Two Goats

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Azazel (lzaze - Strongs 5799. I have read that ez azal (lza z[e) is a put together of two words and means “goat sent away” ez (z[e - Strongs 5795) meaning “goat”, and azal (lza - Strongs 235) meaning “sent away”.

Azaz (zz[e - Strongs 5810), which means “prevalence”, “strengthened”, or “impudence” in the sense of being strengthened against someone. Thus Azazel may be understood to be more properly derived from the roots azaz azal (lza zz[), and a better literal translation of the name might be “prevalence sent away” or perhaps “impudence sent away”.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Condemning the guiltless? I never did any such thing. "Grace only"? What is that doctrine you accuse me of? What happened to through faith (believing God and obeying Him with all your heart, mind, and strength)? Unstable and immature? Really, our discussion dissolves into rank insults? Okay if thats the best you can do thats fine...keep them coming and I will try and continue reasoning together...but thanks for talking to me about this subject, I have learned a great deal, and you made me think deeply and pray much...

And no, its true, I admit it without shame. I do not place "tradition" (anyone's version added 100's or 1000's of years later) above or in any way equal to "the word of God"(especially since in some instances, in some traditions, it adds to or takes away from the actual words, or even contradicts the revealed word of God in some cases)...

Believe me, I get in a lot of trouble with Catholics and Protestants with this approach as well...So no, I do NOT accept the writer of Enoch (which was more than likely not his name) as Enoch from Genesis, nor either of the books bearing his name as "the word of the LORD"....its pseudipigrapha (false writings)...the Bible never calls the devil Azazel (a scapegoat)...you are making a grave error...he is NEVER described in the Torah or the Prophets as one that is innocent upon whom the sins of Israel will be lain...in fact in Enoch ha'Satan is Samyaza...and he is never described as dying with those sins...but now since for you guys your tradition trumps the word of God in this instance, I will withdraw knowing I can never change your mind (believe me I have been through this with Catholics so many times)...believe what you will my brothers and sisters. And may the peace of the Lord be with you all and I will move on to another thread...

In His love

Paul

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In the Book of Enoch, we are told that as punishment for his sins, the fallen angel of war, Azazel, was thrown into a pit in the ‘Wilderness of Dudael,’ and left there to await Final Judgment. Although no one knows to where the name ‘Dudael’ refers, ‘Dudael’ also means ‘Great Desert’ and ‘Fiery Caldron.’ There is one place in Israel that fits that description... the Negev, which has one of its borders on…Gaza/Aza. So how do places come by their names? Often they are given names either relating to important people, events, history and the like. Is it mere coincidence that Gaza/Aza has the same name as one of the leaders of the fallen angels?

Gaza definition. called also Azzah.

Etymology of the name Gaza
The name Gaza comes from the Hebrew verb עזז ('azaz), generally meaning to be strong.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
When the two identical goats were brought before the temple and the lot was cast as to which role each would play a red wool string was attached to the scapegoat. The priest tied half a piece of red wool string to the goats horn and had the goat given to a ready man, who led it to a particular remote spot in the wilderness. The other half of the red wool string was kept at the temple. When the fit man took it away into the wilderness, he would keep the red wool string In the instant the goat died, the red cloth tied to its horns turned white, as well as the remaining half that remained at the Temple. It was at that moment that the cloth turned white that the sins of Israel were considered cleansed.

