Trump: I consulted the military about the transgender ban. Military: no, you didn’t.

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Harvard Law School (1988-1991) Massachusetts
2 years total = student
During one summer break from Harvard Law school, student Obama, was an "associate", in a law firm. So you see, "students", not lawyers, can be associates in a law firm.

So, where is his 3rd year of LAW School recorded?
It's recorded right there in your post.

1988 - 1991 = 3 years not 2

Sep 1988 - May/June 1989 = 1st year
Sep 1989 - May/June 1990 = 2nd year
Sep 1990 - May/June 1991 = 3rd year/graduated magna cum laude

And if he didn't finish, why the rouse, unless that be an "appealing" edge to fool Americans who really exalt a educational degree?
Seeing as he did finish, no "rouse" necessary.

If you can't get these simple facts straight, why should anyone give credence to your other claims?

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's recorded right there in your post.

1988 - 1991 = 3 years not 2

Sep 1988 - May/June 1989 = 1st year
Sep 1989 - May/June 1990 = 2nd year
Sep 1990 - May/June 1991 = 3rd year/graduated magna cum laude

Seeing as he did finish, no "rouse" necessary.

If you can't get these simple facts straight, why should anyone give credence to your other claims?

School Transcripts? Unavailable.
Law Professor ~ hired as a Lecturer ~ then hired as a Senior Lecturer.
Record he was Hired as a Law Professor? None.

I could care less if you agree, give credence to what I challenge or question or think or believe.
You can believe Obama is black and white, has allegiance to Africa, Asia and America, is Christian and Muslim....so what if you do, or don't. What you think has no baring on what I think.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

I could care less if you agree, give credence to what I challenge or question or think or believe.
You can believe Obama is black and white, has allegiance to Africa, Asia and America, is Christian and Muslim....so what if you do, or don't. What you think has no baring on what I think.

God Bless,
SBC

You have been shown to be incorrect about his years in law school - he did complete three years.

Law student commonly work for law firms during their summers. Hence, he was an "associate" at a law firm during that summer.

The University of Chicago released a statement identifying Obama as a "professor" (i.e. member of the faculty) at their law school, although his title was lecturer and then senior lecturer.

"UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor? - FactCheck.org

• Agree
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

God Bless,
SBC
From the University of Chicago Law School

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

ETA: I see EpiscipalMe beat me to it.

If all of your claims are this easy to disprove, why do you still keep making them?

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You have been shown to be incorrect about his years in law school - he did complete three years.

You have declared yourself "correct", because of what you believe, and because you believe who said it. I don't have to believe whom you believe. I don't have to land on a concrete belief, because of what others trust. You can believe whatever you want about Obama.....and I can do the same.

Law student commonly work for law firms during their summers. Hence, he was an "associate" at a law firm during that summer.

And?
obviously not news to me, since I already have mentioned that.

The University of Chicago released a statement identifying Obama as a "professor" (i.e. member of the faculty) at their law school, although his title was lecturer and then senior lecturer.

Uh huh. So they "considered" "thought as" Obama the same as a "Professor", so what?
People who live together can "consider" "think as" "called themselves" "tell others" they are MARRIED, when they are not.

Was Obama hired as a Professor or not? Answer; NOT
Are people who are hired as a Professor entitled to use the Title of Professor, and be making a TRUE claim? Answer; YES

"UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."

I can read the same things you do.
Obama was hired as an associate to the staff of the school, for the purposes of doing what the school needed. The school hired what they needed, which was a Lecturer. (and, as in other times, an associate to the staff of an attorney's firm).
Bottom line - He was not hired as a Professor. Period.

A person can be HIRED as a teacher's aide, and "serve as" a teacher on any given day a teacher is not present, and a sub can not be located. The students can call that person "teacher", the staff can treat that "aide" as a teacher, call them teacher. Does that make the "teachers aide" a licensed teacher? No it doesn't.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You have declared yourself "correct", because of what you believe, and because you believe who said it. I don't have to believe whom you believe. I don't have to land on a concrete belief, because of what others trust. You can believe whatever you want about Obama.....and I can do the same.

And?
obviously not news to me, since I already have mentioned that.

