???

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by joshua 1 9, Dec 14, 2017.

1. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,567
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    If it violates the foundation of scripture, then not so.

So in everything,
    do to others
    what you would have them do to you,
    for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
    Matthew 7:12

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.
    Mark 12:31

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
    1 Peter 3:8

No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.
    1 Corinthians 10:24

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
    1 Thessalonians 5:11

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Galatians 5:14

2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,567
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    True. But that adds a lot to scripture that doesn't exist.
    I'm avoid adding anything.

All life has come from the land, under God's direction.

24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so.

This is where wild man came from that Adam's offspring had children with a filled the world and built cities.

3. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    I can guarantee you that if you ask working scientists the following broad questions:
    - how old is the earth
    - how did humans originate
    - how does evolution work

You'll get pretty synchronised answers.

Meanwhile, you folks have a book that supposedly reflects the lessons, information and wishes of an all-knowing, all-powerfull entity... all you have to do is read. And you can't even agree on the basics of what it says concerning these subjects.

4. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    But it is past on to off-spring?
    How, if not genetically?

5. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    It's not just you versus the rest though.
    From the looks of it, every single individual theist in this thread is NOT agreeing with all other individual theists in this thread.

As in, if 10 theists are engaging in this thread, we are looking at 10 different versions.

EDIT: LOL! I was just done typing this message, scrolled further to see the new posts in the thread and what do I see? 4 theists arguing amongst themselves about what the story does and doesn't say.

6. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+9,437
    Anabaptist
    "You" being a group of who ? (can't really identify those who oppose Scripture even though they say they are believers, in most sections of the forum)
    See? All those who are taught the truth and believe it, following Jesus and immersed in His Name, do agree. (all over the world wherever they may be found, FEW that we/they are)

7. yeshuaslavejeff

+9,437
    Anabaptist
    Who ever once ever anywhere said 'theists' will agree on anything ?

8. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    1. atheism is not the claim or belief that "there is no god". atheism is a single position on the claim "there IS a god". And that position is: "I see no reason to accept that claim as true" - which does not mean that one accepts the opposite claim.

2. as atheism makes no claims, there is nothing in atheism to agree or disagree about.

Except here, the subject matter is not "opinion". It is rather "what is reality?".
    Reality isn't a matter of "opinion".

This isn't "I like blue" and "I prefer red".

This is about what is true / accurate and what isn't. Which is a matter of fact and evidence, not a matter of preferences or opinions.

Again, while believing or claiming "there is no god" is obviously compatible with atheism, it isn't inherent to it.

Most atheists are agnostic atheists.

Yet you can not agree what that word is all about. Eventhough you're all reading the same book. This reflects upon your god-model as well. If you can't agree about the lore, then that disagreement inevitably reflects on this god as well.

Remember, some of you (you = christians) are saying things like "if you believe evolution, you will go to hell" - and that includes christians who don't have issues with modern biology. Like the Pope.

Actually, not really.

I did read his supposed word and I didn't see any difference (in terms of believability) in comparision with any other religious book out there.

You folks are also reading his supposed word and even among you, you cannot agree on what it says. What makes you think that when I would read it, I would understand it like you do? Not even christians understand it like you do, apparantly.

Again, I think you might first want to agree among yourselves what it says, before any of you ask us to agree with you.

What message? The one you christians can't even agree on?
    That's the thing, isn't it....

If even bible believers can't agree on what the texts are saying, what do you really expect from an atheist reading those books?

9. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,563
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    The most intense debates on these boards, has always been between christians and who has the correct interpretation of scripture.

Quite entertaining to watch.

10. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    I agree.
    Perhaps I didn't pay much attention in other threads, but in this thread, it seems to be exceptionally so.

I just scrolled through various pages with practically nothing but back and forwards between christians, disagreeing about what their bible says. All of them completely convinced that "they" have the right understanding.

11. DogmaHunter

DogmaHunter Code Monkey

+8,434
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    The theists in this thread that disagree with eachother on the subject matter.

Emphasis mine.
    Somehow, I knew that it wouldn't take long before someone replied to my post with a no-true-scottsman fallacy.

Haaaa. And I bet that YOU are that individual in this particular thread, ha?

