• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unity and abortion

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by W2L, Nov 30, 2017.

1. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+8,734
    Christian
    Private
    We dont have the right to play God and say who lives and who dies.

2. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,326
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    What I'm saying is Jesus is the way to unite Christians period. Unity in sharing faith and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. Anyone who believes that unity is going to come from some sort of political agenda is very mistaken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Ancient of Days

Ancient of Days Well-Known Member Supporter

+709
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Obama would severely disagree with you since he is a firm believer in Eugenics.
    How come all the people who are for abortion only want to take the life of someone else? Wouldn't it be ironic if all the people that were for abortion just took their own lives?
    Heh, problem solved...

4. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+8,734
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks for the re.

5. SolomonVII

SolomonVII Well-Known Member

+4,427
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Whatsoever you do to the least of my brother, that you do unto me.
    . Jesus, circa 30 AD.

6. SBC

SBC Well-Known Member

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Scriptural reference of abortion practice?

God Bless,
    SBC

7. Paul of Eugene OR

Paul of Eugene OR Finally Old Enough Supporter

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    Indeed, why don't the opponents of abortion come up with scripture that opposes abortion? Its not there. The only verses they can cite can only be interpreted as anti-abortion by inserting the assumption they apply.

8. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+819
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    It's never too late to abort you, then, is it? You're playing with definitions. You couldn't rewrite the scripture, so you slice off a segment of murder and call it by a different name, because that's the kind of murder that would never make you its victim.

Does the Bible have anything to say against geoiconoflagellation (the slapping of people who use pictures of the Earth as their avatar)? Give me your scripture.

9. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    See? You insist abortion is murder and then use anti-murder verses. But where is your scriptural justification for saying abortion is murder? That you don't have.

10. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+8,734
    Christian
    Private
    They dont need a scripture. God writes His law on our hearts and minds. The law of love. When you get love inside you will become more charitable and loving. You will not want to abort your child and if you do you will most likely regret it for the rest of your life.

11. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    Acts 23:2-3 The high priest Ananias commanded those standing beside him to strike him on the mouth. Then Paul said to him, "God is going to strike you, you whitewashed wall! Do you sit to try me according to the Law, and in violation of the Law order me to be struck?"
    NASU

12. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    And you will become more charitable and loving to those who feel driven to abort their child, not condemning them for that.

13. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+8,734
    Christian
    Private
    Im not trying to condemn anyone. We are all sinners. Why would you think i am condemning anyone? Or were you speaking in general?

14. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    In general. We need to do less condemning. And we need to remember, disagreeing does not necessarily mean condemning.

15. SBC

SBC Well-Known Member

+573
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Deflection ~

You made a claim.

Twice I asked you to scripturally support your claim. You haven't.
    Why should I consider your question?

God Bless,
    SBC

16. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,782
    Baptist
    Married
    I made a claim that something is NOT in scripture, and you demand I quote scripture to prove it. You are making no sense.

17. SolomonVII

+4,427
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Greens
    The scriptural justification comes from the fact that the unborn are people, fully human.
    It is a scientific fact.

The Bible talks about people in the womb.

For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.

18. Brotherly Spirit

Brotherly Spirit Well-Known Member Supporter

+459
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Similar to interpretations of scriptures, people perceive politics differently. Usually this tends to cause misunderstood differences and furthers opposing beliefs/opinions against each other. It's unfair to both sides assuming the worse and judging them.

As for Christians who're conservative, it's not their opposed to caring for women and children (whoever else); but believe politically it's not the governments role and does more to impose it's will than solve the problem. Also considered apart of it is natural motivation, that too much dependency causes a lack of effort to do for yourself what's possible; people should be thankful and not envious, while people should be charitable and not greedy. It's somewhat a form of conservative secularism and individualism; the government has it's role, the church has it's role, and the people have their role.

Progressive Christians have a different political perspective, their own beliefs/opinions about the roles of the government, the church, and the people. They're less willing to leave it to society to handle it themselves, that the people are either less capable or circumstances more difficult than thought. While they'd rather not for example support the legality of abortion; not much can be done to address the underlying problems causing it by fully opposing it. Worse would force it underground, continuing to have harm done; not only to unborn babies but mothers too. So it's another perspective of consideration about natural motivations; what people would inevitable do and the harm it would cause if dependent upon other questionable choices.

Only way to start uniting politically on any issue is first bridge the gap of perspectives. Somehow finding common ground of the concerns and circumstances of the problem to have an agreeable solution for most.

19. SolomonVII

+4,427
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Greens
    First step to unity is to agree that the abortion of a third of each generation is horrifying to contemplate.

20. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,175
    Methodist
    [​IMG]

How "self-righteous" of the ProLife advocates to lecture the rest of us as to the sanctity of human life, only to choose to remain silent sitting on their "collective hands," when this Republican President and Congress, that they helped elect, recently allowed funding for the Children's Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) for 9 million of America's most vulnerable children to lapse!

Actions speak louder than words, despite all the rhetoric to the contrary by the ProLife supporters for expectant mothers to continue with a full term pregnancy, you're literally on your own once that baby is born - don't expect any support in America if you're poor or have a special needs child!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017