Was Adam the FIRST Food Producer??? GENERATIONS ???

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it is past on to off-spring?
How, if not genetically?

When scripture says that the sins of the father are passed to the children, it refers to the spiritual situation of the parents, and not to the DNA. Unfortunately, all of creation has suffered from the separation of God from Adam so even creation has inherited the sentence of death. We call this "Time" which is the degradation of all matter and the eventual death of all life.
Heat death of the universe - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I*t is a fact that Jewish tradition was a patriarchal society---period. It Doesn't matter what you think about it, it is fact. The birthright never included women, only the firstborn male---one reason for that being that the Messiah was expected to be born at any time.

Which violates the law of God. Yes, I understand the implications.
I didn't write the rules:

So in everything,
do to others what you would have them do to you,
for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 7:12

So
if male birthright is not treating women equally,
then it was wrong.
By the way, one of the genealogies follows Marys line.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

If you think the "men shall rule" statement allows for inequality,
then you are reading it wrong, or it is a mistake in scripture.

So
in everything,
for this sums up
the Law and the Prophets.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No--you are adding a great deal that is counter to what the scriptures say. Nowhere does it say that God created spiritual Adam and Eve after making them wild animals.

"Wild Animals" is only one of the possible definitions. As I noted on my post.

"chayyah" can mean:

animals (2), appetite (1), beast (27), beasts (43), creature (2), creatures (3), life (9), life* (1), live* (1), living beings (15), living thing (1), wild animals (1), wild beast (1), wild beasts (1).

So while "beasts" is the most common meaning, in 27 uses it can mean:
life (9), life* (1), live* (1), living beings (15), living thing (1)

The most common use is not the final definition. It's not even the "Most Accurate" meaning becasue of it's higher frequency. Each use is unique.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Which violates the law of God. Yes, I understand the implications.
I didn't write the rules:

So in everything,
for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

So
if male birthright is not treating women equally,
then it was wrong.
By the way, one of the genealogies follows Marys line.

Like I said--that is the price of sin---"and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." You just tell God how unfair He was. It was not until after Jesus that it changed. Too bad you think God was wrong, but you will have to take it up with Him.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I said--that is the price of sin---"and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." You just tell God how unfair He was. It was not until after Jesus that it changed. Too bad you think God was wrong, but you will have to take it up with Him.
If you think the "men shall rule" statement allows for inequality,
then you are reading it wrong, or it is a mistake in scripture.

So
in everything,
for this sums up
the Law and the Prophets.

We must ignore all those who support inequality and unjust relationships.

Just this one additional verse defies your view of women:

Romans 15:1-2
We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"Wild Animals" is only one of the possible definitions. As I noted on my post.

"chayyah" can mean:

animals (2), appetite (1), beast (27), beasts (43), creature (2), creatures (3), life (9), life* (1), live* (1), living beings (15), living thing (1), wild animals (1), wild beast (1), wild beasts (1).

So while "beasts" is the most common meaning, in 27 uses it can mean:
life (9), life* (1), live* (1), living beings (15), living thing (1)

The most common use is not the final definition. It's not even the "Most Accurate" meaning becasue of it's higher frequency. Each use is unique.

Again---what God creates needs nothing. He does not create what is not fully and completely functional and He declared the living creatures functional--which means they needed nothing, certainty not in need of being recreated. He made man also fully functional--breathed life into Him --the same breath of life that was given to all living things
Gen_2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen_6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Gen_7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
Gen_7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

There was nothing God created that needed any fixing or recreation, nothing. Adam was crested in the image of God from the start. And it was on the same day as the "living creatures," on the 6th day.
Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As I said, it was written wrong, or you understand it incorrectly.
It seems to the the latter but I don't know how far the ruling
over women
goes for you. Some men leave physical scars
some emotional scars. I suggest one be stoned to death for either.
“Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

And according to Jesus, he didn't change the law. So you missed that passage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again---what God creates needs nothing.

Gen 1:24 And God said,
Let the earth
bring forth the living creature after his kind,
cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the
earth after his kind: and it was so.

I didn't write that the earth was called to produce all life.
Scripture says that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
over women

The husband is to treat his wife as Christ treats the church. Jesus sacrificed Himself for the sake of the Bride. The husband wife relationship is an example of the relationship between Christ Jesus and the Bride or the Church.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I didn't write that the earth was called to produce all life.
Scripture says that.