Because none of the theists in this thread seem to be agreeing on the subject matter.
    So at best, only one of you has been "taught the truth and believes it" :)

12. yeshuaslavejeff

+9,437
    Anabaptist
    Which fallacy are you using,
    or which fallacy would you like to choose instead ? (that you or others have posted all along in many threads)

13. yeshuaslavejeff

+9,437
    Anabaptist
    ? who knows? Posted "ALL those", not just one or two.
    I don't know about anyone in this thread, do you ?

14. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,262
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That is why I always want to know what Moses says about it. God is not doing anything in the Church that He did not already do with Israel as a Nation.

15. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,770
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    No--you are adding a great deal that is counter to what the scriptures say. Nowhere does it say that God created spiritual Adam and Eve after making them wild animals. God does not make j8unki---0what He does perfectly. Some say "good" does not equate to perfect. In the eyes of God what do you think good means?---ooops, I forgot this or that? I should have given them 4 arms instead of 2 so they'd be more productive--or another set of eyes in the back of their heads so they can see where they're going and where they've been at the same time?? When God declares something good--it actually reads functional.

טוב [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    FUNCTIONAL: Definition: Fulfilling the action for which a person or thing is specially fitted or used, or for which a thing exists. A functioning within its intended purpose. Hebrew: טוב tov-masc.טובה to-vah-fem. AHLB: 1186-J(N) KJV Translations: good, better, well, goodness, goodly, best, merry, fair, prosperity, precious, fine, wealth, beautiful, fairer, favour, glad Strong's: #2896, #2898

25 and~he~will~DO(Verb) {וַיַּעַשׂ / wai'ya'as} Elohiym {אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him} AT {אֶת / et} LIVING {חַיַּת / hhai'yat} the~LAND {הָאָרֶץ / ha'a'rets} to~KIND~her {לְמִינָהּ / lê'mi'nah} and~AT {וְאֶת / wê'et} the~BEAST {הַבְּהֵמָה / ha'be'hey'mah} to~KIND~her {לְמִינָהּ / lê'mi'nah} and~AT {וְאֵת / wê'eyt} ALL {כָּל / kol} TREADER {רֶמֶשׂ / re'mes} the~GROUND {הָאֲדָמָה / ha'a'da'mah} to~KIND~him {לְמִינֵהוּ / lê'mi'ney'hu} and~he~will~SEE(Verb) {וַיַּרְא / wai'yar} Elohiym {אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him} GIVEN.THAT {כִּי / ki} FUNCTIONAL {טוֹב / tov}

and Elohiym made living ones of the land to her kind and the beast to her kind and all of the treaders of the ground to his kind, and Elohiym saw that it was functional,

God pronounced the creatures He had created fully functional, needing nothing. You are saying He didn't. They were animals and He had to remake them, give them something they didn't have, which would have made them less than perfect and God doesn't do half-baked. Scripture doesn't say that.

16. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,563
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Asna general rule, people tend to interpret scripture in a way that meets their personal psychological needs.

17. mmksparbud

+4,770
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Really? You see no difference between a God that comes down from His lofty place to become human and die a horrible death in order for our sins to be forgiven and that we may one day spend eternity with Him? Tell me, what other book says that?

18. mmksparbud

+4,770
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    LOL! I was re4fering to Moses---not Paul, Timothy, John or anyone else!!

19. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,262
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You have YEC (Bishop Ussher), OEC (Gerald Schroeder), GAP (Thomas Chambers) and Theistic Evolutionists like Frances Collins. I do not disagree with any of them over their fundamental beliefs. How do you explain that? Looks like a contradiction but I do not see a contradiction at all because they are not talking about the same thing. They are all talking about something different from each other. Paradoxes are a reflection of contradictory forces inherent in human nature & human existence. (Corning)

You may want to tread lightly because when you get into social evolution - anti theistic evolution starts to fall apart. My wife actually has her degree in Sociology so I maybe more prepared then you think to get into a discussion on the Jungian perspective of how 'archetypal paradox' refers to the fundamental, primordial, and contradictory forces that groups face as they struggle for increasing consciousness.

20. yeshuaslavejeff

+9,437
    Anabaptist
    Welcome to the world !
    (to find other, keep seeking)