Trump: I consulted the military about the transgender ban. Military: no, you didn’t.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump: I consulted the military about the transgender ban. Military: no, you didn’t.
President Donald Trump said his decision to ban transgender people from serving in the military, announced via Twitter on Wednesday morning, came “after consultation with my generals and military experts.” It’s becoming clearer and clearer that he was lying.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis was on vacation when the decision was announced, and privately opposed the move. The Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Gen. James Dunford, said Thursday that the military wouldn’t implement the ban absent a formal, non-tweeted order from the commander in chief.
tulc(MAGA by lying about lots and lots of things?) :scratch:

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The military does everything based on orders. You can't go to school, boot camp, a duty station or a training center or even go on a mission without your Commander getting written orders. Me and my Guard Unit had to go to a school to learn Movement Control to be deployed in Iraq as an MCT. We got to the school and for whatever reason, the Commander had failed to prepare the orders. Everyone of us were written up, the Commander sent the school the orders, then and only then, did we attend the class.

This isn't petty infighting, no orders, nothing happens. Another fundamental misunderstanding, if nothing else, Trump is at least consistent.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The military does everything based on orders. You can't go to school, boot camp, a duty station or a training center or even go on a mission without your Commander getting written orders. Me and my Guard Unit had to go to a school to learn Movement Control to be deployed in Iraq as an MCT. We got to the school and for whatever reason, the Commander had failed to prepare the orders. Everyone of us were written up, the Commander sent the school the orders, then and only then, did we attend the class.

This isn't petty infighting, no orders, nothing happens. Another fundamental misunderstanding, if nothing else, Trump is at least consistent.

Those who issue orders often consult others before issuing the orders. Therefore, I fail to understand what point, if any, you are making. The fact remains, Trump lied about consulting with military people, a lie to simply add to the rest of his lies that prove you can't use anything Trump says as evidence for anything that might have happened.

Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Those who issue orders often consult others before issuing the orders. Therefore, I fail to understand what point, if any, you are making. The fact remains, Trump lied about consulting with military people, a lie to simply add to the rest of his lies that prove you can't use anything Trump says as evidence for anything that might have happened.
Well my whole point was that it doesn't matter to the military who he talks to, they do everything based on orders. If he wants to change the policy of the military he has to go through the chain of command, it works both ways. I have no idea who he talked to or what they talked about and neither does the Pentagon. All he really has to do is talk to the Secretary of Defense and find out how this policy gets implemented. He had better watch out because if this turns out to be discrimination based on sexual orientation he is going to see it tested in the courts. The military is pretty good about avoiding that sort of thing. He needs to have a talk with his Secretary of Defense and go from there.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/27/16051892/trump-transgender-ban-army-chief-staff

Reporter Zack Beauchamp VOX.com

LOL - you interviewed the ENTIRE Military Generals? And Military Experts?
FAKE NEWS

tulc(MAGA by lying about lots and lots of things?) :scratch:

Trump said: “after consultation with my generals and military experts.”

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley (one of 40 four-star Generals) indicated "he" didn't consult with Trump.

The Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Gen. James Dunford (one of 40 four-star Generals) indicated "he" didn't consult with Trump.

How does TWO Generals saying they DID NOT consult with Trump, make Trump a liar?

There are currently 40 active duty officers with four stars.

God Bless,
SBC

• Agree
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Where are the statements of EVERY Military General and Military Expert claiming they had no consult with the President?

I'll wait for you to present the evidence, for the basis of your testimony against Trump.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reporter Zack Beauchamp VOX.com

LOL - you interviewed the ENTIRE Military Generals? And Military Experts?
FAKE NEWS

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley (one of 40 four-star Generals) indicated "he" didn't consult with Trump.

The Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Gen. James Dunford (one of 40 four-star Generals) indicated "he" didn't consult with Trump.

How does TWO Generals saying they DID NOT consult with Trump, make Trump a liar?

There are currently 40 active duty officers with four stars.

God Bless,
SBC
do you happen to have the names of any of the active Generals he talked to? That would clear the whole thing up. :wave:
tuulc(is always willing to look at proof) :)

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
do you happen to have the names of any of the active Generals he talked to? That would clear the whole thing up. :wave:
tuulc(is always willing to look at proof) :)

No, I do not. But then I am not the one who insinuated or called Trump a liar.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I do not. But then I am not the one who insinuated or called Trump a liar.

God Bless,
SBC
No that would be me. But I'm going to have to say unless someone can supply a few names of the Generals he allegedly consulted with there's no proof he isn't lying again. :wave:
tulc(is as sure of this as he is that President Trump didn't get the phone calls from the head of the boy scouts or the President of Mexico either) :)

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No that would be me. But I'm going to have to say unless someone can supply a few names of the Generals he allegedly consulted with there's no proof he isn't lying again. :wave:
tulc(is as sure of this as he is that President Trump didn't get the phone calls from the head of the boy scouts or the President of Mexico either) :)

Really?

