Trump says on Univision that if he wins, he is allowed to weaponize FBI, DOJ against his political enemies

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is that what you're saying? Parents angry about their curriculum and shouting at dismissive school board members who are lying to them about what is being taught is "domestic terrorism"?
the initial missive to Mr. Biden, which said violent and malicious acts against public school officials could "be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

That's what the law says.

The letter came to the home of Brenda Sheridan, a Loudoun County, Virginia school board member, addressed to one of her adult children. It threatened to kill them both unless she left the board.

“It is too bad that your mother is (bleep) said the hand-scrawled note, which the family read just after Christmas. “If she doesn’t quit or resign before the end of the year, we will kill her, but first, we will kill you!”
While school controversies are traditionally local, these threats often come from people out of state with no connection to the districts involved. They are part of a rising national wave of threats to public officials – including election officials and members of Congress – citing an array of grievances, often underpinned by apocalyptic conspiracy theories alleging “treason” or “tyranny.”

About half the hostile messages documented by Reuters were sent to Sheridan, former chair of the Loudoun County, Virginia, school board, amid controversies over coronavirus protections, anti-racism efforts and bathroom policy. Twenty-two messages sent to Sheridan or the entire board included death threats or said members should be or would be killed.

In June, she received a threat saying: “Brenda, I am going to gut you like the fat(bleep) pig you are when I find you.”

The message, like the letter to her home, also threatened her children. Reuters agreed not to publish any personal details about Sheridan’s family members, at her request, because of her continuing safety concerns.

Board members in Pennsylvania’s Pennsbury school district received racist and anti-Semitic emails from around the country from people angry over the district’s diversity efforts. One said: “This why hitler threw you(bleep) in a gas chamber.”

Ya think?

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When you send federal agents after parents who disagree with the political agenda you're pushing in schools...
That hasn't been proven, nor shown in the links you provided.
Most people's political beliefs aren't a matter of evidence or consideration, but generally just desire to feel like a team member....about 95% certain of it.
Most? not all?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did a single prosecution come from these efforts?

How many would you like to see?

It appears that people took advantage of your trust in them...

On Oct. 4, 2021, Attorney General Merrick Garland sent a five-paragraph memo to the FBI and federal prosecutors acknowledging a "disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence" against school officials. Garland directed the FBI to hold meetings across the country and bring together government leaders to discuss strategies to address those threats.

"While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views," Garland wrote.

The memo focused on criminal conduct, not parents’ views about COVID-19 policies or school curriculum.

The memo led to misinformation such as the debunked claim that parents who "challenge school curriculums" were being labeled "domestic terrorists."

A Trump-nominated judge dismissed a case by parents challenging the memo. The judge concluded that the memo does not target protected conduct under the Constitution and covers only criminal conduct.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
the initial missive to Mr. Biden, which said violent and malicious acts against public school officials could "be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

Which was so unbelievably stupid they had to retract it when the letter got leaked.

That's what the law says.

Uh huh...they catch any terrorists?

The letter came to the home of Brenda Sheridan, a Loudoun County, Virginia school board member, addressed to one of her adult children. It threatened to kill them both unless she left the board.

“It is too bad that your mother is (bleep) said the hand-scrawled note, which the family read just after Christmas. “If she doesn’t quit or resign before the end of the year, we will kill her, but first, we will kill you!”
While school controversies are traditionally local, these threats often come from people out of state with no connection to the districts involved. They are part of a rising national wave of threats to public officials – including election officials and members of Congress – citing an array of grievances, often underpinned by apocalyptic conspiracy theories alleging “treason” or “tyranny.”

About half the hostile messages documented by Reuters were sent to Sheridan, former chair of the Loudoun County, Virginia, school board, amid controversies over coronavirus protections, anti-racism efforts and bathroom policy. Twenty-two messages sent to Sheridan or the entire board included death threats or said members should be or would be killed.

In June, she received a threat saying: “Brenda, I am going to gut you like the fat(bleep) pig you are when I find you.”

The message, like the letter to her home, also threatened her children. Reuters agreed not to publish any personal details about Sheridan’s family members, at her request, because of her continuing safety concerns.

You talking about the school board that covered up a rape? Then lied about the rape to the father of the victim's face? Then transferred the rapist to another school where he raped another girl?

Honestly, the nerve of these parents to get upset at their children being raped in school and then dismissed as bigots and terrorists for it.

Great point. You're doing good. Don't quit now.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That's an arrest. I asked if anyone was prosecuted. Also, it doesn't mention any FBI involvement with this case...which further proves there was no need to send the FBI.

Again, an arrest...but at least the FBI was definitely involved. Congratulations to the FBI for snagging this one. Did he get off or not? I'm curious how that autism/mental illness defense works when the FBI call you a terrorist.

