Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quite. That is the problem, and this is why Paul would have said to you, "you are not one of us."
likewise..................

You should look into scripture as a mirror for your walk not to use it against others. Take the log out of your own eye before you go and take out the speck in your brothers eye.

Its the self righteousness of the Pharisees.

I don't say you are not a christian because you disagree with me, especially on the non essentials of the faith.

In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity !

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
likewise..................

You should look into scripture as a mirror for your walk not to use it against others. Take the log out of your own eye before you go and take out the speck in your brothers eye.

Its the self righteousness of the Pharisees.

I don't say you are not a christian because you disagree with me, especially on the non essentials of the faith.

In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty, In All Things Charity !
In my signature is a quote about backsliding. Now get this straight, and get it firm in your head, it is IMPOSSIBLE to backslide unless you first BELIEVE.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my signature is a quote about backsliding. Now get this straight, and get it firm in your head, it is IMPOSSIBLE to backslide unless you first BELIEVE.
nice try but OT saints were not born again. more misused and abused scriptures to support the false doctrines of men.

next................................

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
and they were not born again, no one under the law was born again.
Wrong. The text in my signature is from the Old Testament. The Israilites believed, and then they turned away from Yahweh. (Backslid)

Paul would not have been pleased.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong. The text in my signature is from the Old Testament. Paul would not have been pleased.
sorry being born again began at Pentecost,

Jesus would not be pleased with your denial of His teaching, neither would the Apostles.

next...............................

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
sorry being born again began at Pentecost,

Jesus would not be pleased with your denial of His teaching, neither would the Apostles.

next...............................
Wrong answer. People can turn from God anytime, even Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong answer. People can turn from God anytime. Adam and Eve.

You should learn what regeneration, born again, rebirth, born of the Spirt means. It happened at Pentecost, not before.

In English, the word generate means to bring into existence; cause to be; produce. Re-generate basically means again.

So, it means to bring into existence again.

paliggenesia: regeneration, renewal

Original Word: παλιγγενεσία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: paliggenesia
Phonetic Spelling: (pal-ing-ghen-es-ee'-ah)
Definition: regeneration, renewal
Usage: a new birth, regeneration, renewal. properly, the coming of new birth because "born again"; regeneration.

Thayers- παλιγγενεσία- properly, new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation . Commonly, however, the word denotes the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as the renewal or restoration of life after death.

When God created Adam, Adam was spiritually alive. When they sinned in the garden they died spiritually.

This is what it means when Paul says we were (past tense) dead in sins. We were regenerated and brought back to spiritual life (that man was originally created with).

Ephesians 2:4-5- But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions

Paul says:
(1 Corinthians 2:14 ) But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man is a spiritually dead person who is unsaved. He does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, and he cannot know them. Why? Because they are spiritually discerned.

Then in the next verse Paul says:
(1 Corinthians 2:15) But he who is spiritual judges all things . . .

The word "judges" there basically means to sift, to examine, to decide rightly.

The question is, how does a natural man who does not accept the things of the Spirit of God become spiritual so that he can sift, examine or decide rightly?

The answer is that God must sovereignly do it.

Most people think that the person must first accept Christ first, and then God will regenerate them. But this contradicts what Paul says in 1 Corinthians. 2:14 above. In order for a natural man to accept Christ, he would have to understand and accept the things of the Spirit of God. Paul says this does not and cannot happen.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In English, the word generate means to bring into existence; cause to be; produce. Re-generate basically means again.

paliggenesia: regeneration, renewal

Original Word: παλιγγενεσία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: paliggenesia
Phonetic Spelling: (pal-ing-ghen-es-ee'-ah)
Definition: regeneration, renewal
Usage: a new birth, regeneration, renewal. properly, the coming of new birth because "born again"; regeneration.

Thayers- παλιγγενεσία- properly, new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation . Commonly, however, the word denotes the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as the renewal or restoration of life after death.

When God created Adam, Adam was spiritually alive. When they sinned in the garden they died spiritually.

This is what it means when Paul says we were (past tense) dead in sins. We were regenerated and brought back to spiritual life (that man was originally created with).

Ephesians 2:4-5- But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions

Paul says:
(1 Corinthians 2:14 ) But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man is a spiritually dead person who is unsaved. He does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, and he cannot know them. Why? Because they are spiritually discerned.

Then in the next verse Paul says:
(1 Corinthians 2:15) But he who is spiritual judges all things . . .

The word "judges" there basically means to sift, to examine, to decide rightly.

The question is, how does a natural man who does not accept the things of the Spirit of God become spiritual so that he can sift, examine or decide rightly?

The answer is that God must sovereignly do it.

Most people think that the person must first accept Christ first, and then God will regenerate them. But this contradicts what Paul says in 1 Corinthians. 2:14 above. In order for a natural man to accept Christ, he would have to understand and accept the things of the Spirit of God. Paul says this does not and cannot happen.

hope this helps !!!
O' come on, this is just getting silly.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe your hackles are up because I pointed out your Calvinism today :doh:
Like I said I do not fit into a box, label or ism.

