USA
✟301,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Once the officer in authority waved attendees into the capitol, it's my opinion the crime of trespass was removed, and it appears the federal judge below saw things the same way

This video clip is in perfect agreement with the Capitol Police Chiefs statement, regarding disciplinary actions taken against officers

CNN​

Man who said January 6 was ‘magical’ acquitted in US Capitol riot case​

By Andrew Millman and Casey Gannon, CNN
Published 3:59 PM EDT, Wed April 6, 2022

CNN —
A federal judge on Wednesday found Matthew Martin not guilty of four federal misdemeanors related to trespassing – marking the first time a US Capitol riot defendant was acquitted of all charges.

You're getting this wrong. What the judge rules is that the prosecution couldn't demonstrate that the defendant knowingly entered a restricted space , that the defendant could reasonably think that because his path up the Capitol steps was not blocked by officers that it was permitted to pass. See page 68 of this transcript of the Judge's ruling:

The defendant claims he thought the officer waved him in.

I'm not convinced by that. I think the government may be right, that this is a post hoc gloss on the evidence. But I do think the defendant reasonably believed the officer allowed him into the Capitol, both because the officers had not attempted to stop all the other protesters who had entered before him and because Officer Carrion apparently deliberately and specifically stepped back, allowing the defendant to pass.
The judgement starts on page 63:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.232204/gov.uscourts.dcd.232204.43.0.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
CNN

Man who said January 6 was ‘magical’ acquitted in US Capitol riot case​

By Andrew Millman and Casey Gannon, CNN
Published 3:59 PM EDT, Wed April 6, 2022

CNN —
A federal judge on Wednesday found Matthew Martin not guilty of four federal misdemeanors related to trespassing – marking the first time a US Capitol riot defendant was acquitted of all charges.

Martin, who worked for a government contractor before his arrest following the riot, successfully argued that a US Capitol Police officer waved him into the building. At least one video played during the trial appeared to show an officer moving his arm in a waving motion.
From WaPo:

>> U.S. District Judge Trevor N. McFadden, a 2017 Donald Trump appointee who served in the former president’s administration’s Justice Department, acquitted Matthew Martin of Santa Fe, N.M., of four misdemeanor counts of trespassing and disorderly conduct in a bench trial — handing the Justice Department its first defeat in a Capitol breach prosecution. <<
Bold mine

Shocking!

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We collectively know more after 2.5 years than was known after just 6 weeks.
A capitol police officer waving attendees into the capitol building, doesn't need 2.5 years of development to bring forth a conclusion as you suggest, sad part is you believe you've sold your bill of goods "Wrong"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From WaPo:

>> U.S. District Judge Trevor N. McFadden, a 2017 Donald Trump appointee who served in the former president’s administration’s Justice Department, acquitted Matthew Martin of Santa Fe, N.M., of four misdemeanor counts of trespassing and disorderly conduct in a bench trial — handing the Justice Department its first defeat in a Capitol breach prosecution. <<
Bold mine

Shocking!
Shocking?

An individual waved into the capitol building for entrance, and it turns into 4 counts of trespass that a federal judge aquits, and you claim shocking

The only shocking thing is those believing such an individuL should be prosecuted

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I Disagree with your claims and narrative regarding Tucker Carlson
At some point, repeating this over and over and over and over and over without providing either facts or argument really seems more like goading than a serious attempt to discuss the issue.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A capitol police officer waving attendees into the capitol building, doesn't need 2.5 years of development to bring forth a conclusion as you suggest, sad part is you believe you've sold your bill of goods "Wrong"

Did you read the judge's ruling regarding Mr. Martin?

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At some point, repeating this over and over and over and over and over without providing either facts or argument really seems more like goading than a serious attempt to discuss the issue.
Your suggestive claim in opinion that im breaking forum rules in goading is false, I simply stated I disagree with a claim and narrative

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the judge's ruling regarding Mr. Martin?
I have read the NPR reporting as posted regarding the judges ruling, your point is Martin entered through the rotunda as opposed to being waived in?

Yes I believe in my error I could have associated Martin with the capitol police officer at the barricade, and I concede in correction to all in the forum that this would be incorrect

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From WaPo:

Bold mine

Shocking!
Yes the federal Judge acquitted Martin of 4 counts of Trespass "And"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums