Trump on tape asking county level election workers to not certify the results for Biden: "we'll get you lawyers"

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Breaking. Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote

Audio of a call with Trump and county level election canvasers in Michigan has been leaked. Trump asks them not to certify the election for Biden in exchange for legal representation.

Remember, Trump wants you to believe democrats were engaging in election interference while he was trying to rig it in his favor.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can hear Gomer Pyle's voice saying
"Surprise Surprise Surprise!" Lol

I suppose we'll be shocked when evidence against Mr Trump is finally revealed from all his felony charges. Maybe a few trumpers will even be shocked into regret for abandoning their powers of reasoning in their fealty.

I normally associate Donald with the Linda Ronstadt song "Poor Poor pitiful me." Now I'm hearing Ronstadt's classic cover "You're no good. I'm gonna say it again. You're no good You're no good You're no good." Donnie you're no good!

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Breaking. Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote

Audio of a call with Trump and county level election canvasers in Michigan has been leaked. Trump asks them not to certify the election for Biden in exchange for legal representation.

Remember, Trump wants you to believe democrats were engaging in election interference while he was trying to rig it in his favor.
What I don't get is why there are so many corrupt people willing to help him. Why did they go along with it, rather than tell him to go get stuffed.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can hear Gomer Pyle's voice saying
"Surprise Surprise Surprise!" Lol

I suppose we'll be shocked when evidence against Mr Trump is finally revealed from all his felony charges. Maybe a few trumpers will even be shocked into regret for abandoning their powers of reasoning in their fealty.
Not likely, it seems they think the DOJ, FBI, CIA, Judges, Supreme Court, everything and everyone is part of the "Deep State" and out to get him.
They certainly don't hear about any evidence against Trump on the news channels they are watching.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not likely, it seems they think the DOJ, FBI, CIA, Judges, Supreme Court, everything and everyone is part of the "Deep State" and out to get him.
They certainly don't hear about any evidence against Trump on the news channels they are watching.

Given time, Trump stumpers will eventually come back to reality. Even the respected Winston Churchill said of Americans: They always end up doing the right thing. But only after they exhaust all other options. I don't think fooling oneself about Mr Trump is sustainable for most of these people in the long run.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Given time, Trump stumpers will eventually come back to reality.
idk about that. I've been inside of or adjacent to his fundie base for a long time and IME, they never really "come back to reality" - they just swap one overhyped conspiracy-hocking leader for another. It's kind of like people at AA picking up smoking - sure it may be a better short term substitute, but it's not really fixing the underlying addiction issues. If the TrumpFans finally give up on Trump, I imagine they'll just move on to another quack rather than finally waking up.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Given we already knew Donald was making these phone calls, the interesting extra bit of info is the direct involvement of the head of the RNC was also involved in the conspiracy. It would be interesting to get her testimony if she was acting in an official capacity during the call.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
idk about that. I've been inside of or adjacent to his fundie base for a long time and IME, they never really "come back to reality" - they just swap one overhyped conspiracy-hocking leader for another. It's kind of like people at AA picking up smoking - sure it may be a better short term substitute, but it's not really fixing the underlying addiction issues. If the TrumpFans finally give up on Trump, I imagine they'll just move on to another quack rather than finally waking up.

I see what you are saying. I reckon I should qualify my statement by adding "those trumpers who are capable" of returning to reality. Some folks were a mess before Mr Trump exacerbated their manias. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump fans: "no comment".
1703276115761.png

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I see what you are saying. I reckon I should qualify my statement by adding "those trumpers who are capable" of returning to reality. Some folks were a mess before Mr Trump exacerbated their manias. Thanks.
I think part of the problem is that a lot of them are, essentially, just taking marching orders from whomever their favorite media personality is. Could be a tv/radio preacher; could be a news pundit; these days it could be a youtuber. That sounds kind of reductionist and patronizing, but I think it's largely true - or at least, they're taking their cues from folks they trust who are then taking it from media personalities. And the media personalities have learned that it's more profitable to be crazy and abandon whatever sense of decorum and propriety they used to have.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People like this older gentleman and the ladies. What in the world is going on?

1:12...mins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I can hardly believe that is real. I was ready to turn it off after those confused old ladies, but each interview was crazier than the last. At one of the rallies, the crowd was estimated at at least three to six Trump fans. Another one was with a guy that I'm fairly sure was in the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest hahaha. Thanks for the laugh. It is good medicine.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Apparently, there are lots and lots of folks just like that. I'm shocked by it but assume I was being naive to have thought otherwise.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can hardly believe that is real. I was ready to turn it off after those confused old ladies, but each interview was crazier than the last. At one of the rallies, the crowd was estimated at at least three to six Trump fans. Another one was with a guy that I'm fairly sure was in the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest hahaha. Thanks for the laugh. It is good medicine.
Someone.... is "poisoning the brain of our country".

Upvote 0