Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Original post was about unity politically against abortion.

Hard to be united with Christians who lie about conservatives not giving a hoot about life once it leaves the womb. Such lies make clear that they have no concern for the unborn whatsoever.

I'm just saying realistically it'll never be banned and that only wouldn't solve the underlying problems causing it. So from a political and practical perspective it would require other efforts related to the issue. A political compromise aimed at reducing abortions, while a ban isn't possible. If there's a lack of support for those efforts, then yes, politically nothing can be done, except other efforts separately.

I don’t know what is realistic. I would never have dreamed in a thousand years that the USSR would crumble until it did.

And it has not been established whatsoever what the the underlying problems causing abortion are. Very likely they are much more spiritual in nature than economic.

I agree Christianity isn't about politics, it does have life values and principles. If we participate politically they're helpful to guide us. Clearly the government isn't the church, but it's there deciding the rules under which we're allowed to live. So even as a Christian I can't be oppositional to it as I live my life; I need a government that represents me too as it does others.

My main point is that until I hear people arguing against me state unequivocally that they see abortion as wrong, and the destruction of a third of each generation through abortion as horrifying, I don’t think that their Christianity and mine have anything to do with each other. At this point, I would need to hear those values stated.

Personally I belief Christianity is first about accepting Christ in your life; following his footsteps to God, changing our selfish ways. Then as we're changed to show ourselves in his glory, as an example for others to follow. A spiritual journey that's personal and shared with others.

That is nice. Ir doesn’t really say anything about where you stand on abortion though. A lot of people accepting Christ in their life think that it means accepting abortion as a good choice for us to make.

• Agree
Reactions: MoonlessNight
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hard to be united with Christians who lie about conservatives not giving a hoot about life once it leaves the womb. Such lies make clear that they have no concern for the unborn whatsoever.

They don't understand why political conservatives care enough to ban abortion without exception; but aren't as willing for borne children. So from their perspective it seems doubtful efforts are genuinely about caring for children. Also they belief it's a complicated issue, not only caring for the child but the mother; not only when the child is unborn but borne.

Others who belief, it's simply about the issue of abortion. That the act is isolated to ending human life which starts at conception, it's wrong regardless of development and circumstances. A different perspective of seeing compromise as supporting what's always and clearly is murder.

More than ever I agree it's difficult. Having extreme opposing perspectives and believing something must be done, causes us to wrongful accuse others who disagree and oppose.

I don’t know what is realistic. I would never have dreamed in a thousand years that the USSR would crumble until it did.

Too young to know that feel, I was two years old when it happened. But hopefully nothing as drastic happens to the U.S.A. Except I do know it with President Trump, I guess something drastic did happen.

And it has not been established whatsoever what the the underlying problems causing abortion are. Very likely they are much more spiritual in nature than economic.

Underlying problems are socioeconomic, prominent examples from each side are the decline of families and working class. Even if people want to have families, they can't afford it; or if they could, people don't want to have families. It's about culture and security, not having an environment that promotes the value of family and lives it affects (including children,unborn or born).

Additionally I agree people personally have spiritual struggles leading them astray. If more people got their lives in order, society would have less problems such as abortion.

My main point is that until I hear people arguing against me state unequivocally that they see abortion as wrong, and the destruction of a third of each generation through abortion as horrifying, I don’t think that their Christianity and mine have anything to do with each other. At this point, I would need to hear those values stated.

That is nice. Ir doesn’t really say anything about where you stand on abortion though. A lot of people accepting Christ in their life think that it means accepting abortion as a good choice for us to make.

Personally I belief human life begins at conception. It's wrong to selfishly and conveniently take unborn lives. But I'm hesitant to judge it by my beliefs politically, it's necessary to have factual reasons to interfere in personal decisions. Nothing is more personal than a mother pregnant with a child. Certain cases it's more obvious what should be done and others less so. An example would be late term abortions, whether there should be an exception to save the mothers life or if any severe threat to mother's health. As a person I'm more with you when it comes to the issue, but as a voter it's more complicated and I lean toward moderation.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
2fc99253d40f51313b7627626d2b39ae.jpg

I like Gods welfare plan the best, "that if any would not work, neither should he eat". There is no incentive for people to work or try and make it on their own if the govt. sends them a check every month. Capiche?

Does that explain why the major beneficiaries of the Republican tax bill, with its $1.5 trillion deficit financed with borrowed money, are not the poor but America's largest corporations and wealthiest individuals!

Heaven forbid that we spend a dollar more than necessary on what "The Donald" would refer to as society's "losers" - how Christian of us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
financed with borrowed money, benefits the wealthiest Americans?

Seems to me all the laws and proceedures and policies of the so-called "American" government have all been in that direction since close to 1902. Maybe much earlier, maybe later a little.

All the activities of the 'system'/ business, corporate, religious/ medical/ banking/ social/ educational/ all have been moving the same direction over all,
NO MATTER what party (so-called)...

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's so hard to determine whether slaughtering innocent children is right or wrong.

Is it really fair to be so judgmental on this topic?
As long as people still honestly believe that an unborn fetus is the moral equivalent of a booger, then it is legitimate enough to consider other factors, I suppose.
Once the decision has been made that unborn life is human being, it is enough to make God vomit at the tepid equivocations being made for all these 'mitigating' factors.

• Agree
Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
unborn life is human being, it is enough to make God vomit at the tepid equivocations being made for all these 'mitigating' factors.
Amen.
I actually didn't pay attention to what section this thread was/is in before this morning.

Anything "pro-kill" is always going to deny YHWH'S WORD, as this thread continually does ,
as
a "cover" to protect someone's sinfulness, apparently, and not even a valid question. Just pure deceitfulness.
The LIGHT came into the world, and the world hates the LIGHT because murder is evil, and the world loves its own. (protects its own, trying to drag everyone down with it).

Upvote 0