Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Universal health care is a no-brainer. It's effective and affordable.

The US has one of best health care systems in the world. But it costs much more than it needs to and is inaccessible to too many.

And even within the US, studies have shown that not-for-profit care is of better quality than care in profit-making institutions.

Americans are paying too much for too little.

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I saw in newspaper yesterday, CMA wants private sector in Canada's health industry.

They were complaining and issuing about USA have been saying, "long waiting time and delay of necessary medical help"

Critics have pointed out against their argument saying, "private sector will cause conflict with public sector of health industry"

In my point of view, I agree with the critics.
If doctors (about 60,000 physicians who have members of CMA), 60,000, go private, that will leave thousands without affordable health care.
If 60,000 physicians go private, that means thousands will be moving towards publicly funded doctors.
Yes, 60,000 doctors WILL get patients who have health insurance with faster delivery of server without waiting time.
Why?
Thousands won't be going to them simply because they don't have health care coverage by private insurance companies.
That leaves "elite" people to get health care.

I'm not against private sector, after all. Businesses such as car insurance, chocolate companies, food companies, etc. They all can have their profits and I don't care.
But health care is touchy issue.
Everyone deserves NOT affordable health care but A MUST health care.
That's why, after all, Canadians live longer than Americans :p

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
I saw in newspaper yesterday, CMA wants private sector in Canada's health industry.

Yes, and the next day the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario issued a statement strongly opposing the CMA statement.
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/07/31/nurses-privatehealth.html

In my point of view, I agree with the critics.

The critics are absolutely right. A decade ago our church (The Presbyterian Church in Canada) commissioned a study on health care as a basis for making a public statement on health care. I was personally involved in doing some of the research.

We reviewed the matter again just a few years ago in order to speak knowledgeably to the Royal Commission on the Future of Health Care, this time in co-operation with other Canadian churches.

There is no debate in the studies. Every single one shows that the introduction of private care into a public system increases the cost of health care to both the individual and to the government while making it less accessible to the general public. In spite of this, the private health care is often of lower quality than the publicly-supported health care. The CMA recommendations fly in the face of empirical experience.

But health care is touchy issue.
Everyone deserves NOT affordable health care but A MUST health care.

It is not even a question of what people deserve. We should not be discussing what people deserve.

Health care is a fundamental human right. People have a right to accessible, affordable health care even if they don't deserve it.

God has set the example for us. He gives what is necessary to life to all who live, whether or not they deserve it. We should do likewise. (Matthew 5:45)

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"sniff"
Universal Health care is overwhelming..yet
I guess Christians "want" universal health care.

EDIT:
Just a quick question.
How should government fund universal health care?
I heard South Korea (such a small country) achieved it in only 12!! years.
It broke with 1994 financial crisis and I heard it will never restore itself due to so much lobbyists money from "International Pharmaceutical Comapnies"
(We all know what it is)

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
There is no universal right to have someone else pay for your doctor. There is only a basic human right to have the right to earn money and pay for care yourself.

You disagree with the majority of the world that does acknowledge the universal right to health care as a necessary consequence of the human right to life. Health care is as necessary to life as food and drink. Anyone who has the right to live (and that is everyone) has a right to health care.

The universal right to health care is acknowledged in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in many national and international human rights codes.

t is un-Christian to force others to pay for your care. Stealing?! Just another ploy to ruin good private care.

Legitimate taxation is sanctioned by scripture and is not theft. A democratic decision to fund health care through taxation is not theft. We fund many things through taxation that some people find questionable. e.g. some people are not happy that their taxes fund military action; others are not happy that their taxes fund corporate subsidies. But no one considers these government expenses to be theft. There is no more reason why tax-funded health care should be considered theft than tax-funded schools or tax-funded highways.

Good private care is not destroyed through the provision of public care. Many private health care institutions continue to function where public health care is also provided.

But good private health care that does not reach people is not helpful to them when they need it. Public systems have proven to be just as (actually even more) efficient and cost-effective as private care and they reach everybody.

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Argue with me, everyone.
This is what Jesus DO, not WOULD do.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sick comes to Jesus, believes he can heal, and Jesus heals him/her.
FREE OF CHARGE

Sick comes to Doctor, believes he can heal, AT CHARGE.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Something is grossly wrong about that picture.

Upvote 0