Trump call to DOJ in Dec 2020: 'Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me'

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't condone sending of threats of violence to people.

I'm just highlighting that there is a clear distinction between saying that something is X vs there is a possiblility of X.
From my own perspective, I have never thought that a leak from the lab was "off the table" just unsupported by evidence.
At the time, Trump and some lackeys and this dude were selling this up as if it were the case.
They were over selling it and rightly criticised for that.

Trump likes to troll to be proven right after all the hoopla over him doing so. Was often the case throughout his presidential twitter career.

Upvote 0

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Based on data, not idle speculation…

“Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),
1 and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife,

So you are saying that they are pretty good at trolling us too?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Granted there were Trump supporters doing things they should not have done. I won't forget this either. Light security, invites into the capital, 1400 hours of video the press prefers not to look at, and of course the biggy...a failed impeachment (again) over it. I won't forget either.

Certainly all things that the GOP should be embarrassed and held accountable for... A pity they won't be.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Based on data, not idle speculation…

“Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),
1 and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife,

You're linking a statement false statement written by Peter Daszak, who was the person who drafted the false statement of the Lancet originally, and then tried to distance himself from it. "No need to sign the statement, Ralph!"

Again, in this statement, Daszak claims "no conflict of interest", when he is the fund recipient from the NIH that was doing collaborative gain of function research in Wuhan.

Read the actual article i had linked earlier. It talks all about how Daszak and especially this particular statement is compromised.

Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19 - The Lancet

You might as well have a statement from Trump as your proof the election was rigged.

• Friendly
Reactions: EndTimeTCC
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It would appear to many or most conservatives that the FBI had a leftist leaning. FISA abuse inferred this to be the case as special council John Duran indicated publicly in his "rare" response to such matter.
The issues with the way the Steele Dossier was presented as part of the reasoning for the electronic surveillance of Carter Page was because the FBI were eager to see if Carter was collaborating with the Russians. The FBI didn't care if Carter was a Republican or a Democrat. They were concerned about illegal collaboration with the Russians during the Russians campaign to interfere in the USA elections.

The fact that the investigation kept going under Special Republican Council speaks to transparency.
Despite all the attempts Trump made to shut it down

Robert Mueller got everything he wanted
He wanted Trump to testify, Trump refused. There were many things Mueller wanted but didn't get.

and could not produce a criminal referral of Trump to the DOJ.
Mueller was never going after D Trump. Because of DOJ guidelines Mueller quickly determined he was not going to indict the sitting president. Mueller was only investigating people in the Trump election campaign that weren't named Donald Trump.

The way I remember this is that the actual vote was not to allow NEW witnesses and NEW documentation into the hearing.
Do you remember that Trump's lawyers sent a message out to all of Trump's loyal people and instructed them not to provide testimony or documents?
The people with direct access to Trump refused to turn up to the House hearings.
The white house refused to provide the documents requested.

Republican Congressmen at various points publicly protested over their not allowing fair republican representation--you may not remember but it was well voiced by the reps...to the extent they formed a group to confront that publicly
This was pure political theatre.

Republicans were allowed into the House hearings. Many choose not to turn up because they weren't interested in investigating. When they all did the walkin, many of those doing the walkin were already allowed to be in the hearings. It was all just for show.

It was already well understood before the senate trial started that Trump would be acquitted
This part of your sentence is true.
It was well understood that the Republican Senators had no interest in investigating crimes by Trump. They were already determined to acquit

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ueller was never going after D Trump. Because of DOJ guidelines Mueller quickly determined he was not going to indict the sitting president. Mueller was only investigating people in the Trump election campaign that weren't named Donald Trump.

Is that why mainstream media was so depressed when they did not have anything on Trump?

Republicans were allowed into the House hearings. Many choose not to turn up because they weren't interested in investigating. When they all did the walkin, many of those doing the walkin were already allowed to be in the hearings. It was all just for show.

Do you have proof of this?

This part of your sentence is true.
It was well understood that the Republican Senators had no interest in investigating crimes by Trump. They were already determined to acquit

We are going to see this completely differently. But I would like an answer to proof that the republicans were just doing things for show not getting their due diligent chances with the congress on impeachment 1. See this is evidence they did not corporates and were healthy toward the process. Where is your proof that the reps were faking it?

Nadler denies minority hearing because it would 'delay' impeachment - YouTube

Impeachment hearing gets heated: Republicans demand a minority hearing day - YouTube

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is that why mainstream media was so depressed when they did not have anything on Trump?
This is a strange narrative. The media report the news, whichever way it goes.
They reported that the FBI was investigating Russian interference in the election.
They reported that the FBI was investigating potential collaboration with the Trump Campaign and the Russians
They reported Trump firing the head of the FBI
They reported the acting AG starting up a Special Council to continue the investigation and to include investigating obstruction.
They reported the DOJ guidelines of not indicting a sitting president
They reported the Special Council report.

