Two Goats

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Can I put a link to this post on my calendar? Like I said on the other thread, someone on my forum said this week that the ark of the covenant is to be revealed tomorrow (Saturday). Obviously, it won't (because it doesn't exist). But, it'll be fun to have it on the calendar and then talk to her the next day and remind her of the foolishness of making these types of prophecies.

Can I put you on the calendar as thinking that this year's Yom Kippur will bring about the revelation of the Son of Perdition, as per the pseudo-Pauline words of 2 Thessalonians 2?
This was an ongoing conversation with someone else and I am hoping to find them soon on this thread, because of the link they are thinking might connect Yom Kippur this year with the anti-Christ. So hence the question?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua holds out His blood before His Heavenly Father pleading on our behalf when we are truly a repentant believers. He secures our pardon as He is our Mediator. He gains acceptance with the Father for us. It is still recorded in the books in heaven our sins.

One of understandings is that on the first day of the feast of trumpets the books are opened. They will be looking at a blood covered book if we truly have repented of all our sins. Any unrepented sins will be on the books for all in heaven to see. It is one of the main reasons that during Yom Kippur services, repentance of unknown sins is covered.

As in the typical service there was a work of atonement at the close of the year, so before Yeshua’s work for the redemption of men is completed with the work of atonement and for the removal of sin from the sanctuary.

As anciently the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Yeshua and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary. And as the typical cleansing of the earthly was accomplished by the removal of the sins by which it had been polluted, so the actual cleansing of the heavenly is to be accomplished.
Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
There goes the scapegoat cast out from the temple sanctuary. The accuser/deceiver/murder/liar/imitator is cast out of heaven along with His cohorts.
Mat 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
The temple in heaven will be cleansed.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The first goat was slaughtered for the sins of the people and its blood used to cleanse the Most Holy Place, the tent of meeting and the altar. We are the Temple of God and what goes on in Heaven goes on in the heart of His people. So when Yeshua brings in His blood to the Most Holy Place in front of His Father to make the cleansing atonement for the Temple, the same should be going on it our hearts. Most who participate in Yom Kippur sincerely repent and seek not only the atonement with the Father but also the cleansing from that sin. When we are perfectly cleansed of sin in heart, mind, and body, the Holy Spirit can dwell.

This baptism of fire is not like the baptism by water, and not just a sprinkling like the baptism by Holy Spirit on Pentecost, but the cleansing and immersion for eternity of Holiness like Yeshua our Messiah.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
After the cleansing, the live goat was brought to the high priest. Laying his hands on the scapegoat, the high priest was to “confess over it all the wickedness and rebellion of the Israelites – all their sins – and put them on the goat’s head.

Then the final plagues are poured upon the heads on the wicked and it doesn't hurt God's people, because the separation is complete, the cleansing is complete, the internalization of God's plan in His people is complete [new Adams without sin]. God's people will never sin again at this point. They can stand in the muck of the wickedness of all generations in this world and sin not.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It was seen the sin offering pointed to Yeshua as a sacrifice fulfilled during the spring feasts at Passover. The high priest represented Christ as a mediator in the Heavenly Sanctuary.

The scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest during Yom Kippur, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. Just like Yeshua will, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of His ministration, He will place them upon Satan, who, in the execution of the judgment, must bear the final penalty.

The scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the congregation of Israel. So will Satan be forever banished from the presence of God and His people, and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and sinners.

Upvote 0