• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trouble Grasping Reality

Barricade24

Feb 3, 2012
In a Chair
✟8,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, for quite a while now, my mind has been very defective sort of speak. My grasp on reality is severally down and almost non-existent. I am seeing a councilor but I don't think we have dwelled to deep into this issue yet. I noticed is especially strong after I wake up, which you would expect it to be more rested but ironically, it is worse.

I don't know if I am just thinking too much or what has lead to my mind being this way. Has anyone else experienced things like this?

ladyjazz

Apr 16, 2014
Michigan USA
✟8,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I struggled with severe anxiety in the morning. Its odd, and terrible. But i have not suffered what u have. I have seen medicines help w your issue. How r ur meds and have u shared this w ur counselor? Also, i recommend CHRISTIAN. counsel, as they understand the spiritual aspects of mental illness. I will pray for u!

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I am worried for you. What do you mean that you have trouble distinguishing reality sometimes?

If you give us more information we can try to help you.

Put on the full armor of God first thing in the morning, here are the verses;

The Whole Armor of God
" Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication."

I'll be praying for you.

Say the above prayer/verses every morning.

Upvote 0