This one is well after the FBI abandoned the whole thing tmk. It was too stupid and they weren't able to convince most people with functioning brains this was terrorism.

But more to the point...doesn't appear the FBI were involved with this and there's no conviction. We don't know what happened...but we do know the FBI weren't necessary. Ty.

How many would you like to see?

Well you got one. I'm impressed.

If one thinks this is a worthwhile application of the FBI's resources....I'd like to see a ball park of 20-30 terrorists.

As it stands you have one mentally disabled man who lives with his parents and he isn't facing any terrorism charges from the looks of it.

I'll be reasonable....can you find three terrorists?

It appears that people took advantage of your trust in them...

On Oct. 4, 2021, Attorney General Merrick Garland sent a five-paragraph memo to the FBI and federal prosecutors acknowledging a "disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence" against school officials. Garland directed the FBI to hold meetings across the country and bring together government leaders to discuss strategies to address those threats.

"While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views," Garland wrote.

I actually agree with Garland. Threats are entirely inappropriate. Is it an FBI matter? No.

The memo focused on criminal conduct, not parents’ views about COVID-19 policies or school curriculum.

I see...this wasn't about curriculum or policy or anything. These people were just all mad at nothing lol.

The memo led to misinformation such as the debunked claim that parents who "challenge school curriculums" were being labeled "domestic terrorists."

Uh huh.

A Trump-nominated judge dismissed a case by parents challenging the memo. The judge concluded that the memo does not target protected conduct under the Constitution and covers only criminal conduct.

Sure but if you read the articles you can clearly see they're upset about curriculums and policy changes. They weren't making these threats for no reason.

It also appears entirely unnecessary have involved the FBI. You didn't find a single terrorist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I actually agree with Garland. Threats are entirely inappropriate. Is it an FBI matter? No.
Turns out, the FBI is tasked with enforcing federal laws against terrorism. So yes.

As you see, local police also deal with terroristic threats.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure but if you read the articles you can clearly see they're upset about curriculums and policy changes. They weren't making these threats for no reason.
Turns out the law doesn't specify what reasons terrorists have.
You didn't find a single terrorist.
All of those fit the legal definition of terrorism.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Turns out those people weren't charged with terrorism.

As much as I trust and value your wild guesses....I don't think it does. You haven't found a single terrorist the FBI convicted in this totally nothing to do with drastic policy or educational changes at school protests.

We can also talk about the demonizing of people who wanted keep their businesses open while BLM mobs were given free reign to protest in the streets....

But that's really more of a state by state thing and less about the feds.

How are those cities doing these days btw?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You talking about the school board that covered up a rape?
I'm talking about where terrorists sent death threat and anti-Semitic hate messages to school board members and their families.

The Barbarian said:

Honestly, the nerve of these parents to get upset at their children being raped
The threats were to kill them. Read it again.
As much as I trust and value your wild guesses....I don't think it does.
Well, let's take a look...

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A)
involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i)
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii)
to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii)
to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C)
occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States; and

(6) the term “military force” does not include any person that—
(A) has been designated as a—
(i)
foreign terrorist organization by the Secretary of State under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1189); or
(ii)
specially designated global terrorist (as such term is defined in section 594.310 of title 31, Code of Federal Regulations) by the Secretary of State or the Secretary of the Treasury; or
(B)
has been determined by the court to not be a “military force”.

Might be different where you live, but this is how it is in the United States.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I would think a significant portion of terroristic activity/threats have a political motivation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump sidesteps question when asked if he plans to abuse power if reelected

“I’m going to be, you know he keeps, we love this guy, he says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’ I said, ‘No, no, other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling.’ After that I’m not a dictator,” Trump said.

Trump clarifies that he only wants to be a dictator for one day only.

Contradicting allies, Trump again talks up his ‘dictator’ plans

Republicans insisted that Donald Trump was kidding about creating a "Day One" dictatorship. The former president then made clear that he was quite serious.

“[Peter] Baker today in the New York Times said that I want to be a dictator,” Trump said, referencing an article from the newspaper’s chief White House correspondent.

“I didn’t say that. I said I want to be a dictator for one day."

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump clarifies that he only wants to be a dictator for one day only.

Contradicting allies, Trump again talks up his ‘dictator’ plans

What Trump Fans hear when Trump says dictator.

Trump backers laugh off, cheer ‘dictator’ comments, as scholars voice alarm

“A lot of us Trump people get it, but he was trying to fool with the media, he did that on purpose.” said Carson, a 53-year-old caucus captain from Davenport attending Trump’s speech here on Wednesday. “He just done that because he knew the news would go crazy with it.”