Uh huh. So they "considered" "thought as" Obama the same as a "Professor", so what?
People who live together can "consider" "think as" "called themselves" "tell others" they are MARRIED, when they are not.

Was Obama hired as a Professor or not? Answer; NOT
Are people who are hired as a Professor entitled to use the Title of Professor, and be making a TRUE claim? Answer; YES

I can read the same things you do.
Obama was hired as an associate to the staff of the school, for the purposes of doing what the school needed. The school hired what they needed, which was a Lecturer. (and, as in other times, an associate to the staff of an attorney's firm).
Bottom line - He was not hired as a Professor. Period.

A person can be HIRED as a teacher's aide, and "serve as" a teacher on any given day a teacher is not present, and a sub can not be located. The students can call that person "teacher", the staff can treat that "aide" as a teacher, call them teacher. Does that make the "teachers aide" a licensed teacher? No it doesn't.

God Bless,
SBC

You still deny that Obama finished 3 years of law school, even though the dates provided by you cover 3 years of law school?

As for what he was at U Chicago - Lecturer is not a teacher's assistant - a lecturer is a faculty member who teaches in his/her own right. In any case, I will take the word of U Chicago, the institution that hired him, over yours as to what his status was.

And, I brought up the "associate" at a law firm since your initial post did not make it clear that you understood that this was normal for law students. If you already knew that, I apologize.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wow...so this thread has somehow become about President Obama instead of President Trump lying about consulting with the military about transgender soldiers? :scratch:
tulc(understands defending President Trump is impossible so attacking someone else is one of the fall back solutions for his supporters) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know if another thread about this has been started on here about this update but I'll post it in case
Judge denies Trump request to delay transgender military enlistment

The Trump administration must accept transgender recruits into the military by Jan. 1, a federal judge ruled Monday.

The decision prevents a ban on enlisting new transgender troops that the administration had sought to implement after an earlier injunction against the president's order.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Some of us think that heeding evidence is the way to go, we regret you are not one of us in that regard.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is
From the University of Chicago Law School

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

ETA: I see EpiscipalMe beat me to it.

If all of your claims are this easy to disprove, why do you still keep making them?

I said Obama was hired as a Senior Lecturer.
He was.

Obama was by the University's claim offered a Professors position and Obama supposedly declined.

Obama was not hired as a Professor.

Obama was hired and filled the position of Senior Lecturer.

The University spokesman further stated that the University "treated" Obama "as" a Professor.

You can"treat" a couple "as" a married couple,
You can call them married, even when they are not.

A teachers Aide does not require a teaching certificate but yet at times can be "treated as " a teacher and called teacher, yet in truth, they have no teaching certificate or teacher contract, and are not truly in fact a teacher.

Learn the facts.
Then learn the meaning between a true fact and that "treating" "as" does not compromise and make the true fact not true.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You still deny that Obama finished 3 years of law school, even though the dates provided by you cover 3 years of law school?

That is your FALSE claim. You are accountable for what you say.

You want to challenge what I say, use MY Words.

As for what he was at U Chicago - Lecturer is not a teacher's assistant
So? Why bring up something no one has claimed or disputed?

a lecturer is a faculty member who teaches in his/her own right.
Again, so what? Faculty member was not claimed or disputed.

Seems you have a difficult time staying on point.

The point is solely about him Being a Senior Lecturer or a Professor.

In any case, I will take the word of U Chicago, the institution that hired him, over yours as to what his status was.

You can believe whatever you want.

I believe the University spokesman, who stated the University hired Obama as a Senior
Lecturer, offered his a Professors position, he declined, but yet while he was a Senior Lecturer the University treated him AS a Professor.

I believe Obama did not differentiate being treated AS a Professor by THAT University when he claimed he WAS a Professor.

And thus you like others simply repeat Obama's claims without all the facts.

And, I brought up the "associate" at a law firm since your initial post did not make it clear that you understood that this was normal for law students. If you already knew that, I apologize.

An associate was no issue with me.
People of varying degrees of education and experience are often called Associates within all kinds of businesses, not limited to law firms. It simply lets one know the business has someone working in their business who is not a Partner or fully educated to be addressed with certain titles, such as "Attorney". But it doesn't mean they are not qualified to competently do other things that is necessary for the business to accomplish.

No apology necessary.

God Bless
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some of us think that heeding evidence is the way to go, we regret you are not one of us in that regard.

Oh but you are wrong in attempting to speak for me.

Evidence is not simply ones claim.
Worthy Evidence is a claim that is verified.

What precisely do you think was claimed And verified?

God Bless
SBC

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
wow...so this thread has somehow become about President Obama instead of President Trump lying about consulting with the military about transgender soldiers? :scratch:
tulc(understands defending President Trump is impossible so attacking someone else is one of the fall back solutions for his supporters) :sorry:

Yeah, I haven't read back through this thread to see why on earth folks are bickering about Obama & U of Chicago, nor do I feel a need to do so. I posted an update on the actual topic yesterday.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh but you are wrong in attempting to speak for me.

Evidence is not simply ones claim.
Worthy Evidence is a claim that is verified.

What precisely do you think was claimed And verified?

God Bless
SBC

That Obama was a professor. If the university itself said " He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors" then you lost that argument.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That Obama was a professor. If the university itself said " He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors" then you lost that argument.

You say "WAS".
University says are REGARDED "AS".
I said TREATED "AS".

Sorry you don't know the difference between
"IS" "WAS" "AS"

Must make scriptures difficult for you since
"IS" is mentioned over 11,000 times and "AS"
is mentioned over 6,000 times.

Odd how the Truth scares some people.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You say "WAS".
University says are REGARDED "AS".
I said TREATED "AS".

Sorry you don't know the difference between
"IS" "WAS" "AS"

Must make scriptures difficult for you since
"IS" is mentioned over 11,000 times and "AS"
is mentioned over 6,000 times.

Odd how the Truth scares some people.

God Bless,
SBC
If the university regards them as professors they are professors. If they are professors then by definition they are treated as professors.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the university regards them as professors they are professors. If they are professors then by definition they are treated as professors.

It is acknowledged how That University thought of him.

If Obama had applied to another University for a Lecturer's position and he was hired and That University did not regard Lecturer's AS Professors, would he be a Professor?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is acknowledged how That University thought of him.

If Obama had applied to another University for a Lecturer's position and he was hired and That University did not regard Lecturer's AS Professors, would he be a Professor?

God Bless,
SBC
...shouldn't people start another thread if they want to discuss something not in the OP? Because this seems to be WAY off from anything in the OP. :wave:
tulc(thinks it's so easy to start a thread he wonders why people don't do it more often) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...shouldn't people start another thread if they want to discuss something not in the OP?

Guess we could take a poll and see who has strayed from an OP and ask them why.

As far as the OP I highly doubt it's accuracy.
Trump being in office nearly a year never having discussions about policies concerning Transgender issues in the Military and every President of late changing Policies.

Some people are Sick and Tired of being Forced to pay the financial Burden of other people personal Choices.

You want kids, you pay for their needs.
You want an abortion, you pay for it.
You was to become another gender, you pay for it.

Obamas grand scheme like a TRUE democrat,
Was transgender surgery at government expense, which becomes the people's burden.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess we could take a poll and see who has strayed from an OP and ask them why.
Well if you'd like to discuss that you certainly could start a thread about that just as easily as starting a thread to discuss President Obama being a professor. :wave:

As far as the OP I highly doubt it's accuracy.
You can doubt all you'd like, the fact remains they could never produce a single active duty officer that would confirm his story (which seems like it would be an easy fix to stop all the stories) :sorry:

Trump being in office nearly a year
At the time he'd been in office a little over 7 months when he told this lie.

never having discussions about policies concerning Transgender issues in the Military and every President of late changing Policies.
Which you're aware just recently changed again, right?

Some people are Sick and Tired of being Forced to pay the financial Burden of other people personal Choices.
I don't see a problem paying the medical costs of military personnel.

You want kids, you pay for their needs.
You want an abortion, you pay for it.
You was to become another gender, you pay for it.

Obamas grand scheme like a TRUE democrat,
Was transgender surgery at government expense, which becomes the people's burden.

God Bless,
SBC
aaaandd we're back to not discussing the OP again. If you'd like to discuss any (or even all for that matter) those issues, you should feel free to start a thread(s) about them. It's not hard to do. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(will look forward to seeing the threads and the discussions in them) :wave:

Upvote 0