To tithe, or not to tithe. That is the question!

Should Christians tithe?

• Yes, we should give 10%.

• No, we should give whatever the Lord Places upon our hearts.

• No, we should not give anything to the church.

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GodismySalvation

I give/tithe whatever to my ex because he is a pastor and has a very small income and a lot of debts. Last year God said I'd give him 50 euro, I hadn't even given it, but already decided to and got 500 from someone else the same week. I had very little myself, ate bread and cheese each day for dinner myself, but since I started tithing in this manner, I'm out of financial problems and can supply for the kids. Another blessing: I never buy clothes for myself, much too expensive. I got clothes from someone for the kids and a G star for myself which I would never buy, even if I had the money.
Amen. :clap:

Upvote 0

GaryArnold

May 10, 2010
USA
Visit site
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I started tithing out of obedience to Him and His word, and I've had blessing after blessing as you have.

PLEASE give me the scripture to back this up. Show me, in His Word, where we are to tithe from our income. Show me, in His Word, where we are to tithe money. Show me, in His Word, where God EVER changed His command to take His tithe to the Levites, to take His tithe to the church.

If I am wrong, PLEASE correct me WITH SCRIPTURE.

Otherwise, I have to conclude that you don't know what you are talking about.

Upvote 0
G

GodismySalvation

Tithing has been a great blessing in my life. I didn't see it at first, but I kept getting the leading to follow my pastor and other spiritual leaders on this. That was many years ago. God will use the faithfulness, faith and proven stewardship that tithing entails to bring great blessing into your life. What you do on small scale is exactly what you will do with greater amounts.
Many believers disqualify themselves from God's best over this area. Tithing as a grudging obligation would be going back to the law. But tithing as worship and obedience is an act of faith and as such it pleases the Lord.
My wife and I were in poverty when we began to tithe. We had to have government assistance for awhile. But we began to tithe when we were poor. It didn't all change over night, but soon enough, our lives improved. Doors of opportunity opened for us and continued to open over the years.
Today my annual tithe is three times what my annual income was that first year. I give glory to God.
There aren't many who truly tithe these days, and there are many bitter Christians who can't sit still or remain civil when the subject comes up. What does this tell us about their heart?
If you know God is leading you in this, then look to the Word and the testimony of the many good pastors and teachers who can encourage you. Don't let the internet naysayers discourage you. God is faithful, and He is a rewarder of them who diligently seek Him.
Amen. :clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.