Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You're grasping for air sense you're unable to present any evidence at all to substantiate your claims. Give me your evidence, show me what you have to substantiate your claims.
Please, now that is a false claim and flame. You made a gross error. You seem to know it and resented the correction.

What do you need evidence for? I will gladly supply it. Of course so far you do not appear to understand the nature of evidence either.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You're grasping for air sense you're unable to present any evidence at all to substantiate your claims. Give me your evidence, show me what you have to substantiate your claims.
scalcs.gif

I see that you added a fictitious chart. As I said you do not appear to understand the nature of evidence.

Would you like to go over what is and what is not evidence first? What good would it do for me to supply you with evidence when you do not understand the concept?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Bishop Ussher's book has over 12,000 footnotes to secular sources in addition to the over 2,000 references we read in our Bible. There is abundant historical evidence that Abraham, Isaac & Jacob were historical figures. There actually is overwhelming evidence to that effect. The deniers clearly have some sort of personal and unscientific agenda they are wanting to promote because they are not willing to go where the evidence is taking them.
Once again, what is this supposed evidence?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you need evidence for?
Show me your evidence that the forest in Arizona and the dinosaurs in New Mexico were NOT destroyed in a flood. Show me your evidence that there was no flood when Pangea was destroyed.

We are looking at the whole rocky mountains. This is all about subduction the area of science that you claim to be an expert in. We are looking at the remains of the dinosaurs in the Rocky Mountains and what their cause of death was. In this case at the Ghost Ranch they died in a flood.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see that you added a fictitious chart.
Again you have no evidence. You LOVE to make claims that you have nothing to back them up. Show me your evidence that Bishop Ussher's book is not accurate. Trace down the 12,000 footnotes and show me where there is any error. Show me your evidence that the Bible is not accurate as history. We have over 100 years of archeology evidence that shows the Bible is 100% accurate and true.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Show me your evidence that the forest in Arizona and the dinosaurs in New Mexico were NOT destroyed in a flood. Show me your evidence that there was no flood when Pangea was destroyed.

That is a ridiculous request that has nothing to do with your claims. There always have been floods. Finding deposits in the past that were the result of a flood only shows that you have evidence of an ancient flood, nothing more. Once again you you do not understand the nature of evidence.

We are looking at the whole rocky mountains. This is all about subduction the area of science that you claim to be an expert in. We are looking at the remains of the dinosaurs in the Rocky Mountains and what their cause of death was. In this case at the Ghost Ranch they died in a flood.

No, we are not. The events that you are talking about predate the Rocky Mountains. Once again you are confusing yourself. You are cherry picking with no understanding of the topic at hand at all.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
can your version of God lie?
God can not lie and the Bible gives us a witness and a testimony for God.

Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

• Agree
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Again you have no evidence. You LOVE to make claims that you have nothing to back them up. Show me your evidence that Bishop Ussher's book is not accurate. Trace down the 12,000 footnotes and show me where there is any error. Show me your evidence that the Bible is not accurate as history. We have over 100 years of archeology evidence that shows the Bible is 100% accurate and true.
I have not needed any yet.

The Bible does not give us "witnesses". You simply do not understand half of the terms that you try to use or you are abusing them.

Let's go over the nature of evidence so that you do not continually make the same errors.

By the way, if God cannot lie then it is obvious that there was no flood. Once again all of the evidence tells us that there was no flood. Your misinterpretation of the evidence does not count at as a refutation.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There always have been floods.
Ok so now you admit there was a flood and that the dinosaurs we find at Ghost Ranch were destroyed in a flood. In fact it was here that Colbert found evidence for continental drift or what is now called plate tectonics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ok so now you admit there was a flood and that the dinosaurs we find at Ghost Ranch were destroyed in a flood. In fact it was here that Colbert found evidence for continental drift or what is now called plate tectonics.

Evidence for plate tectonics is found in countless places and does not rely on floods. And please, I did not "admit" anything. You simply misinterpreted some evidence. You really should not make false claims about others.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of which supports your claim, which is about the text of the Genesis stories, not the historicity of the individuals depicted in it.
The text of the Genesis stories contain the figures in which Christ confirms are historical.

Is it your point the people are real but the accounts of their lives are debatable?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quoting Genesis is not a statement that it is accurate. Jesus used all sorts of teaching tools, parables, allegory, etc.. You need a lot more than just a quote or two to justify the claim that Jesus took Genesis literally.
It is obvious from the NT text Jesus is referring to every Genesis and Exodus person quoted as a real literal historic person. And He refers to the days of Noah and Noah as literal.

The language used is not allegory nor parable. We know most of His parables begin with like or as. Not in the references I quoted.

Allegory would be akin to Plato's The Cave or Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown. Closest we have Jesus using an allegory is the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich ruler.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evidence for plate tectonics is found in countless places and does not rely on floods.
You missed the point. I was talking about the work of Colbert and his work was essential for establishing the theory of plate tectonics. Esp his discovery of more than a dozen complete skeletons of a primitive small Triassic dinosaur, Coelophysis at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico, in 1947 (one of the largest concentrations of dinosaur deposits ever recorded),[2] (wiki) We are having a discussion on The world-renowned Whitaker quarry.

We are talking about the work that Edwin H Colbert did on the Rocky Mountain Subduction Zone. "The Rockies form a massive mountain range that stretches from Canada through central New Mexico. The Rocky Mountains formed during a period of intense plate tectonic activity that formed much of the western United States. Most orogenic systems form between 200 to 400 miles inland from a subduction zone boundary." (Wiki)

There is plenty of evidence with the dinosaur remains spread throughout this subduction Zone to substantiate what I am saying. You claim to be an expert on subduction zones so I am saying to look at the work that Colbert did. Esp what I already pointed out about the floods that destroyed plant and animal species within the geology that we are looking at. The geology that Colbert studied in a number of places including the Ghost Ranch in New Mexico.

As far as the whole earth being flooded that is what they call the snowball earth. The point you made about the foothills being covered has to do more directly with Noah's Flood. That was an observation that he made. As I have said in other posts Noah's flood took place when the
strait of Hormuz gave way and the persian gulf was formed. All the available evidence shows us that the Eden in the Bible is under the Persian gulf. Noah's flood had to have taken place when the Strait of Hormuz failed and the Persian gulf was formed. For Noah his world was destroyed. You may have a different perspective then Noah looking back on the event. If you had ever taken any classes in a Bible College they would teach you how to understand the Bible from Noah's perspective. We are looking at the Bible as literature and College grads today are required to take a literature class so they do not make the sort of error that you are making by not properly understanding how to deal with literature that was written 3500 years ago. My son is in his second year of college and he has already taken two literature classes to get a degree in computer engineering.

Lost Civilization May Have Existed Beneath the Persian Gulf
Lost Civilization May Have Existed Beneath the Persian Gulf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.