Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump has helped ISIS get back into business:
Armenian Catholic priest killed in Syria; ISIS claims responsibility

Turkey, who Trump green-lighted to go into Syria, has their proxy army committing all sorts of murder, rape, looting, etc. against innocent civlians
‘Filled with hatred and lust for blood’: Turkey’s proxy army in northern Syria accused of abusing civilians

Is this what America is supposed to support, killing Christians and other innocents to satisfy Turkey's lust for genocide? Embarrasses me as an American.

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Turkey, who Trump green-lighted to go into Syria, has their proxy army committing all sorts of murder, rape, looting, etc. against innocent civlians
‘Filled with hatred and lust for blood’: Turkey’s proxy army in northern Syria accused of abusing civilians

Is this what America is supposed to support, killing Christians and other innocents to satisfy Turkey's lust for genocide? Embarrasses me as an American.

It was a shameful act, should not have happened, and I am so sorry for those people.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Things that I have learned since joining CF.

#1. There are no “real” Christians outside the United States.

#2. War crimes and genocide are “acceptable actions” if committed by an ally.

#3. What is un-American and impeachable behavior under one administration is normal and even encouraged under another administration.

#4 Oil supply is more important than anything to both parties.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well you know, priorities...

This isn't about you friend.

People mention oil all the time, and always attach a cynical statement about it...a few things.

The U.S. Imports around 10% of it's oil in total from the Middle East, I don't even know if we get any oil from Syria. We got no free oil from Iraq after the invasion, anything we got, we paid market value for.

Oil, and it's availability is a valid interest of the US, and to all nations. With out oil, nothing happens, busses don't run, trains don't run, homes, hospitals, and street lights go dark, food does not get harvested, livestock dies, planes are grounded, the military stops working, no EMS, Police, or, fire protection, and the list goes on.

No nation can run without oil, and if you want your quality of life to tank, cut off the supply.

The U.S. had to ration gas for a short time in the early 1970's, people could only buy gas three days a week. People were assaulted while waiting in line, if you went to line up at midnight (in some locations) there were already 100 cars in line in front of you. I also seem to remember a few shootings while waiting in line.

The world would collapse without oil. None of the other alternatives are really viable, with the exception of Nuclear Reactors, and no one wants that, coal...the same, natural gas...the same.

What else is ready that could be put into place on a scale large enough to power the world?...nothing.

We new oil was essential to our survival, which is why we look like the oil police, but what do we do? So many people hate our involvement in the Middle East, but, would they tolerate blackouts, electricity for only 4 hours a day, walking across town to work, then walking home? Busses, trains, trams, and taxi's all require fuel.

This reminds me of a guy I worked with several years ago, this is not a direct correlation, but it's the same mind set.

I was a hunter, successful at it by most people's standards. Once he found out, he was livid. Always had a derogatory statement to make, always critical, always wanting to argue.

One day on his way to work he hit a deer, it really tore up his new car, funny really, after that he never had a bad word to say about hunting again. And the same would apply to people who had to walk miles to work everyday, after a few days people would stop criticizing our efforts to stabilize the middle east, and would stop careing about the human cost in lives...as long as the juice kept flowing.

The deer that he hit laid on the side of the road in agony all broken up. I followed the now happy supporter of hunting to the accident site and dispatched the animal with my CCW (he had no problem with concealed carry any longer either)

A lot of people try to stand tall and talk, and criticize, but few are up for the consequences of the issues they support.

Fish and Game took the deer for disposal.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The US isn't the world police. Condemn ISIS, not us.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The US isn't the world police. Condemn ISIS, not us.
The US acts as the world police when convenient. In this case, the US set up people to get murdrered by acting as the police holding back the rabig dog called Turkey and then released the dog. I condemn ISIS and I also condemn my nation which embarrasses me. I won't be standing for the national anthem anytime soon, believe that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I won't be standing for the national anthem anytime soon, believe that.

I find that to be quite rude. You understand our anthem is to our country, not our government?