No---what God said was that He gave the breath of life to all living things, or they would have remained clay statues forever.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
over women

So when the plain word of God contradicts your theories, it is written wrong?!! You can not apply NT, new covenant rules to OT concepts. Bottom line, you can not read the OT and not understand that it was a patriarchal society and men ruled--period. Even in NT it was still:
Eph_5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Col_3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
1Co_11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Eph_5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

That men have taken things overboard is no exaggeration. Never the less---it is the clearly written word of God that you are in rebellion against.

1Pe_5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Submission is hard. But it was not a submission of your soul, but to authority. As servants are to submit to their masters--but all submission is only as far as it does not contradict the word of God.
We are paid by our employers to do their will---as far as that will does not contradict the will of God.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The husband is to treat his wife as Christ treats the church. Jesus sacrificed Himself for the sake of the Bride. The husband wife relationship is an example of the relationship between Christ Jesus and the Bride or the Church.

If you in all things, treat others just as you would have them to treat you, then there are no gender or positional differences between any two groups. All of the disciples struggled with this concept as did all jews. As do all forum posters. As do all converts and heathens. As do all pastors.

Ephesians 4:29-32
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 John 4:20-21
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Romans 12:10
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

1 Peter 3:8-12
Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Philippians 2:4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What Does the Bible Say About Neighbors?

Reactions: joshua 1 9
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If you in all things, treat others just as you would have them to treat you, then there are no gender or positional differences between any two groups. All of the disciples struggled with this concept as did all jews. As do all forum posters. As do all converts and heathens. As do all pastors.

Ephesians 4:29-32
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 John 4:20-21
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Romans 12:10
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

1 Peter 3:8-12
Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Philippians 2:4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

What Does the Bible Say About Neighbors?

You may disregard all the other scriptures if you wish and cling only to the ones that you like. I feel we are to subscribe to all of them, including the ones we do not like. None of the verses you posted, exclude the ones I posted. All scripture is to be taken together.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Which fallacy are you using,
or which fallacy would you like to choose instead ? (that you or others have posted all along in many threads)

You are welcome to point them out if you can spot any.

Meanwhile, good job trying to turn it around. Whatever it takes for you to not address the obvious point, I guess.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yeps.

You see no difference between a God that comes down from His lofty place to become human and die a horrible death in order for our sins to be forgiven and that we may one day spend eternity with Him? Tell me, what other book says that?

Every book says its own unique things, which is why they are different religions.

And if you would read my post with a bit more attention, you would have noticed the following bolded word: "I did read his supposed word and I didn't see any difference (in terms of believability)..."

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have YEC (Bishop Ussher), OEC (Gerald Schroeder), GAP (Thomas Chambers) and Theistic Evolutionists like Frances Collins. I do not disagree with any of them over their fundamental beliefs. How do you explain that?

The difference in "fundamental" beliefs between YEC's and the likes of Francis Collins, almost couldn't be any bigger. They are not compatible with eachother, at all.

So if you are going to say that you don't disagree with either, then that can only mean that you hold self-contradicting beliefs.

Looks like a contradiction but I do not see a contradiction at all

I know you aren't seeing it. That's kind of part of the problem with you.
It's also why any and every conversation with you about science, is extremely confusing. You'll say one thing and then follow it up with a completely different thing that contradicts the first thing.

You say you agree with Francis Collins and in the next breath you make claims that go directly against what Francis Collins says.

As so many people have been pointing out to you on numerous occasions.

You may want to tread lightly because when you get into social evolution - anti theistic evolution starts to fall apart

There's no such thing as "anti theistic evolution". Get over yourself.

My wife actually has her degree in Sociology so I maybe more prepared then you think to get into a discussion on the Jungian perspective of how 'archetypal paradox' refers to the fundamental, primordial, and contradictory forces that groups face as they struggle for increasing consciousness.

My brother is a doctor, therefor I'm qualified to diagnose cancers. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to the world !
(to find other, keep seeking)

I know it's how the world of faith-based beliefs works.

You can ask 10 physicists from all over the world, with different cultural backgrounds, different religions, etc... to describe gravity and you'll get 1 description.

Ask 10 christians to describe what their bible says on a given subject and you'll get 10 different versions.

It's a hint.

Upvote 0