Do you have proof of this?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-allowed-participate-closed-door-depositions/

Of the 197 Republicans in the House, 48 had authorization to attend the hearings, either by virtue of their positions or their membership on relevant committees. Of the 41 who signed on to the protest, led by Rep. Matt Gaetz, nearly a third could have just gone in and observed the hearing itself.

Overall, though, the distribution of the questioning is obvious. About 44 percent of the transcript is made up of questions or answers from Democratic members or staff. About 41 percent is from the Republicans. The remaining 15 percent was discussion and objections.

We are going to see this completely differently. But I would like an answer to proof that the republicans were just doing things for show not getting their due diligent chances with the congress on impeachment
The Impeachment Witnesses Not Heard (Published 2019)
With the White House defying the House, Mr. Mulvaney has refused to comply with a subpoena for his testimony while Mr. Giuliani, Mr. Pence and Mr. Pompeo have defied subpoenas for documents but not been asked for testimony. Mr. Bolton has declined an invitation to testify and has not been subpoenaed but is awaiting the result of a lawsuit filed by his former deputy, Charles M. Kupperman, asking a judge to decide whether he should listen to the House or the White House.

Another lawsuit seeking to force Donald F. McGahn II, the former White House counsel, to testify in response to an earlier House subpoena in a previous matter may be decided by a judge on Monday. But it too could be appealed, and Mr. Bolton’s lawyer has suggested that it might not apply to his client since there are separate national security concerns at stake.

In theory, if witnesses like Mr. Bolton do agree to testify or are compelled by a court, they could still be called before the Judiciary Committee. And for that matter, if the House does impeach Mr. Trump and sends the case to the Senate for a trial that would open sometime after the new year, additional witnesses could still be called then, too.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're linking a statement false statement written by Peter Daszak, who was the person who drafted the false statement of the Lancet originally, and then tried to distance himself from it. "No need to sign the statement, Ralph!"

Just quoting the article you posted, I would respond further, but it’s been pointed out that this thread is about a different conspiracy… the big lie.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The Russian collusion investigation had nothing to do with the "left"
The investigation was started by the FBI and continued by a Special Council employed by the Republican acting attorney general.
The investigate the investigators determined that the FBI was correct in starting this investigation and that it was not politically motivated.

I personally found the case presented against Donald Trump in the first impeachment compelling. It was very telling that the Republican Senators voted to not allow witnesses or document evidence to be used in their Senate "trial".
It seems to be that there is NOTHING that Trump could ever do to convince most Republican Senators to remove him from office, as long as Trump remains popular with his base and that his base is so loyal they will vote for whomever Trump endorses, this give Trump ultimate power over his Republican Senators hoping to be voted in for another term.
According to Trump's supporters, Trump can pardon and commute his elitist friends from crimes proven in court. Trump can pressure foreign countries to fabricate charges against is political opponents, Trump can incite violence against his VP, against his own Senators at Capitol Hill in order to subvert the confirmation of a democratic election, Trump can ask his AG to interfere into investigations and cases against himself and his elitist friends. It's pretty much anything goes. Trump supporters just want Trump to be in office at all costs.

And the investigation proved there was no collusion. There never was any real evidence if such.

And the actual impeachment was a joke. You may have found it compelling. I didn't. I found it politically motivated supported by the left.

Your post is proof positive of the leftist hatred. Trump did not invite any violence no matter how hard you twist his words.

It's getting old. He's gone yet the left can't let go of their hate. I'm tired of it. No more responses from me except to say how old and tiresome it all is.

• Friendly
Reactions: EndTimeTCC
Upvote 0

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a strange narrative. The media report the news, whichever way it goes.
They reported that the FBI was investigating Russian interference in the election.
They reported that the FBI was investigating potential collaboration with the Trump Campaign and the Russians
They reported Trump firing the head of the FBI
They reported the acting AG starting up a Special Council to continue the investigation and to include investigating obstruction.
They reported the DOJ guidelines of not indicting a sitting president
They reported the Special Council report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-allowed-participate-closed-door-depositions/

Of the 197 Republicans in the House, 48 had authorization to attend the hearings, either by virtue of their positions or their membership on relevant committees. Of the 41 who signed on to the protest, led by Rep. Matt Gaetz, nearly a third could have just gone in and observed the hearing itself.

Overall, though, the distribution of the questioning is obvious. About 44 percent of the transcript is made up of questions or answers from Democratic members or staff. About 41 percent is from the Republicans. The remaining 15 percent was discussion and objections.

The Impeachment Witnesses Not Heard (Published 2019)
With the White House defying the House, Mr. Mulvaney has refused to comply with a subpoena for his testimony while Mr. Giuliani, Mr. Pence and Mr. Pompeo have defied subpoenas for documents but not been asked for testimony. Mr. Bolton has declined an invitation to testify and has not been subpoenaed but is awaiting the result of a lawsuit filed by his former deputy, Charles M. Kupperman, asking a judge to decide whether he should listen to the House or the White House.

