UFOs: What do Christians say about aliens - What does the Bible say?

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the Bible says anything about this. So, it's all speculation.
It doesn't, but the Bible does say plenty about Jesus Christ. Such as that He died once for us and will not die again. As such, if there are aliens out there that need saving it won't be Jesus saving them by dying for them. So :
1) either God has another method or
2) they can't be saved or
3) they don't exist

Apart form the fact that when God fulfills His plan for us they're worlds get destroyed to make the new heaven and earth - So it happens on our schedule which could be inconvenient for them

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you want to say that satan, angels etc are physical aliens from other planets, then I cannot agree. .

The Bible describes them with wings, with eyes with feet and hands and arms and swords and having location. All of these descriptions are physical attributes... The Bible says there are good ones and bad ones and they don't physically originate from Earth but rather from some other physical location (which is how "location" works)

Those Bible details are hard for me to ignore.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I look at it like this. If there are alien beings on other planets, they were obviously created by God

True. Which means that like the Angels and like Adam and Eve - they had choices to make.

Many of the angels in heaven chose not to sin. Just as the planets (except for this one) chose not to sin.

I also believe they would be similar in form, with some differences relating to their environment. Remember, man was formed from the dust of the earth, and any alien would be formed from the dust/substance of their world. And in some way we'd both reflect the image of God. This also means... they would equally be as capable, or perhaps predisposed to being evil, as we are.

Adam and Eve were predisposed to good , not to evil. God created them without any defect. Just as He created the Angels without any defect.

Daniel saw some of them as we see in Dan 7,
John saw some of them as we see in Rev 4 and 5.
Moses saw some of them as we see in Job 1 and Job 2.

And someone in more recent centuries saw some of them as we see here -

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

"The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, “We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by disobedience, like those on the earth.” Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city. The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, “None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall.” Then I was taken to a world which had seven moons. There I saw good old Enoch, who had been translated. On his right arm he bore a glorious palm, and on each leaf was written “Victory.” Around his head was a dazzling white wreath, and leaves on the wreath, and in the middle of each leaf was written “Purity,” and around the wreath were stones of various colors, that shone brighter than the stars, and cast a reflection upon the letters and magnified them. On the back part of his head was a bow that confined the wreath, and upon the bow was written “Holiness.” Above the wreath was a lovely crown that shone brighter than the sun. I asked him if this was the place he was taken to from the earth. He said, “It is not; the city is my home, and I have come to visit this place.” He moved about the place as if perfectly at home. I begged of my attending angel to let me remain in that place. I could not bear the thought of coming back to this dark world again. Then the angel said, “You must go back, and if you are faithful, you, with the 144,000, shall have the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of God.” E.W. "God's Love for His People" p39.3

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True. Which means that like the Angels and like Adam and Eve - they had choices to make.

I agree. All sentient beings have a choice to make. Amen.

Many of the angels in heaven chose not to sin. Just as the planets (except for this one) chose not to sin.

I believe it is possible that an alien race didn't fall as human kind has. However, I think it is equally possible that they did, which could be very very bad for us should our civilizations encounter one another.

Adam and Eve were predisposed to good , not to evil. God created them without any defect. Just as He created the Angels without any defect.

Perhaps I should clarify. My statement was...

"This also means... they would equally be as capable, or perhaps predisposed to being evil, as we are."

What I meant is, they would be as "capable" of evil, if not fallen and predisposed to evil, as humankind is.

I look at it like this... we encountered civilizations here on earth we didn't know about when we began exploring the Americas. We, the invaders, were far more advanced and leveled nearly all opposition. Not to mention, smallpox and our diseases wiped them out by the millions. Alien civilizations might very well exist... and the last thing we might want to do is invite a large scale encounter with them.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe it is possible that an alien race didn't fall as human kind has. However, I think it is equally possible that they did, which could be very very bad for us should our civilizations encounter one another.