There is a story about the red not turning white from the time of Yeshua's death to the time of the destruction of the temple. We read in the Jerusalem Talmud:
Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157).
Babylonian Talmud states
Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ['For the Lord'] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves. (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There is a story that ties in with the random choosing of the "lot" which was cast on Yom Kippur. The "lot" I am speaking of is the one which two goats are determined "for the Lord" or "Azazel" or "scapegoat." During the two hundred years before 30 CE, when the High Priest picked one of two stones, again this selection was governed by chance, and each year the priest would select a black stone as often as a white stone. But for forty years in a row, beginning in 30 CE, the High Priest always picked the black stone.
Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157).
Babylonian Talmud states Our rabbis taught
During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ['For the Lord'] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
After the lot was cast as the Yom Kippur started, the fate of the two goats was sealed. The goat on which the white stone lot fell was the sacrifice to the Lord on Yom Kippur. The high priest tied a red strip of cloth around the goat’s neck. The goat on which the black stone lot fell was azazel, the scapegoat. A red strip of cloth was tied to one of its horns. Before the scapegoat was sent into the desert to die, a portion of the red strip was removed and tied to the door of the Temple.

Early on, high priests would send the scapegoat away only to find that goats had minds of their own and would return. The high priest found a practical solution and stationed an aide outside of the city. His job was not only to lead the goat to the desert, but to find a convenient cliff and push the goat off. The scapegoat had to die in the desert.

The red cloth had great significance. God’s people were claiming the words of the prophet Isaiah,
“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they be as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”

Jewish history and literature indicate that this was a big deal. Not only was the sacrifice to the Lord and the scapegoat a God ordained part of Yom Kippur but God seemed to verify his acceptance of the atoning sacrifice of the offering to the Lord with the change in color of the cord. Every year the crimson cord, tied to the door of the Temple, turned white. The people rejoiced. Their sins were red, but through the atoning sacrifice they became white as snow. God had accepted their sacrifice as atonement for their sins.

God was speaking loud and clear but the religious leaders were in denial. They were not willing to repent and accept Yeshua as their Messiah. God showed His displeasure but not changing the color of the cord.

I wonder if we were to take a red cord and put it on the door of our temple will He change the color to white on Yom Kippur?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The portion in bold red was the only thing stated by me so I will respond to it:

Condemning the guiltless? I never did any such thing. "Grace only"? What is that doctrine you accuse me of? What happened to through faith (believing God and obeying Him with all your heart, mind, and strength)? Unstable and immature? Really, our discussion dissolves into rank insults? Okay if thats the best you can do thats fine...keep them coming and I will try and continue reasoning together...but thanks for talking to me about this subject, I have learned a great deal, and you made me think deeply and pray much...

And no, its true, I admit it without shame. I do not place "tradition" (anyone's version added 100's or 1000's of years later) above or in any way equal to "the word of God"(especially since in some instances, in some traditions, it adds to or takes away from the actual words, or even contradicts the revealed word of God in some cases)...

Believe me, I get in a lot of trouble with Catholics and Protestants with this approach as well...So no, I do NOT accept the writer of Enoch (which was more than likely not his name) as Enoch from Genesis, nor either of the books bearing his name as "the word of the LORD"....its pseudipigrapha (false writings)...the Bible never calls the devil Azazel (a scapegoat)...you are making a grave error...he is NEVER described in the Torah or the Prophets as one that is innocent upon whom the sins of Israel will be lain...in fact in Enoch ha'Satan is Samyaza...and he is never described as dying with those sins...but now since for you guys your tradition trumps the word of God in this instance, I will withdraw knowing I can never change your mind (believe me I have been through this with Catholics so many times)...believe what you will my brothers and sisters. And may the peace of the Lord be with you all and I will move on to another thread...

In His love

Paul

The portion in the bold red was from a statement of Yeshua which I already quoted previously once in this thread, (with its own set of implied meanings). However Yeshua also was and is guiltless so are you now trying to marginalize this fact? In addition my first statement to you here was to be careful that you are not "eating scapegoat" you found out in the wilderness, (simply meaning false teachings full of error/sin). The reason I said this is because TESTIMONY is spiritual FOOD. Therefore, if Yeshua was indeed the fulfillment of the typology set forth in the goat sent away to/for Azazel with all the sins of the people upon its head, there is absolutely no way his TESTIMONY is to be consumed-eaten by the congregation. The goat to/for Azazel goes into destruction just as does Azazel in the end. You therefore do indeed condemn the guiltless so as to justify yourself and place your sins upon his head by calling him your scapegoat. Also, as already stated at the beginning here, both of the goats of Leviticus 16 are to be supplied by the congregation. Will you not surrender up just a little of that billy goat pride for your Elder brother who owns all things and never broke any commandments of the Father? "Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid-goat, that I might make merry with my friends: but as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf, (all of them fatlings of Bashan, O ye priests). And he said unto him, Son, thou art forever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found." Perhaps he is only just a little upset because no kid-goat was ever sacrificed in his behalf. Kiss the son, lest he be angry, and you perish from the Way, when his wrath is kindled but a little! :D

Reactions: BukiRob
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua holds out His blood before His Heavenly Father pleading on our behalf when we are truly a repentant believers. He secures our pardon as He is our Mediator. He gains acceptance with the Father for us. It is still recorded in the books in heaven our sins.

One of understandings is that on the first day of the feast of trumpets the books are opened. They will be looking at a blood covered book if we truly have repented of all our sins. Any unrepented sins will be on the books for all in heaven to see. It is one of the main reasons that during Yom Kippur services, repentance of unknown sins is covered.

As in the typical service there was a work of atonement at the close of the year, so before Yeshua’s work for the redemption of men is completed with the work of atonement and for the removal of sin from the sanctuary.

As anciently the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Yeshua and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary. And as the typical cleansing of the earthly was accomplished by the removal of the sins by which it had been polluted, so the actual cleansing of the heavenly is to be accomplished.
Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
The accuser/deceiver/murder/liar/imitator is cast out of heaven along with His cohorts.
Mat 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
The temple in heaven will be cleansed.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The removal, or blotting out of the sins which are there recorded is an important part of the cleansing process. But before this can be accomplished, there must be an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Yeshua, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement. The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation in our lives by Him and a determination made. This work must be performed prior to the His coming to redeem His people. For when He comes, His reward is with Him to give to every man according to his works.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 11:19-26 KJV
19. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.
20. But if I with the finger of God [Kohen Gadol] cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
21. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
22. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
23. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Ephesians 2:1-3 KJV
1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Who is this "prince of the power of the air" that the Ephesians, (and all talmidim of Yeshua) formerly served in the above passage? Is this the same "spirit of the world" from 1Cor.2:6-14? Does Paul get this prince of the power of the air from somewhere in TaNaK or do you suppose he invents the phrase out of thin air?

Daniel 8:5
5. And as I was considering, behold, an tspiyr- ha`iziym he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not ba'arets: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Daniel 8:21a
21. And ha-tsapiyr ha-sa`iyr melek Yavan: and the great horn that is between his eyes ha-melek ha-ri'shown.

And according to the doctrine of the Master the first one goes and associates with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and then they return to the former house of the first, which is then the eighth and of the seven, and the former "house" from whence he came is YOU. Therefore Yeshua says to all, Watch! because we are no more own when we enter into Yeshua faithfulness, (to the glory of the Father) but are now designated as "the porter" of the doors of the house while the House Master "is away in a far journey", (Mark 13:31-37). But then I suppose if one has never had the prince of the power of the air sent away into the dry-arid deserts to begin with then he or she need not worry about him returning. :D

Yep, that one goes into perdition Paul, (the lake of fire) . . . :)

Revelation 19:10
10. And I fell down before his feet to worship him. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren that hold the testimony of Yeshua: worship God; for the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of the prophecy.

Revelation 17:10-11
10. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Revelation 13:11
11. And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The unclean spirit is sent away from the man, (and we have a clear emphatic warning from the Master: "Sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee!"). And the unclean spirit then wanders in the dry-arid-desert places of the wilderness, seeking rest, and finding none; so he goes and takes to himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they return to the house, which is the man, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of the man is worse then the first. And surely that fact makes the first unclean spirit "the eighth and of the seven" when he returns with all the sins upon his head. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you daq, more insults always make me feel better, I will pray for you...as for me I have been sealed until the day of redemption. Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. I am a new creature in Christ. Not Jew nor gentile, nor even a son of Adam...I have been transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light and have been born from above...I am a beni-Elohim, eternal though yet still dragging around this old tent. I no longer have anything to fear from him who has caused sin to come upon humankind unless he arranges the death of this corpse (better to be with HIM so let him)...and when it seems necessary, when things are needed, I just go boldly before the throne of grace to obtain mercy in any time of need, and He cares for me. He answers all my prayers, but does not give me my way (He is the best Dad) and when younger He did have to spank me now and then. I spend all my day with my Abba. He is with me when I rise, and when I lay down, and He is my rock, my life, and my fortress, in whom alone I trust...whom then shall I fear?

His word is my food and drink, I shall not want. I have shalom in the good times and in the bad times...He is my Dad, and I am His son, no longer a cast away nor a bond servant, therefore say what you will. I know I am IN Messiah, and He is in me, and so we are echad....so there will be no seven spirits coming for my soul. I am His. He bought me with a costly price, and I am no longer my own, and no one nor anything can snatch me out of His hand. My sins will not be placed on the devil as He has already dealt with them on His cross and thy are no longer held against me. I have been given the gift of eternal life, by grace, through faith. I will live by faith.

Shalom to you, in His love

Paul

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you daq, more insults always make me feel better, I will pray for you...as for me I have been sealed until the day of redemption. Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. I am a new creature in Christ. Not Jew nor gentile, nor even a son of Adam...I have been transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light and have been born from above...I am a beni-Elohim, eternal though yet still dragging around this old tent. I no longer have anything to fear from him who has caused sin to come upon humankind...and when it seems necessary, I just go boldly before the throne of grace to obtain mercy in any time of need and He cares for me. All my day my Abba is with me, and He is my rock, and my fortress, in whom alone I trust...whom then shall I fear? His word is my food and drink, I shall not want. I have shalom in the good times and in the bad times...He is my Dad, and I am His son, therefore say what you will. I know I will be with Him when men are judged, because I am IN Messiah and He is in me and so we are echad....so there will be no seven spirits coming for my soul. So save your breath for I am His. He bought me with a costly price, I am no longer my own, and no one nor anything can snatch me out of His hand.

In His love

Paul

It is you that has been insulting people in the last few pages of this thread and especially by attempting to force your views on others with no verifiable evidence outside of your own words. It is you telling me that my Master-Teacher is the sa`iyr-goat sent away to/for the demon Azazel. You honestly do not think that such a teaching would be insulting to anyone here? And the things quoted to you from the Scripture throughout this thread are simply how it is for one and all with no exceptions to the rules. And playing the victim with crocodile tears will probably not win you any sympathy points with those you have insulted just so you know. :)

...you are making a grave error...he is NEVER described in the Torah or the Prophets as one that is innocent upon whom the sins of Israel will be lain...in fact in Enoch ha'Satan is Samyaza...and he is never described as dying with those sins...but now since for you guys your tradition trumps the word of God

I have not quoted from any traditional sources but rather from Scripture, time and time again, which you have rejected time and time again because you prefer your own paradigm over the Scripture and the Testimony of Yeshua. You have already made your own grave error in thinking that any part of the Testimony of Yeshua does not apply to yourself all because you assume yourself to be already "saved" even against the testimony of Paul. It is he that endures unto the end that shall be delivered. You have not yet come to the end of you, (the power of the holy people must be completely shattered; each in his or her own appointed times, and none shall be alone in his appointed times). :)

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scapegoat saying ... "The Devil made me do it" and with that took no responsibility for one's actions.

God's Way.. "I am sinner, with God I can overcome, for He strengthens me to do His Will, His Way, in His Truth"... amen

Amen...sinners saved by grace...well put sister! And Daq I have not been trying to force my view on you but rather trying to reason about what the scriptures say. I know we do not agree and that is okay as our salvation does not depend on our opinions. Sorry you feel that two brothers seeing the same thing differently is an insult but I do not remember calling you names or insulting your character but again I could be incorrect as far all I know you may be correct but I cannot see it at this time (I will continue to pray about it). Visionary is right though...this is a Rabbit hole that is rather worn out so I will stop. And yes you have used much scripture, but I do not see that these apply to this subject (because I do not see this goat as a symbol for Satan for reasons I have given)...so I apologize if I have insulted you, and I want you to know I agree with a lot of things you have posted on other matters and continue to enjoy and value from your input so thanks...

Paul

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The daily sacrifice of this part of the prophetic vision that Daniel seen is this desecration of the heavenly sanctuary for 2300 days and it will occur at the time appointed. When is the time appointed? And the answer the Lord gives us is
At the time of the end, in the last end of the indignation, when transgressors are come to the full. Transgressors at the end of time will be at a time when mankind is without restraint, they will be in full control of the world but out of control mentally, it is at the end of indignation, at the end of time, at the appointed time.
Remember, the biggest battle of all is over the minds of men.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Now knowing the judgement of the Lord has an appointed time, called Yom Kippur. It is important to learn more about this appointed time and what to expect.
You are the temple of God.
I want you to understand that when the Lord comes to His temple it will be fast, suddenly. For those that are prepared for it, this will be a time of great rejoicing, for those who are unprepared, it will be the judgement that they so feared. For God's people it is different.
2Ch 29:36 ..............all the people, that God had prepared the people: for the thing was done suddenly.

Think about it, if God suddenly came to your mind, and all the secret things are revealed in their true light, how would you feel, what you do and how would you respond to such an event. I know that people who are unprepared to meet the Holy One of Israel will be shocked that He even exists, let alone that He is all He said He was and calls for in His Word as enlightened by Yeshua during His walk on earth.
Pro 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
Because of hardness of heart, there will be people will not listen to the message that would have prepared them as to what is about to come upon the world, leaving them unprepared for the reality of the event. Because after it is all over, if you are not filled with His, then you will be completely filled with evil.
Is 47:11 Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.
This is way it is so important to keep your eyes upon the Lord and His Word which He speaks through. He will declare everything before it comes to pass.
Is 48:3 I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.
Taking down that curtain in your mind, that most people use to mentally separate themselves from God, before He comes to your temple like He did to the Temple in the wilderness. God suddenly shows up in all His majestic Holiness, and my question to you is, are you prepared for Him to come in all His Holiness? Today it is your sins that separate you from God like a curtain. They are what keep you from seeing God.
Is 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
God will tear down that curtain suddenly in the day that He said He would.
Jer 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
Mourning for the only son, Yeshua, God‘s people will be rejoicing when He comes to their temple, in the real way which is more awesome than there are words to describe the experience. It will be a totally different event for them.
Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.
The Lord knows that only He is the one for His bride. He will come suddenly to her, which is our minds, the Temple of God, at the appointed time. It is important for believers to be ready at the appointed time for this experience with God. It is so necessary for us to prepare to live with God forever. Do you know the time of your visitation? It is Yom Kippur.
Jer 49:8 Flee ye, turn back, dwell deep, O inhabitants of Dedan; for I will bring the calamity of Esau upon him, the time that I will visit him.
We know who is the chosen man, who is appointed over her. God asks who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?
Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
God said that He will come suddenly to His Temple which is your mind.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Prove that grace saved is an obedient child of God to His Laws of His Kingdom as laid out on Mount Sinai in stone and to lived out in the heart.