• Informative
Reactions: Norbert L
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The US acts as the world police when convenient. In this case, the US set up people to get murdrered by acting as the police holding back the rabig dog called Turkey and then released the dog. I condemn ISIS and I also condemn my nation which embarrasses me. I won't be standing for the national anthem anytime soon, believe that.

How exactly did we hold them back? Did we tell Turkey to attack Syria? Isn't Turkey a member of NATO? Why isn't NATO involved in preventing one of it's members from invading? Since when is it the US responsibility to protect everyone's borders?

Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

A gal on here @Stanfordella has talked about taking a class right now taught by Brett McGurk, how he's been absolutely disgusted by the ineptitude of Donald. How much suffering that's caused to folks who were our allies.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I find that to be quite rude. You understand our anthem is to our country, not our government?
I find the anthem has become an idol for most in the nation to the point they get angry and hateful when people don't worship it to their liking, so that is also a huge part of why I won't stand for it. It's a song, it's not about God, I won't treat it as something sacred for which I have to stand. Add to that what the country is doing and no, I don't want to stand for it. I think it's rude when people get on my case for doing what I choose and exercising my freedom.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How exactly did we hold them back? Did we tell Turkey to attack Syria? Isn't Turkey a member of NATO? Why isn't NATO involved in preventing one of it's members from invading? Since when is it the US responsibility to protect everyone's borders?
You really don't know how we held them back and could hold them back? Or are you asking these questions rhetorically, or sarcastically? If you truly don't know, please confirm you have no idea and I'll be happy to answer all your questions to educate you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I find the anthem has become an idol for most in the nation to the point they get angry and hateful when people don't worship it to their liking, so that is also a huge part of why I won't stand for it. It's a song, it's not about God, I won't treat it as something sacred for which I have to stand. Add to that what the country is doing and no, I don't want to stand for it. I think it's rude when people get on my case for doing what I choose and exercising my freedom.

How about My Country, 'Tis of Thee?

Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.

We don't worship our country, but as the most free and prosperous country on Earth, of which God has instituted (Romans 13), doesn't it deserve some reverence? I think you may be taking such freedom for granted, as in other countries you could be jailed for NOT singing their anthem.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't about you friend.
It actually is about me, on several levels. It's also about a lot of other people. I don't know why you think it's not.

People mention oil all the time, and always attach a cynical statement about it...a few things.

The U.S. Imports around 10% of it's oil in total from the Middle East, I don't even know if we get any oil from Syria. We got no free oil from Iraq after the invasion, anything we got, we paid market value for.

Oil, and it's availability is a valid interest of the US, and to all nations. With out oil, nothing happens, busses don't run, trains don't run, homes, hospitals, and street lights go dark, food does not get harvested, livestock dies, planes are grounded, the military stops working, no EMS, Police, or, fire protection, and the list goes on.

No nation can run without oil, and if you want your quality of life to tank, cut off the supply.

The U.S. had to ration gas for a short time in the early 1970's, people could only buy gas three days a week. People were assaulted while waiting in line, if you went to line up at midnight (in some locations) there were already 100 cars in line in front of you. I also seem to remember a few shootings while waiting in line.

The world would collapse without oil. None of the other alternatives are really viable, with the exception of Nuclear Reactors, and no one wants that, coal...the same, natural gas...the same.

What else is ready that could be put into place on a scale large enough to power the world?...nothing.

We new oil was essential to our survival, which is why we look like the oil police, but what do we do? So many people hate our involvement in the Middle East, but, would they tolerate blackouts, electricity for only 4 hours a day, walking across town to work, then walking home? Busses, trains, trams, and taxi's all require fuel.

This reminds me of a guy I worked with several years ago, this is not a direct correlation, but it's the same mind set.

I was a hunter, successful at it by most people's standards. Once he found out, he was livid. Always had a derogatory statement to make, always critical, always wanting to argue.