Another lawsuit seeking to force Donald F. McGahn II, the former White House counsel, to testify in response to an earlier House subpoena in a previous matter may be decided by a judge on Monday. But it too could be appealed, and Mr. Bolton’s lawyer has suggested that it might not apply to his client since there are separate national security concerns at stake.

In theory, if witnesses like Mr. Bolton do agree to testify or are compelled by a court, they could still be called before the Judiciary Committee. And for that matter, if the House does impeach Mr. Trump and sends the case to the Senate for a trial that would open sometime after the new year, additional witnesses could still be called then, too.

The media was visibly shaken and depressed Trump was not indicted. We were on that same planet back then...yes as hard to believe...we were on that same planet...together. You might enjoy this. It ribs Trump but is a social artifact that the media indeed had high expectations of Trump being guilty. Enjoy...its pretty good actually...and short...

(1) Soooo, Trump Was Right About No Collusion - YouTube

If you go to youtube and type in:

Jimmy Dore Show Reacts To Collapse Of Russiagate

...you have 6 videos right away you can assess to see just how not not happy the media was. THIS WAS A MAJOR EVENT. The media went through withdrawals due to Trump not being guilty. It is this sort of thing that if we are not aware (like I am totally aware there were many people literally worshipping Trump--and right wing TV has ideologues and Trump does have a harsh beast heel side for sure), they it is good to consider that there is perhaps a bit of overexposure to media on one side or the other...or could be. So just askin for a little consideration on the media fallout in 2018. Hey...at least it was currency for midterm election buyin. :)

. . . . .

I don't consider the Washington Post a valid news source. I would consider that propaganda like you might breitbart. However, I have seen The Hill swing both ways. In this take, DWS is another source I would not trust outright (she stepped down from DNC chair because of discovered favoritism in the downing of Bernie Sanders to escalate Hillary Clinton), and had this to say about the Republicans that barged their way into the closed door meetings:

the impeachment probe has "far too much fact for their comfort level, so they have to try to stop it from moving forward."

Yet there was grave concern as to why the secrecy and limit of exposure to only certain House members. I think the Hill does a better job. Besides to look up the Washington Post I would have to join and I won't pay for that kind of journalism. Also there was day after day after day of leaks from those SCIFs. I remember. They leaked like it was their job to leak. That is how they did business.

Republicans storm closed-door hearing to protest impeachment inquiry | TheHill

Another issue is the subpoena's. I think it is a smart person who will not submit themselves to a party with a vendetta. I think that is smart business. Would you? The dems should have gone to court to issue subpoenas in the congressional SCIF side roundup. And its great that Trump played the game of should it even be in the court. He's not going to pamper his enemies. And that should not be obstruction of justice (neither is if he passes gas in the next room). Too bad. Play hardball...deal with the consequences. This National Review article seems rather balanced. Or at least pokes at reality.

Trump Impeachment Trial: Subpoenas Not the Courts’ Business | National Review

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And the investigation proved there was no collusion. There never was any real evidence if such.

And the actual impeachment was a joke. You may have found it compelling. I didn't. I found it politically motivated supported by the left.

Your post is proof positive of the leftist hatred. Trump did not invite any violence no matter how hard you twist his words.

It's getting old. He's gone yet the left can't let go of their hate. I'm tired of it. No more responses from me except to say how old and tiresome it all is.

Thanks for coming on and sharing this. I was getting lonely...lol. Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
See, this right here is the beginning of the problem.

17 "mistakes" found (1 criminal indictment) in the FISA abuse report. Guess how many of those FAVORED TRUMP? Yeah, 0. Nothing to see here folks. That's the problem. Not appearance.

Upvote 0

EndTimeTCC

Aug 2, 2021
Van Nuys
✟14,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just quoting the article you posted, I would respond further, but it’s been pointed out that this thread is about a different conspiracy… the big lie.

But isn't the big lie what the statements infer that we are discussing about in this thread?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
17 "mistakes" found (1 criminal indictment) in the FISA abuse report. Guess how many of those FAVORED TRUMP? Yeah, 0. Nothing to see here folks. That's the problem. Not appearance.
Right, even when Trump wasn’t under investigation he’s still “the real victim” in it all.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The investigate the investigators said that the FBI was correct to open the investigation.
People investigate without knowing the answer If they knew the answer they wouldn't need to investigate.
There were plenty of instances of Trump campaign members dealing with the Russians.
Manafort sharing polling data with them. Trump Jr and more meeting up with Russians at Trump tower to get "dirt".
It just didn't rise to levels of criminality.

I would have been concerned if a Democrat president had done what Trump and Rudy had done.

Your post is proof positive of the leftist hatred.
I'm not on the left. I'm not in USA, I'm not affiliated with the Democratic Party, I don't vote for them.
In NZ, I mostly vote for the Right leaning party.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.