Grace is the gift..the gift is The Father through The Son by the Holy Spirit one with us bringing us life...life is YHWH to will and to do in us...Holy Spirit through us keeps torah perfectly..but we must trust not in Adam in us for he is lawless but instead we must lean all we are having our faith in his gift of ourselves made one with him
Adam may for a season not break law on the outside of the cup but inside his cup he is always a law breaker....Yeshua has crucified Adam with his cross and made a new cup wich is him in us
The cup of the Lord is life...the cup of devils is Adams corruption...wichever we reley on his ways are seen on the outside of the cup
This is grace that we are free of transgression..false grace is the deception that we are free from Law...for what child does not desire to be as his father...and what disciple does not emulate his master.
THOU SHALT NOT...is a burden to those who drink of Adams cup...but a promise to those who drink of the Lords

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

Yeshua cannot be the Azazel Goat as some claim.

The term in the Bible is limited to three uses in Leviticus 16, where a goat is designated לַעֲזָאזֵֽל la-aza'zeyl; either "for absolute removal" or "for Azazel" and outcast in the desert as part of Yom Kippur.

Later Azazel was considered by some Jewish sources to be a supernatural being mentioned in connection with the ritual of the Day of Atonement (Lev. xvi.). After Satan, for whom he was in some degree a prototype, Azazel enjoys the distinction of being the most mysterious extrahuman character in Jewish sacred literature

The Brown–Driver–Briggs Hebrew Lexicon

[1] gives Azazel as a reduplicative intensive of the stem azel "remove", hence azazel, "entire removal". This is supported by the Jewish Greek Bible translation as the sender away. Gesenius in his Hebrew lexicon confers with this.

[2]According to some Rabbinic interpretatins Azazel is a theophoric name, combined of the words "Azaz" (rugged) and "El" (power/strong/of God) in reference to the rugged and strong rocks of the deserts in Judea. According to Talmudic interpretation, the term "Azazel" designated a rugged mountain or precipice in the wilderness from which the goat was thrown down, using for it as an alternative the word "Ẓoḳ" (Yoma vi. 4). An etymology is found to suit this interpretation. "Azazel" is regarded as a compound of "az", strong or rough, and "el", mighty, therefore a strong mountain. This derivation is presented by a Baraita, cited Yoma 67b, that Azazel was the strongest of mountains.

[3]The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910) contains the following entry:
The Rabbis, interpreting "Azazel" as Azaz ("rugged"), and el ("strong"), refer it to the rugged and rough mountain cliff from which the scapegoat was cast down on Yom Kippur when the Jewish Temples in Jerusalem stood. (Yoma 67b; Sifra, Aḥare, ii. 2; Targum Jerusalem Lev. xiv. 10, and most medieval commentators). Most modern scholars, after having for some time endorsed the old view, have accepted the opinion mysteriously hinted at by Ibn Ezra and expressly stated by Nachmanides to Lev. xvi. 8, that Azazel belongs to the class of "se'irim," goat-like spirits, jinn haunting the desert, to which the Israelites were accustomed to offering sacrifice. (Compare "the roes and the hinds," Cant. ii. 7, iii. 5, by which Sulamith administers an oath to the daughters of Jerusalem. The critics were probably thinking of a Roman faun.)

[4]Pre-Jewish sources
Despite the expectation of Brandt (1889)[16] to date no evidence has surfaced of Azazel as a demon or god prior to the earliest Jewish sources among the Dead Sea Scrolls.Brandt, "Mandäische Theologie,"

Dead Sea Scrolls and 1 Enoch. In the Dead Sea Scrolls the name Azazel occurs in the line 6 of 4Q203, the Book of the Giants. This is a part of the Enochic literature about fallen angels found at Qumran.

