Brisbane
✟21,698.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just don't understand why I would expect more from the other side?

By now I should know what to expect?

Slow learner up top the mountain I guess? Or, just still holding out hope?

M-Bob
There's always going to be the spirit of Sanballat and Tobiah around unfortunately. But we can pray for the purposes of God to be accomplished.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I legit forgot that the crime boss was in Vietnam. It must tear him up that all the attention was off of him and on Cohen.
Ringo
Looks like Trump/Kim Date #2 lost in the ratings to the Cohen hearing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ended up having to vote, "Total Waste of Time," based on news reports out today:
U.S. officials negotiating North Korea’s denuclearization are no longer demanding a full accounting of the hermit nation’s nuclear and ballistic missile arsenals, according to an exclusive report from NBC News.

The reversal suggests U.S. officials believe fully denuclearizing North Korea is increasingly out of their grasp, a reality the intelligence community has suggested in recent weeks is increasingly likely. North Korea’s refusal to provide a full disclosure of its weapons tanked nuclear negotiations a decade ago.
source

While we can hope, I fear that any "agreement" will end up being like Trump cancelling the US-South Korea military annual exercises, where nothing is really given up by North Korea, just that they "promise" to look into getting rid of their nuclear program. In fact, the above article mentions North Korea might agree to shutter its Yongbyon nuclear reactor, which would give Pres. Trump a PR win, despite the fact they have other sites that can take over for any slack caused by the shuttering of Yongbyon -- so shuttering it would be a largely meaningless gesture.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"I just want to say: I have great respect for Chairman Kim, and I have great respect for his country," Trump told reporters as he sat at a table across from Kim in Hanoi. "And I believe it will be something -- hard to compete with for other countries. It has such potential."
Trump told reporters at the site of the meeting, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel, that "a lot of great ideas" are "being thrown about." He said that "when you have a good relationship, a lot of good things happen."

Trump conveys 'great respect' for Kim at sit-down, as North Korean leader compares scene to 'fantasy movie'

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We all know what (supposedly) happens on the second date.

The only difference in this case is that it's happening to this country instead of to Donny...
Ringo

When do I get my hush money?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When Obama was leaving office he told Trump that his biggest concern would be North Korea.

Yes, Trump tackles the big ones fast.

Wonder why Obama couldn't set any foundation?
Absolutely none!

M-Bob

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kim just stated that he would not even have came to the summit if he was not considering de-nuking.

Hope this doesn't make the naysayers get bellyaches.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump-Kim Summit: In Vietnam, the 2 Leaders Meet for Dinner

President Trump shook hands with Kim Jong-un on Wednesday night to kick off their second summit gathering. The two leaders are sitting down to a formal dinner with some of their top aides.

Formal talks between Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim, their second such meeting in eight months, will kick off on Thursday. The United States wants North Korea to dismantle its nuclear weapons program. The North Koreans are seeking numerous concessions, including an end to punishing sanctions.
• It is a critical moment for Mr. Trump, who vowed to “solve” the North Korea problem before his inauguration, and for Mr. Kim, who needs to make good on promises to nurture the North Korean economy.

Thought you might enjoy this video:

I surely did! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Another Trump failure that was apparent beforehand for everyone expect his base.

At least North Korea got great PR propaganda out of it by Kim sitting at the big table and not bending on denuclearization demands of impotent superpower.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"I just want to say: I have great respect for Chairman Kim, and I have great respect for his country," Trump told reporters as he sat at a table across from Kim in Hanoi.

I would pay hard cash to see you and your fellow Trump supporter's reactions if President Obama had been the one who had said that.

Upvote 0