Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry , I thought you had enough knowledge of history to figure out where the quote you started your post is from.

Peace for our time - Wikipedia

My bad.

So your NAZI gun control argument link was all about Neville Chamberlin was it? When did either Neville or I ever use the argument, that you implied I was relying on in my post, that we need guns because guns would have prevented NAZIs from coming to power? I mentioned the right of the people to secure their self defense against tyranny that the American founders spoke of long before anyone ever heard of a NAZI. As for Chamberlin, he like many today seem to be, was under the mistaken impression that if you give a bully what they demand, the bully will just leave you alone after that. So if you give the bully your AR 15 he will be back for the rest eventually.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sorgen

Jun 13, 2019
Seattle
✟730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So your NAZI gun control argument link was all about Neville Chamberlin was it? When did either Neville or I ever use the argument, that you implied I was relying on in my post, that we need guns because guns would have prevented NAZIs from coming to power? I mentioned the right of the people to secure their self defense against tyranny that the American founders spoke of long before anyone ever heard of a NAZI. As for Chamberlin, he like many today seem to be, was under the mistaken impression that if you give a bully what they demand, the bully will just leave you alone after that. So if you give the bully your AR 15 he will be back for the rest eventually.

The people aren't going to rise up against the government. That was possible when the only weapons with rifles and artillery.

All that is really being accomplished is the slaughter of people in the United States and throughout the world. Unless we register all guns, they will get into the hands of criminals and cartels. Gun owners say they are responsible, but hate the idea of actually being responsible for their guns.

People are dying over absurd and crazy notions of the government rising up and the need for guns to stop them.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems like when gun owners don't get frightened, the firearms industry suffers.

How many other businesses out there list "panic" as essential for their business model?

Disaster-prep kits and horror movies come to mind.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Disaster-prep kits and horror movies come to mind.

ears ago I watched an interview with a man who was regarded as the leading world expert on roller coasters. He was asked just what was a good roller coaster ride. He answered "If at some point during the ride you think that you might not live through it ---- THATS a good ride.

Upvote 0