[5] According to the Book of Enoch, which brings Azazel into connection with the Biblical story of the fall of the angels, located on Mount Hermon, a gathering-place of demons from of old (Enoch xiii.; compare Brandt, "Mandäische Theologie," 1889, p. 38). Azazel is represented in the Book of Enoch as one of the leaders of the rebellious Watchers in the time preceding the flood; he taught men the art of warfare, of making swords, knives, shields, and coats of mail, and women the art of deception by ornamenting the body, dying the hair, and painting the face and the eyebrows, and also revealed to the people the secrets of witchcraft and corrupted their manners, leading them into wickedness and impurity; until at last he was, at the Lord's command, bound hand and foot by the archangel Raphael and chained to the rough and jagged rocks of [Ha] Duduael (= Beth Ḥadudo), where he is to abide in utter darkness until the great Day of Judgment, when he will be cast into the fire to be consumed forever (Enoch viii. 1, ix. 6, x. 4-6, liv. 5, lxxxviii. 1; see Geiger, "Jüd. Zeit." 1864, pp. 196–204). “ The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin. ”

— 1 Enoch 10:8
According to 1 Enoch (a book of the Apocrypha), Azazel (here spelled ‘ăzā’zyēl) was one of the chief Grigori, a group of fallen angels who married women. This same story (without any mention of Azazel) is told in Genesis 6:2-4: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. […] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also afterward, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching people to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 8:1-3a reads:
And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways.

The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn."

God sees the sin brought about by Azazel and has Raphael “bind Azazel hand and foot and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert — which is in Dudael — and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there forever, and cover his face that he may not see light.”

Several scholars have previously discerned that some details of Azazel's punishment are reminiscent of the scapegoat ritual. Thus, Lester Grabbe points to a number of parallels between the Azazel narrative in 1 Enoch and the wording of Leviticus 16, including “the similarity of the names Asael and Azazel; the punishment in the desert; the placing of sin on Asael/Azazel; the resultant healing of the land.” Daniel Stökl also observes that “the punishment of the demon resembles the treatment of the goat in aspects of geography, action, time and purpose.” .”Thus, the place of Asael’s punishment designated in 1 Enoch as Dudael is reminiscent of the rabbinic terminology used for the designation of the ravine of the scapegoat in later rabbinic interpretations of the Yom Kippur ritual. Stökl remarks that “the name of place of judgment (Dudael) is conspicuously similar in both traditions and can likely be traced to a common origin.”

Azazel's fate is foretold near the end of 1 Enoch 2:8, where God says, “On the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. […] The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin."

In 3 Enoch
In the 5th Century 3 Enoch, Azazel is one of the three angels (Azza [Shemhazai] and Uzza [Ouza] are the other two) who opposed Enoch's high rank when he became the angel Metatron. Whilst they were fallen at this time they were still in Heaven, but Metatron held a dislike for them, and had them cast out. They were thenceforth known as the 'three who got the most blame' for their involvement in the fall of the angels marrying women. It should be remembered that Azazel and Shemhazai were said to be the leaders of the 200 fallen, and Uzza and Shemhazai were tutelary guardian angels of Egypt with both Shemhazai and Azazel and were responsible for teaching the secrets of heaven as well. The other angels dispersed to 'every corner of the Earth.'
visionary I am not so sure about this part here it is not how I have seen that goat to date anyway .
I think Jesus was the Azazel goat.. those moments he was on the cross for our sake. with the blood of the world and all the guilt on his head . the blood of the nations was on his head.. and I think the father saw him as like the Azazel goat I suspect.. now HIS the goal to undo war and undo all the things Azazel brought into the world. since then Jesus was sent to waterless places to retrieve men(from Abrahams Bossom )that is with in that mankind special place we call hell or the void that separated man from God's presence . so man can go sin and decide everything for himself.. .. man kinds special place he goes to be his own god..
hell and death is that authority that owned them at the fall . where they can be just like a Pharoahs and decided everything for themselves.. since we asked for it , we got it... now it is all about our choices .
but it also has to become our choice to undo what Azazel has brought into the world.
I see a great parallel to what is happening between him and men of old and with the father on the cross and during his burial .
so explain to me better why you don't think that goat was an example of jesus death and some of the redemption processes the cross ?

Upvote 0