• Doubtful

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Total waste of time

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I would pay hard cash to see you and your fellow Trump supporter's reactions if President Obama had been the one who had said that.
They were frothing at the mouth for Obama bowing for the japanese emperor, your ally, as protocol demanded.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By popular demand your favorite by fair and balanced Fox News.

NO DEAL: President Trump abruptly walked away from negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Vietnam with no deal and headed back to Washington, saying the U.S. is unwilling to meet Kim's' demand of lifting all sanctions on the rogue regime without first securing its meaningful commitment to denuclearization ... Trump, speaking in Hanoi, said the U.S. asked Kim to do more regarding his intentions to denuclearize and “he was unprepared to do that.” “Sometimes you have to walk,” Trump said.

....successful negotiations requires one to appreciate the perspective of the other party -- and the N. Korean perspective has been known for a few decades. Slathering fake praise won't get it done.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
"I just want to say: I have great respect for Chairman Kim, and I have great respect for his country," Trump told reporters as he sat at a table across from Kim in Hanoi. "And I believe it will be something -- hard to compete with for other countries. It has such potential."
Trump told reporters at the site of the meeting, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel, that "a lot of great ideas" are "being thrown about." He said that "when you have a good relationship, a lot of good things happen."

Trump conveys 'great respect' for Kim at sit-down, as North Korean leader compares scene to 'fantasy movie'
Funny cause North Korea is probably one of the ****holiest countries on the planet....

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The art of the deal should have a section about reasonable expectations. We are never going to get a "deal" with North Korea that includes their dismantling their nuclear program.

Surprise surprise, the country that we threatened with nuclear war just a year ago is the same country that refuses to give up their nuclear weapons??? Who would have thunk??? :doh:

We could give NK 100% of everything they want and they still would not give up their nuclear weapons. Obama knew just as everyone but Trump knows... NK has one and only one commodity to trade on... and that is their instability. They have been trading on "the threat of their developing a nuclear program" for decades. And decades from now, they will still be trading on it...

So, prior to Obama NK did not have nuclear weapons?
Prior to Obama NK did not engage in saber rattling?
Prior to Obama the US and NK had a great relationship?

I know i know, it is much easier to save face by changing history and warping reality rather than deal with the truth.

The Truth is President Trump got played on the world stage by a tin pot dictator.

Funny, Trump goes to NK and tries to make a deal after threatening nuclear war... and GOP types support him.

Obama actually makes a deal with Iran, a deal that our European allies supported, and the Neo Conservatives in the US and Trump tore that deal up???

Gotta be honest, GOP is not looking all that good right now, looks like they have no clue on how to engage in global politics.

You can try to spin this any way you like, but there is too much egg on Trump's face on this one to "explain away".
That Iran deal is still in effect, even if the USA is trying its best to bully europe into breaking it.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
This thread is a perfect example of the false reality some Trump supporters dwell in. They start by talking about how great a negotiator Trump is for being able to meet with Kim - and the expectation that he will reach a deal, only to call it a success when they don't even come close to accomplishing anything.

Moreover, Trump's constant praise of a brutal dictator is disgusting in of itself. What's even worse is his supporters cheering it on. As many have stated, had Obama heaped 1/10 of the praise on Kim Jong Un that Trump has, we would still be hearing about it to this day, as they would have called him a traitor and a coward.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This thread is a perfect example of the false reality some Trump supporters dwell in. They start by talking about how great a negotiator Trump is for being able to meet with Kim - and the expectation that he will reach a deal, only to call it a success when they don't even come close to accomplishing anything.

Moreover, Trump's constant praise of a brutal dictator is disgusting in of itself.....
Trump actually thinks he can "turn" Kim via flattery and murmurs of respect. Probly because he loves those things so much himself.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Moreover, Trump's constant praise of a brutal dictator is disgusting in of itself. What's even worse is his supporters cheering it on. As many have stated, had Obama heaped 1/10 of the praise on Kim Jong Un that Trump has, we would still be hearing about it to this day, as they would have called him a traitor and a coward.

That was back in the day when being a traitor and a coward were considered deal-breakers for being president...

• Haha
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"I just want to say: I have great respect for Chairman Kim, and I have great respect for his country," Trump told reporters as he sat at a table across from Kim in Hanoi. "And I believe it will be something -- hard to compete with for other countries. It has such potential."
Trump told reporters at the site of the meeting, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel, that "a lot of great ideas" are "being thrown about." He said that "when you have a good relationship, a lot of good things happen."

Trump conveys 'great respect' for Kim at sit-down, as North Korean leader compares scene to 'fantasy movie'
I'm curious Bob. Do you respect a man like Kim Jong Un?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama sure did see a lot of rockets flying out of North Korea.

Anybody seen any lately?

M-Bob
They don't need rockets when they've already won over the respect of the American president. Donald Trump has made Kim Jong Un North Korea's greatest, most respected leader in their entire history.

From their perspective, they've already won.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They don't need rockets when they've already won over the respect of the American president. Donald Trump has made Kim Jong Un North Korea's greatest, most respected leader in their entire history.

From their perspective, they've already won.
He has also managed to make me personally respect Kim Jong Un as a top notch leader and diplomat, shrewdly playing his hand for maximum effect. I'm sure that many other non-north-koreans share this sentiment.

When "little rocketman" got into office, he was mostly laughed at and the subject of jokes about his weight and his unflattering hairstyle. I haven't heard any jokes about him lately, except by the supporters of the president that enabled this image makeover.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If Obama had complimented Kim and the NK state, you guys would have been calling him a traitor and howling for his impeachment. You know how I know this? Because Obama DID once say he would be willing to meet with Kim, and the response from the right was brutal. The same people praising Trump now were shouting about how weak and appeasing Obama was just for suggesting it.
Yeah... But is this really a surprise to anyone?

It's our own fault really for having such high expectations of consistency here.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What a morning joke reading some of the replies here on this thread.

Stop scaring the little children and the poor goats.

Kim expected too much and Trump walked. If Trump would not have walked now we would be hearing how he got taken in by Kim.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

The general public with a little bit of sense is laughing at you all. You are so predictable.

Anti Trump no matter what.

If Trump walked on water you would say it was a bad thing.

If Trump stopped all of the poverty in the world you would say that ain't Fair.

M-Bob
Face it, Bob. You've been had.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What a morning joke reading some of the replies here on this thread.

Stop scaring the little children and the poor goats.

Kim expected too much and Trump walked. If Trump would not have walked now we would be hearing how he got taken in by Kim.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

The general public with a little bit of sense is laughing at you all. You are so predictable.

Anti Trump no matter what.

If Trump walked on water you would say it was a bad thing.

If Trump stopped all of the poverty in the world you would say that ain't Fair.

M-Bob

The “walking” Trump performed was with his tail between his legs...

Upvote 0