“I love it,” said a woman in her 50s from northwest Iowa who spoke on the condition that she be identified only as Sue. “My kids call me a dictator, I thought my parents were dictators … He said he was only going to do it for a day. Like if you had a home that was in disrepair and your parents came in and they were firm and they wanted to get it done, and when you got done you had this beautiful home, how could you be mad?”

“Will we be president in 10 years? Only if we add a couple of terms,” [Trump] mused at a 2020 rally in Atlanta. He then gestured to the press, and mocked, “There’s your breaking news: ‘I told you he’s a dictator … he will not give up power … he intends to serve at least two more terms.’”

He added: “You can’t joke because if you joke they take it away. … They always cut it before the laugh. They cut it so that they think, ‘He’s serious.’”

The crowd responded by chanting “12 more years!”

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What Trump Fans hear when Trump says dictator.

Trump backers laugh off, cheer ‘dictator’ comments, as scholars voice alarm

“A lot of us Trump people get it, but he was trying to fool with the media, he did that on purpose.” said Carson, a 53-year-old caucus captain from Davenport attending Trump’s speech here on Wednesday. “He just done that because he knew the news would go crazy with it.”

“I love it,” said a woman in her 50s from northwest Iowa who spoke on the condition that she be identified only as Sue. “My kids call me a dictator, I thought my parents were dictators … He said he was only going to do it for a day. Like if you had a home that was in disrepair and your parents came in and they were firm and they wanted to get it done, and when you got done you had this beautiful home, how could you be mad?”

“Will we be president in 10 years? Only if we add a couple of terms,” [Trump] mused at a 2020 rally in Atlanta. He then gestured to the press, and mocked, “There’s your breaking news: ‘I told you he’s a dictator … he will not give up power … he intends to serve at least two more terms.’”

He added: “You can’t joke because if you joke they take it away. … They always cut it before the laugh. They cut it so that they think, ‘He’s serious.’”

The crowd responded by chanting “12 more years!”
When they tell you who they are, believe them.

More and more conservative commentators are realizing electing Donald isn't worth getting rid of President Biden if those two are the nominees.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Why are you supporting someone other than former President Donald Trump? As someone who worked with his campaign in 2020 and has been a supporter since 2016, I have been asked this question with some regularity.

This is not a decision I take lightly. I am committed to the conservative cause and have given blood, sweat and tears to President Trump’s efforts in 2016 and 2020. However, it has become clear that the Republican Party will be better served by nominating someone other than Trump in 2024."

Conservative commentator Max Boot on Monday explained why he believes there’s “no choice” but to back President Joe Biden — who he described as a “feeble vessel at best” — over Donald Trump in a potential 2024 election rematch.

The Washington Post writer said he’d “relaxed a bit” following recent Democratic victories, but warned “now we’re back in Crazytown” as momentum builds for the former president becoming the Republican 2024 nominee with an “excellent” chance of winning back the White House.

Trump is currently leading the Republican field by double digits, even as the indictments stack up against him.

Boot suggested Trump would likely be “10 times more dangerous this time around, because he won’t allow any adults in the White House to act as a check on his worst instincts.”

“Biden is a feeble vessel at best, but he’s the only realistic option we have,” he wrote. “It’s true that he is 80 years old (and would be 82 at the start of a new term), and he often stumbles rhetorically and sometimes physically. But his successful performance in office belies his doddering image.”

“Anyone who believes in preserving American democracy and the U.S.-led world order, therefore, has no choice but to back Biden in 2024, however uninspiring that might be,” Boot added.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump calls political enemies ‘vermin,’ echoing dictators Hitler, Mussolini

Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a historian at New York University, said in an email to The Washington Post that “calling people 'vermin’ was used effectively by Hitler and Mussolini to dehumanize people and encourage their followers to engage in violence.”
see also: "poisoning our blood"

‘Trump Knows What He’s Doing’ -- Hitler Comparison Is Apt, says Mike Godwin

“Trump’s opening himself up to the Hitler comparison,” Godwin said in an interview. And in his view, Trump is actively seeking to evoke the parallel.

Trump made almost identical comments in an interview with the far-right website The National Pulse in November, around the same time Trump also called his political opponents “vermin” — all rhetoric that Hitler used to disparage Jews.

“You could say the ‘vermin’ remark or the ‘poisoning the blood’ remark, maybe one of them would be a coincidence,” Godwin said. “But both of them pretty much make it clear that there’s something thematic going on, and I can’t believe it’s accidental.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's instructive that Trump is trying to avoid jail by pleading executive privilege for crimes he committed in office at the same time, he's promising to weaponize the Justice Department to go after Biden for thing Biden did that he didn't like.

I suppose that will come up in the court proceedings at some point. Apparently, he thinks executive privilege only exists for himself.

Upvote 0