• Well we know some of them fell - because we know that 1/3 of the angels fell.
  • We know that the ones that fell- came here - because Rev 12 and Job 1 (and Rom 5) tell us that.
  • We know that God took charge even in that very bad situation and has not allowed evil angels to "Take over the place" as even Satan admits in Job 1.
So that tells us that while your conclusion is correct - all things considered - as to what would happen if God did not step in and interrupt the encounter. The Bible tells us that He did do that very thing instead of letting it go to its natural conclusion

I look at it like this... we encountered civilizations here on earth we didn't know about when we began exploring the Americas. We, the invaders, were far more advanced and leveled nearly all opposition. Not to mention, smallpox and our diseases wiped them out by the millions. Alien civilizations might very well exist... and the last thing we might want to do is invite a large scale encounter with them.

Agreed that something bad would happen. The Bible describes angels as a more capable, more advanced race of sentient life - than humanity and when you read about their power and wisdom in the Bible it is clear that the 2 humans in Eden, or the 8 humans at the end of the flood - or tiny-humanity at any point along the way - was always "easy pickings" for them. God did not allow a total take over.

So what we have is the supernatural element that God adds - changing the balance of power (on a planet already invaded by evil angels).

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
  • Well we know some of them fell - because we know that 1/3 of the angels fell.
  • We know that the ones that fell- came here - because Rev 12 and Job 1 (and Rom 5) tell us that.
  • We know that God took charge even in that very bad situation and has not allowed evil angels to "Take over the place" as even Satan admits in Job 1.
So that tells us that while your conclusion is correct - all things considered - as to what would happen if God did not step in and interrupt the encounter. The Bible tells us that He did do that very thing instead of letting it go to its natural conclusion

Agreed that something bad would happen. The Bible describes angels as a more capable, more advanced race of sentient life - than humanity and when you read about their power and wisdom in the Bible it is clear that the 2 humans in Eden, or the 8 humans at the end of the flood - or tiny-humanity at any point along the way - was always "easy pickings" for them. God did not allow a total take over.

So what we have is the supernatural element that God adds - changing the balance of power (on a planet already invaded by evil angels).

You said,

Well we know some of them fell - because we know that 1/3 of the angels fell.

Are you equating alien civilizations with angels?

I believe angels are an entirely different form of being created by God in Heaven before the Creation was created. Alien would simply life forms created on other planets as a part of the Creation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you equating alien civilizations with angels?

I believe angels are an entirely different form of being created by God in Heaven before the Creation was created. Alien would simply life forms created on other planets as a part of the Creation.

Angels are not God - they are sentient life created by God and are not from earth. That is all I need for the term "alien life - sentient life outside of earth".

And they address the issue of sentient life , not from the earth, that is fallen. That came here - that has already invaded Earth, that is more advanced than we are.

I know some people like to think of them as not part of the created universe - but I don't see how such speculation is logical given what we know about both the Universe from science and the angels from the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Angels are not God - they are sentient life created by God and are not from earth. That is all I need for the term "alien life - sentient life outside of earth".

And they address the issue of sentient life , not from the earth, that is fallen. That came here - that has already invaded Earth, that is more advanced than we are.

I know some people like to think of them as not part of the created universe - but I don't see how such speculation is logical given what we know about both the Universe from science and the angels from the Bible.

So, you believe what we call "alien life" to be angelic beings?

Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the article below -- Angels are listed as a class of alien life... intelligent life that is not God and that did not originate from Earth
If these are alien beings from another world why do they fly around teasing us about their existence but strangely not willing to sit down, talk and develop a relationship with us? Why is it that they and their craft seem to blink in and out of existence? Giving credence to the theory that demonic beings can change their appearance but cannot maintain this transformation indefinitely?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If these are alien beings from another world why do they fly around teasing us about their existence but strangely not willing to sit down, talk and develop a relationship with us? Why is it that they and their craft seem to blink in and out of existence?

