Vaccinated for Covid?

Have you been vaccinated with at least one dose of the Covid vaccines?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was a participant in the Pfizer vaccine clinical trial. I got both injections last summer. The study was placebo controlled and double blinded. So I didn’t know for sure if I received the vaccine, or 2 shots of saline. But my arm got sore several hours after the injections. Which would be very unlikely if I got the placebo.

I think having any fluid shoved deep into muscle tissue will result in temporary soreness at the site.

I’m still a participant in the trial, which lasts for 2 years. Once a week, I report on a phone app if I have any COVID symptoms. And obviously, if I should be diagnosed with Covid, I need to report that ASAP. I also go in for periodic blood tests to determine if I’m making antibodies, and at what titers. This data hasn’t yet been released. And as study subjects, we are compensated. Pfizer pays us $5 for each weekly phone report, and $119 for each blood draw. I’ll also volunteer if subjects are needed for booster vaccine trials. Given the variant SARS-Cov-2 strains which have appeared, this may be necessary.

They haven't told you if you've produced antibodies from the vaccines?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think having any fluid shoved deep into muscle tissue will result in temporary soreness at the site.

Unless one is very sensitive, the injection should not be terribly painful. The volume is fairly small. The standard 30 mcg dose of the Pfizer vaccine, is 0.3 ml, diluted with 1.8 ml of saline. For a total volume of 2.1 ml. That’s less than half a teaspoon. It’s quite unlikely that amount of pure saline (assuming one received the placebo) would cause any significant discomfort. And in my case, the soreness didn’t start until several hours after the injection. Saline is inert and is rapidly absorbed from the tissues. It would be extraordinarily unlikely that injection of 2.1 ml of a saline placebo would cause any pain in that timeframe.

They haven't told you if you've produced antibodies from the vaccines?

Nope. It’s obviously crucial information, but I’m still in the dark. My next blood test is this Aug. I’ll try to find out.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless one is very sensitive, the injection should not be terribly painful.

We're not talking about "terribly painful" or "significant discomfort."

Now, something that hurt quite a bit was the cocktail they injected us with in Air Force basic using the high-pressure gun. That raised a welt on my arm the size of a half walnut shell. The medic didn't get the gun motionless against the arm of the guy behind me--it was still moving slightly when he pulled the trigger. The gun ripped that guy's arm open and squirted the man behind him in the chest.

Nope. It’s obviously crucial information, but I’m still in the dark. My next blood test is this Aug. I’ll try to find out.

Troubling. I hope you can find out.

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The standard 30 mcg dose of the Pfizer vaccine, is 0.3 ml, diluted with 1.8 ml of saline. For a total volume of 2.1 ml.
No, the final volume injected is 0.3ml. The dilutions occur prior to injection, to make up multiple doses from one vial. I watched very carefully, and the nurse also noted the volume on my international certificate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The medic didn't get the gun motionless against the arm of the guy behind me--it was still moving slightly when he pulled the trigger. The gun ripped that guy's arm open

Ouch. Did he at least get a Purple Heart? :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, the final volume injected is 0.3ml. The dilutions occur prior to injection, to make up multiple doses from one via. I watched very carefully, and the nurse also noted the volume on my international certificate.

I posted what I was as told in the trial. Either I misunderstood, or was misinformed. But a saline placebo injection of that small—or even a larger volume— wouldn’t cause your arm to get sore several hours after receiving the shot.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No and I won't be. I do not want it. I don't trust anything free from the government. Sorry, but I don't have to get it.
Is your only objective because you don’t have to pay for it?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you been vaccinated with at least one dose of the Covid vaccines? If yes, indicate your age group, when you were vaccinated and your general experience (process, symptoms, etc.)

Yes, I recieved my first shot on Friday, April 2... I felt slightly tired for 3 hours, and on the second day, just slight soreness in my shoulder.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Orlando recently started vaccinating people 40 and older, so we went through the tedious process of securing a vaccine appointment. Yesterday I was vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine. I have no side effects except feeling a little tired.

I wanted to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine initially and be done with it in one shot, but the only place locally offering it was overwhelmed by demand.
Interesting, over here in Hillsborough the process is very simple, especially if you use a WalMart or Publix pharmacy. You just sign up online, both my wife and I were able to get appointments the following week during our lunch breaks. She received the Moderna, I will have the J&J this week.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've had my first shot of Moderna. I will receive the 2nd shot April 16th, and am preparing for a bit of a reaction. Almost everyone I know has had a reaction. I look forward to it because I know it means my immune system is doing its job. For me, it's a small price to pay to finally not have to worry if I might get someone else sick who could succumb. I care for an elderly couple, they have had their shots, so it's looking good.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it is just the most obvious red flag.
If it gives you any comfort, it is not really "free". Our taxes and payments into the "system" pay for it. Similar to other seemingly "free" things in our country that the government "pays" for: roads, the military, many infrastructure projects, national parks, the Smithsonian, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it is just the most obvious red flag.
Well it’s your choice to get it or not but government funded ensures no one will be denied the vaccine because they couldn’t pay for it.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, over here in Hillsborough the process is very simple, especially if you use a WalMart or Publix pharmacy. You just sign up online, both my wife and I were able to get appointments the following week during our lunch breaks. She received the Moderna, I will have the J&J this week.
In NJ signing up is still a challenge. During most of the day the pharmacies have no free appointments. The State will put you on a waiting list, and get you an appointment when it's your turn. The system worked well for me, but there was about 2 months delay. It wouldn't be as long now.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I've had my first shot of Moderna. I will receive the 2nd shot April 16th, and am preparing for a bit of a reaction. Almost everyone I know has had a reaction. I look forward to it because I know it means my immune system is doing its job. For me, it's a small price to pay to finally not have to worry if I might get someone else sick who could succumb. I care for an elderly couple, they have had their shots, so it's looking good.

The most common reaction among people I know seems to be fatigue. The next day I ended up having to take a nap, and I had more joint pain and fibromyalgia symptoms. It wasn't really like a flu vaccine. I don't recall getting so tired from flu vaccines.

But, it went away in a day or two after that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If it gives you any comfort, it is not really "free". Our taxes and payments into the "system" pay for it. Similar to other seemingly "free" things in our country that the government "pays" for: roads, the military, many infrastructure projects, national parks, the Smithsonian, etc.
Oh like all the immigrants at the border?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.