mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,466.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus is God. He clearly taught that saying before abraham was I am. Then the Jews took up stones to stone Him. For I am was the God mentioned by the prophets and said to Moses to declare the name to others that I am has sent you.

The bible is clear Jesus is God He is the word as book of proverbs says about a person later asking what is His Son name that He was beside Him as master craftsman when foundations were laid meaning because God is in totality His invisible full glory being the Father not fully known without His word character to get image that one can not know directly His full being now having to know more being invisible known as Father without knowing the Son and God also has a Spirit being the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of the Son which is person therefore given to believers to know Son closer.

John 1:1-5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

If Jesus was not God He could not atone for man sins which are unlimited in magnitude because it is against God who is infinite in holiness becoming infinite debt there would be no need even for Him to come if anyone could pay for sins against God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,466.00
Faith
Christian
He said that because the man saw Jesus as just a guide a good teacher that by goodness one can go to heaven but to make him see to know He is God.

Because God the Father is the invisible glory that remains in heaven and He sent His Son His word in a human body as come a man to die though He is God that others may believe to know God.

I have shown you verses but you don’t care to sidetrack to not care for truth to allow to mislead which show He is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm reaching out today because I'm experiencing a personal struggle that I hope to get some insight and support on. I have been actively participating in the 12-step program, and it's been a transformative journey for me. One of the most significant steps I've taken is surrendering my life and will over to a Higher Power to God. This decision has been life-changing, and I've experienced a sense of peace and renewal I never thought possible.

However, I recently encountered a challenging situation. A Christian individual shared with me their belief that my devotion to God alone is not enough, and that I need to specifically devote myself to Jesus in order to be saved from eternal damnation. They stated that, without accepting Jesus as my savior, I would be destined to burn in hell. This comment has deeply troubled me, and I'm feeling conflicted and confused.

I want to make it clear that my experience with the 12-step program has been incredibly positive, and surrendering to God has brought about meaningful change in my life. Yet, the idea of not being "enough" in my devotion weighs heavily on my heart. I'm unsure how to reconcile this dilemma.
The 12 steps programs seem to aim to be religiously and spiritually neutral, rather than dogmatic, for they are more about turning your life over to God as you understand him. I read of people who have found versions of the 12 steps helpful. John White, a christian psychiatrist wrote a book Changing on the Inside and gave a version of 12 steps, and he acknowledged AA 12 steps has helped people.

Here's a couple of webpages that shows how the 12 Steps correlate with christian principles

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
A couple weeks ago I found two pieces of paper that said “Jesus save me now”. I should stop looking at myself and look to Jesus. Looking to myself will never provide solutions.
Instead of trying to visualize yourself as a place of perfection before God can do any work in you, you actually need to see yourself as wretched and ask Jesus to come into "this wretched heart" There's nothing you can do. Only when you come to the realization before God that you're wretched soul needs to be saved can you receive anything from Him.
It may be hard to hear but its true. Everyone is wretched and that's the kind of heart God wants. When people think they have to be perfect before God, that's where all the problems come from. I'm wretched also. Jesus died for our sins so He could come into our broken hearts. You have to realize that before you receive anything from Him.

Upvote 0