I'm a bible believing christian who believes Gods infallible word.

I believe God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and that they are not each other.

I believe in the Deity of Christ , that He is fully God and fully man. I believe the Incarnation was permanent.

I believe in the Gospel and at its heart is the bodily Resurrection of Jesus. That He is still a man with a glorified human body which still retains the marks from His crucifixion as per His testimony in Luke 24:39.

I believe we are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone for our salvation and works are a result of our salvation, not a means to salvation.

I believe Salvation is of the Lord and not by mans will or decision as per John 1:13 and many other scriptures.

I believe in Eternal Life that Jesus gives to His sheep and that we are secure in Him as no one can snatch one from His hands or the Fathers hands.

I believe in the 2nd Coming of Christ and as His bride we are to look forward to our marriage supper of the Lamb with Him as our Bridegroom. This hope we have has a purifying effect in our life to be ready for Him at all times for He comes as a thief in the night when you least expect it. We like the 5 good virgins are to have our lambs ready and full of oil as we live in purity like a virgin who awaits her wedding day.

I believe in the Resurrection of the living and the dead and that all men will give an account for their lives and the deeds they have done. I believe in heaven and hell/lake of fire and that all men will spend an eternity in one of those 2 places with a conscious existence that never ends.

That is what I believe in a nutshell.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Like I said I do not fit into a box, label or ism.

I'm a bible believing christian who believes Gods infallible word.

I believe God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and that they are not each other.

I believe in the Deity of Christ , that He is fully God and fully man. I believe the Incarnation was permanent.

I believe in the Gospel and at its heart is the bodily Resurrection of Jesus. That He is still a man with a glorified human body which still retains the marks from His crucifixion as per His testimony in Luke 24:39.

I believe we are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone for our salvation and works are a result of our salvation, not a means to salvation.

I believe Salvation is of the Lord and not by mans will or decision as per John 1:13 and many other scriptures.

I believe in Eternal Life that Jesus gives to His sheep and that we are secure in Him as no one can snatch one from His hands or the Fathers hands.

I believe in the 2nd Coming of Christ and as His bride we are to look forward to our marriage supper of the Lamb with Him as our Bridegroom. This hope we have has a purifying effect in our life to be ready for Him at all times for He comes as a thief in the night when you least expect it. We like the 5 good virgins are to have our lambs ready and full of oil as we live in purity like a virgin who awaits her wedding day.

I believe in the Resurrection of the living and the dead and that all men will give an account for their lives and the deeds they have done. I believe in heaven and hell/lake of fire and that all men will spend an eternity in one of those 2 places with a conscious existence that never ends.

That is what I believe in a nutshell.

hope this helps !!!

I don`t think any of that is relevant to the conversation we might have had. I`m disappointed, myself I
headbutt everthing dead on. I never dance or run.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don`t think any of that is relevant to the conversation we might have had. I`m disappointed, myself I
headbutt everthing dead on. I never dance or run.
So what I said I believe you oppose in my last post ?

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe your hackles are up because I pointed out your Calvinism today :doh:
Or maybe its not calvinism per say but it is that I believe God is Sovereign over His creation and as per Romans 9 and He can do as He please and the Potter over the clay, That there are vessels of destruction and vessels for His Glory.

So maybe you issue is with God not calvin,augustine or any reformer Rick.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So what I said I believe you oppose in my last post ?

At this point you are living up to your critics. I said it was all irrelevant to the idea that God forces the Holy Ghost on people who haven`t repented.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Or maybe its not calvinism per say but it is that I believe God is Sovereign over His creation and as per Romans 9 and He can do as He please and the Potter over the clay, That there are vessels of destruction and vessels for His Glory.

So maybe you issue is with God not calvin,augustine or any reformer Rick.

My issue is with the belief that God forces the Holy Ghost on people who haven`t repented, who don`t believe, and aren`t seeking.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My issue is with the belief that God forces the Holy Ghost on people who haven`t repented, who don`t believe, and aren`t seeking.
how can one dead in sin who hates God and loves sin, a slave to sin choose God since they are in bondage to sin ?

Man by nature is deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9),
Man is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23)
Man loves darkness (John 3:19),
Man does not seek for God (Romans 3:10-12),
Man is ungodly (Romans 5:6),
Man is dead in his sins (Ephesians 2:1),
Man by nature is a child of wrath (Ephesians 2:3),
Man cannot understand spiritual things (1 Corinthians 2:14),
Man is a slave of sin (Romans 6:16-20)
Man is sinful at birth, sinful from the time of conception (Psalms 51:5)
Man is like a filthy rag his garments stained by sin and is unrighteous ( Isaiah 64:6)
Man is hostile towards God and cannot submit to Him or His law ( Romans 8:7)
Man cannot do good and is completely incapable of such an act ( Romans 3:12)
Man is not born with faith so everything is done in sin ( Romans 14:23)
Man has not one single thing that is good in him ( Romans 7:18)
Man is born condemned ( John 3:18)

Upvote 0