✟830,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
HE'S COMING FOR YOUR GUNS NEXT!

Those who possess the devices, which make it easier to fire rounds from a semi-automatic weapon by harnessing the gun's recoil to "bump" the trigger faster, will have 90 days to turn in or otherwise destroy them from the date that the final rule is published in the federal register -- likely this Friday -- according to senior DOJ officials.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Can't have em!! I don't need a bump stock anyway so I really don't care. Then again, I may need one if zombies were to attack, I really think it could handy when a hoard comes through.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
HE'S COMING FOR YOUR GUNS NEXT!

Those who possess the devices, which make it easier to fire rounds from a semi-automatic weapon by harnessing the gun's recoil to "bump" the trigger faster, will have 90 days to turn in or otherwise destroy them from the date that the final rule is published in the federal register -- likely this Friday -- according to senior DOJ officials.

No one cares about bump stocks.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many on the right would truly stand behind this decision if it were Hillary making the call.

Wasn’t Obama supposed to be the gun grabber? Heck, he is the one that allowed people to get bump stocks.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many on the right would truly stand behind this decision if it were Hillary making the call.

What a perceptive question. I haven't heard a word of outrage from the right or even the NRA ----- yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, as for this gun owner I am glad that this happened before the Dems take over the House. There are those who need to realize that Reps. can be reasonable about gun control and others need to see that some controls are just responsible.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, as for this gun owner I am glad that this happened before the Dems take over the House. There are those who need to realize that Reps. can be reasonable about gun control and others need to see that some controls are just responsible.

Yes, but screeching "Donald's grabbing our guns!!!!!" is far more entertaining to watch.

Alas, such hysterics only happen when the Dems are in power... the right willingly surrenders its guns to the GOP.

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
none

The Congress refused to pass this as law because of the wingnuts in the House. So, Trump does it by Executive Order.

The same is happening on the government shutdown. Trump would rather deal with Pelosi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I wonder as well. I am not a conservative or a liberal or really even a moderate. I develop my views on various issues over time and will change my views as I see fit. I try (but sometimes fail) to see politicians and candidates as individuals. Some of their ideas I support and others I do not.

As I said in another post on this topic I am glad the bump stock is banned. I find them as stupid and useless as ax attachments for ARs (Yeah, I actually saw one on a range one day).

As someone who owns and trains with AR rifles I find bump stocks useless. They are for the less mature who want something that goes 'bang' very fast. Firecrackers and/or a cap gun is better. It is cheaper and it is safer for all involved.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but screeching "Donald's grabbing our guns!!!!!" is far more entertaining to watch.

Alas, such hysterics only happen when the Dems are in power... the right willingly surrenders its guns to the GOP.
There is a big difference between guns and bump stocks though. Until Las Vegas I had never even heard of a bump stock and many other gun owners hadn't either.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
none

The Congress refused to pass this as law because of the wingnuts in the House. So, Trump does it by Executive Order.

The same is happening on the government shutdown. Trump would rather deal with Pelosi.
What EO? The DOJ, reclassified them as they convert a semi-automatic basically into a machine guns, which are illegal.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Better late than never.
I found this to be interesting. It appears that the NRA had requested that bump stocks be reevaluated.

Trump said in October he told the National Rifle Association that "bump stocks are gone," but how the group responds to the final rule remains to be seen. A spokesperson for the NRA said in October 2017 that the ATF "should review bump-fire stocks to ensure they comply with federal law," but made clear it opposed the broader gun-control legislation raised by some in Congress.
Trump administration officially bans bump stocks - CNNPolitics

They don't comply with federal law...

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What EO? The DOJ, reclassified them as they convert a semi-automatic basically into a machine guns, which are illegal.

The more fundamental point stands, however. Congress could have done this, but Republicans largely lacked the courage to go against the NRA (or their own understanding of the 2nd Amendment). So the executive branch had to act/take any heat.

• Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0