Trump makes a statement.
A reporter talks to two Generals who say they did not consult with Trump.
And, KNOWING, there are at least 40 other high ranking Generals; that you do not know if he spoke with them;
You are going to take the position Trump is lying?
Wow.

Are you a saved and born again Christian?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

Trump makes a statement.
A reporter talks to two Generals who say they did not consult with Trump.
And, KNOWING, there are at least 40 other high ranking Generals; that you do not know if he spoke with them;
You are going to take the position Trump is lying?
Wow.

God Bless,
SBC

Seeing as how the two generals who denied talking to Trump are the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Chief of Staff of the Army, it seems likely he didn't talk to his generals. The Joint Chiefs are the highest ranking officers.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Seeing as how the two generals who denied talking to Trump are the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Chief of Staff of the Army, it seems likely he didn't talk to his generals. The Joint Chiefs are the highest ranking officers.

All of the Generals are under the Chief.
Trump is the Chief!
Military "experts" are not "all" necessarily Generals or active military servicemen.

Point is Trump did not name names of who he consulted with.
And just like Trump has said repeatedly; Fake News.

Fake News is speculation, Not facts. And once again, haters bite and start claiming he lied. Christians should be ashamed to jump on that band-wagon.

Prove it!

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

All of the Generals are under the Chief.
Trump is the Chief!
Military "experts" are not "all" necessarily Generals or active military servicemen.

Point is Trump did not name names of who he consulted with.
And just like Trump has said repeatedly; Fake News.

Fake News is speculation, Not facts. And once again, haters bite and start claiming he lied. Christians should be ashamed to jump on that band-wagon.

Prove it!

God Bless,
SBC

If Trump didn't consult with the Joint Chiefs, then he consulted with the wrong generals. Even he should know that.

Maybe he should have watched some West Wing before taking this job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If Trump didn't consult with the Joint Chiefs, then he consulted with the wrong generals. Even he should know that.

Maybe he should have watched some West Wing before taking this job.

So is that your "proof" he lied?
Your opinion of WHO the President can consult with and a TV program?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might point out that so far all you've offered is your opinion. And the points EpiscipalMe raised are valid points. If you have any sort of proof President Trump met with actual Generals then by all means, present it. :)

If he wasn't a Christian he couldn't post in these foras. Thems the rules around these parts. ;)

God Bless,
SBC
God Bless you also. :wave:
tulc(will watch for that list,with links, of Generals President Trump consulted this with) :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless,
SBC

The president can consult with anyone he wants. However, when it comes to military policy such as this, he is a fool if "the generals" he consults with do not include the Joint Chiefs.

And, I don't get all my info from the West Wing. I am just suggesting it might be good for him, since he doesn't like reading.

Incidentally, he keeps referring to "his generals." What about "his admirals?" Or, does the US Navy not count to President Trump?

As to be a Christian - yes, yes I am. However, I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion in particular.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I might point out that so far all you've offered is your opinion. And the points EpiscipalMe raised are valid points. If you have any sort of proof President Trump met with actual Generals then by all means, present it. :)

No. What I repeated is the OP.

FACTS!

The reporters name,
the reporters paraphrasing of Trump's statement.
The reporter paraphrasing of two Generals statements.
What Trump actually said.
What two Generals actually said.

Those are 3 individuals speaking for themselves.
And 1 reporter, that paraphrased and made his own conclusions, that did not accurately reveal the truth, which I disagree with his tactics.

I didn't challenge Trump's statement. I didn't challenge the two Generals statements.
I didn't call any of them liars.

You and another implied Trump was a liar. So what are your facts, to conclude Trump lied?

If he wasn't a Christian he couldn't post in these foras. Thems the rules around these parts. ;)

But, but, but, Are you or he just claiming you are Christian....good enough?

And yet you judge Trump claiming ^, is not .... good enough?

Why the double standard?

tulc(will watch for that list,with links, of Generals President Trump consulted this with) :oldthumbsup:

Watch for that list from who?

Why don't you write a letter to Mr. Trump and tell him you are entitled to know who he consults with? In the meantime, since you don't have all the facts, how is your testimony, calling him a liar, the truth?

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The president can consult with anyone he wants.

Precisely!

However, when it comes to military policy such as this, he is a fool if "the generals" he consults with do not include the Joint Chiefs.

How ever and When ever; The President can consult with anyone he wants!

And, I don't get all my info from the West Wing. I am just suggesting it might be good for him, since he doesn't like reading.

Perhaps if Mr President decides to consult with you, you can give him that brilliant advice. :)

Incidentally, he keeps referring to "his generals." What about "his admirals?" Or, does the US Navy not count to President Trump?

It must be frustrating when you don't believe what the President says, want him to talk about other things and not believe what he says anyway.

As to be a Christian - yes, yes I am. However, I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion in particular.

Well, I believe you, because you said so.
But by your own standard regarding Trump....well, :(

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0