The Bible says evil angels have a false-story-telling-agenda as we see in Genesis 3.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So, you believe what we call "alien life" to be angelic beings?

Yes and no.

Yes - I believe the "story line" that is being promoted by the false-alien sightings are in fact evil angels telling mankind "a story". (a story for humans to swallow)

But "no" I don't believe that all sentient life in the universe is merely angels - Heb 11 says "God created the WORLDS" not just "this one World". The equivalent our "Adam" shows up for each one of those other worlds in Job 1 when all the sons of God gather and Lucifer/satan is there representing Earth.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes and no.
But "no" I don't believe that all sentient life in the universe is merely angels - Heb 11 says "God created the WORLDS" not just "this one World". The equivalent our "Adam" shows up for each one of those other worlds in Job 1 when all the sons of God gather and Lucifer/satan is there representing Earth.
Well by saying worlds it follows that it also means galaxies, and solar systems as you need them to have other planets. However i hope you do note that the bible stops short of saying "God created the worlds and then He created life on them".

Thats the key bit, we know there are are many worlds out there (planets) but what about life?? So far none and the bible (since you are being literal) only says worlds (planets) but says nothing about life being created on them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
However i hope you do note that the bible stops short of saying "God created the worlds and then He created life on them".

In the Bible there is no such thing as a world with no beings on it. Stars etc yes - but when it uses the "World" term it means a place with beings on it. No exceptions.

Even we today have a similar distinction between a planet and a home "World".

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Bible there is no such thing as a world with no beings on it. Stars etc yes - but when it uses the "World" term it means a place with beings on it. No exceptions.

You are just assuming that and not even recognizing that you are assuming it. Not a good way to back up an argument or pov. Also in your reply you had to preface worlds with 'home' so even that acknowledges the point i made.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟914,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:

That is merely a fact. It can be easily tested by finding one single reference to some world that is not inhabited in the Bible. The Bible mentions no such thing.

You are just assuming that

Actually that is not true since I offer the obvious test of that stated fact.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is merely a fact. It can be easily tested by finding one single reference to some world that is not inhabited in the Bible. The Bible mentions no such thing. Actually that is not true since I offer the obvious test of that stated fact.
Well, Venus, Mars, Jupiter etc are all worlds, none of which have any life. You are clutching at straws & you must be the only person in the world (ie earth) that holds the opinions you espouse regarding worlds, aliens & spiritual beings, founded on assumptions no one else makes.

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the article below -- Angels are listed as a class of alien life... intelligent life that is not God and that did not originate from Earth

What Can the Bible Tell Us about Mysteries Like Aliens and UFOs?.

Here is a Baptist news webite looking at the same question
With all this talk of UFOs, what's a Christian to think? – Baptist News Global

from that website

"Thus, Christians are once again having conversations about what it would mean for Christian theology if we receive confirmation of alien life beyond earth. Obama even speculated this week that “new religions would pop up."​

Heb 1 says God created "the world" through Christ.
He created it and all life on it - in 7 days according to Gen 2:1-3 and Ex 20:11
Heb 11:1-3 says He "created the WORLDS"

From the Bible it appears that only this world fell into sin. So whatever sentient life is how there - it is not composed of sinners and therefore is not harmful, which means it is not separated from God the Creator -- according to the Bible.

On the other hand both Matt 24 and Rev 13 - along with 2 Thess 2 tell us that Satan deceives the entire world at the end - by amazing signs and wonders. And Satan is most certainly an alien that is "hostile"
If they do exist and eventually appear they will most defiantly be fallen angels. At least two Christian ministry’s speak about this and the encounters through out history. The government has been involved at least since the 1940s. You are aware of the alleged encounter and treaty President Eisenhower made with these creatures?

Dr. Tom Horn, a Christian minister has written on the topic, as well as documentaries, and another Pastoral family, Justen and Wes Faulk, made the documentary Higher Entities.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0