One day on his way to work he hit a deer, it really tore up his new car, funny really, after that he never had a bad word to say about hunting again. And the same would apply to people who had to walk miles to work everyday, after a few days people would stop criticizing our efforts to stabilize the middle east, and would stop careing about the human cost in lives...as long as the juice kept flowing.

The deer that he hit laid on the side of the road in agony all broken up. I followed the now happy supporter of hunting to the accident site and dispatched the animal with my CCW (he had no problem with concealed carry any longer either)

A lot of people try to stand tall and talk, and criticize, but few are up for the consequences of the issues they support.

Fish and Game took the deer for disposal.
You give too much credit to oil. Our dependency on oil is largely manufactured and imposed upon us because oil, being a wealthy special interest industry, has been and still is able to buy politicians who will push oil-industry-friendly policies and laws. I never said we would or could get rid of oil overnight. However, had we permitted and encouraged research into alternative energies as well as putting them into practice we would be less dependent on oil and would become less and less dependent as time went on.

And part of breaking our addiction to oil would indeed be losing some of the artificial luxuries that cheap oil affords us today. Yes, a lot of people would hate it. Yes, a lot of those people say they're against oil dependence but would hate the measures needed to wean off it. However, a lot of those people would be all for it if it helps with the big picture.

In any case, the gist of your response, as I see it, is that these wars and killings being done for oil are worth it because while some certain people are killed it's worth it for the rest of us who love using the oil. Well, I have a strong problem with that. I don't think a bunch of kids in the Middle East should be killed so that we can continue getting our fix to satisfy our oil addiction.

This thread was to provide an example of the result of this kind of game-playing for oil. Whether or not the US keeps the oil, the antics around it are related to the oil. In this case, Trump actually DID think we would keep the oil. So the reason our troops are there is because America thought we'd take the oil. In any case, we enabled Turkey who does this kind of thing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Silverback
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the national anthem does speak of God:
God, but never Jesus. The god of America is mammon. The god/s of America are luciferian and masonic - just look at our nation's symbols on our money and buildings, etc. The rest of the song is about glorifying war.

We don't worship our country, but as the most free and prosperous country on Earth, of which God has instituted (Romans 13), doesn't it deserve some reverence? I think you may be taking such freedom for granted, as in other countries you could be jailed for NOT singing their anthem.
I wasn't referring to you, I don't know you and am not making a judgment on you. But I know plenty of people who have a worshipful form of nationalism and they are the most vocal and aggressive towards anyone who does not perform worshipful rituals for their beloved god, America. I was yelled at by a big, aggressive, drunkard at a ball game for not removing my cap or standing for the anthem. He started my way and I had to walk out in fear for my safety. Do you encourage that kind of behavior? Is that right? Did I deserve to be yelled at and threatened for that?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God, but never Jesus. The god of America is mammon. The god/s of America are luciferian and masonic - just look at our nation's symbols on our money and buildings, etc. The rest of the song is about glorifying war.

We will simply agree to disagree then. History proves that while not all, most of our founders were Christians.

I wasn't referring to you, I don't know you and am not making a judgment on you. But I know plenty of people who have a worshipful form of nationalism and they are the most vocal and aggressive towards anyone who does not perform worshipful rituals for their beloved god, America.

Some, but does that mean that you disrespect the flag and those who have given their lives fighting for its principles and your freedom? You're within your rights to do that, but we're within our rights to explain why we, the patriotic few, are deeply grieved by your choice.

I was yelled at by a big, aggressive, drunkard at a ball game for not removing my cap or standing for the anthem. He started my way and I had to walk out in fear for my safety. Do you encourage that kind of behavior? Is that right? Did I deserve to be yelled at and threatened for that?

No. That was wrong of him to do. I would have asked you, politely to remove your hat. If you had refused, I would have simply left you be, and prayed for you without your knowledge of it.

We are WAY off topic aren't we ^_^

I'm glad Trump pulled them out of Syria, but I am displeased he turned right around and sent them to...Iran was it?

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0