Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

A Nevada grand jury on Wednesday indicted six Republicans who submitted certificates to Congress falsely declaring Donald Trump the winner of the 2020 presidential election in their state, making Nevada the third to seek charges against so-called "fake electors."
"We cannot allow attacks on democracy to go unchallenged," Nevada's Democratic Attorney General Aaron Ford said in a statement Wednesday. "Today's indictments are the product of a long and thorough investigation, and as we pursue this prosecution, I am confident that our judicial system will see justice done."
The fake electors — involved in the state GOP or Clark County GOP — have been charged with offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument. Those two categories of felonies have penalties that range from one year up to either four or five years in prison.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dont suppose everyone notes the irony that the party who falsely cried voter fraud! appear to have been actually attempting to subvert the constitutional election process at the same time.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good thing they were just trying to illegally overturn a valid election and not doing something worse, like possessing a few oz of illegal drugs.

...or reading ":fearscream:" books to children.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont suppose everyone notes the irony that the party who falsely cried voter fraud! appear to have been actually attempting to subvert the constitutional election process at the same time.
Propaganda can wrap a false equivalence in a whataboutism.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That party is still working very hard to steal the 2024 election, with their attacks on voter rights, their instilling of 2020 election deniers into official election positions, their continued promotion of the big lie. They are setting themselves to do it all again, but this time, not to make the mistakes of 2020 that saw their attempts fail. And I'm sure Trump is looking to have a VP that will not hesitate to do as he demands come 2028.

Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
That party is still working very hard to steal the 2024 election, with their attacks on voter rights, their instilling of 2020 election deniers into official election positions, their continued promotion of the big lie. They are setting themselves to do it all again, but this time, not to make the mistakes of 2020 that saw their attempts fail. And I'm sure Trump is looking to have a VP that will not hesitate to do as he demands come 2028.
Assuming we get down the road of Trump not only winning, but serving for most of the term I think the elephant in the room is what happens next. Would he try to bulldoze over the 22nd Amendment or what? What if he starts " campaigning" again in 2027. What would the Republicans do in that scenario? Just let him do it or tell him to move on since he legally couldn't unless there's an Amendment?

A lot has to happen for this hypothetical but it's something I'm curious about.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Assuming we get down the road of Trump not only winning, but serving for most of the term I think the elephant in the room is what happens next. Would he try to bulldoze over the 22nd Amendment or what? What if he starts " campaigning" again in 2027. What would the Republicans do in that scenario? Just let him do it or tell him to move on since he legally couldn't unless there's an Amendment?

A lot has to happen for this hypothetical but it's something I'm curious about.
They seem to be happy with the insurrection, happy with the alternate electors scheme.
At the Republican primary debates, many of the candidates put their hand up and said they would vote for D Trump even if he was found guilty of crimes for stealing national secrets, for trying to steal the election, for financial fraud.

As long as he is popular with the Republican MAGA base, they seem OK with him doing crimes and things that are unconstitutional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums