Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone that would probably easily gain those pounds back? Honestly I don't see the point if you're looking for a long term relationship. Lol.

I think if you could let the woman know how important proper nutrition is to you, then maybe she would be convinced to eat better. And a relationship will last longer if people aren't dying in their 50's and 60's of high blood pressure or complications from diabetes or heart attacks.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a man just looks for women with his exact specific body type that completely limits his options, if he throws in women who are 10-20 pounds overweight with the possibility of convincing them to cut back on eating poorly, this increases his options tremendously.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think if you could let the woman know how important proper nutrition is to you, then maybe she would be convinced to eat better. And a relationship will last longer if people aren't dying in their 50's and 60's of high blood pressure or complications from diabetes or heart attacks.

I'm just saying in the long run she/he would probably gain those pounds back. What are you going to do then?

Relying on people to just change themselves forever doesn't sound like a very stable plan. Lol.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The difference being that he's already "her man"...

Sure I mean I don't think it is a good idea personally to go into a relationship with the expectation a person will change something. That is a recipe for disaster. However you don't always control who you meet and fall in love with, and I don't see it being an issue to make a suggestion and then make my decision after weighing all the pros and cons of sticking with a woman who doesn't value her body and eating right and how I feel about them not just now but the eventual 40-50 pound weight gain later in the relationship.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think if you could let the woman know how important proper nutrition is to you, then maybe she would be convinced to eat better.
If a man just looks for women with his exact specific body type that completely limits his options, if he throws in women who are 10-20 pounds overweight with the possibility of convincing them to cut back on eating poorly, this increases his options tremendously.
Right, but the time for that is when you're already in a relationship. If a random guy tells me "If you lose 10-20 pounds, I'll let you date me," that's just a red flag. I'm going to assume he's a narcissist and stay far away from him.

Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relying on people to just change themselves forever doesn't sound like a very stable plan. Lol.

I agree that entering a relationship with the idea that your partner be or change something about themselves is a bad idea and a clear recipe for disaster. Especially when so many americans are addicted to sugary food and sugary drinks. It is a lot easier to find someone who has a food addiction than who eats right. So definitely limits ones options. Unless you can find someone who eats poorly but whos body isn't effected even in this circumstance the person is very likely to gain weight eventually. I still don't think its too much to at least suggest a lady cut back on some bad food choices, and if she refuses then make a decision at that point.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, but the time for that is when you're already in a relationship. If a random guy tells me "If you lose 10-20 pounds, I'll let you date me," that's just a red flag. I'm going to assume he's a narcissist and stay far away from him.

Well I definitely wouldnt begin a relationship like that. I just think if you see someone slightly over the weight range you prefer but you like other things about that person, and maybe down the road might want to try to recommend or suggest a person cut back on some foods causing their weight gain, to make the relationship better, I can't exactly see why this would be an issue.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree that entering a relationship with the idea that your partner be or change something about themselves is a bad idea and a clear recipe for disaster. Especially when so many americans are addicted to sugary food and sugary drinks. It is a lot easier to find someone who has a food addiction than who eats right. So definitely limits ones options. Unless you can find someone who eats poorly but whos body isn't effected even in this circumstance the person is very likely to gain weight eventually. I still don't think its too much to at least suggest a lady cut back on some bad food choices, and if she refuses then make a decision at that point.

I guess I don't see much of a difference between these two mindsets.

If you want a thin women, try to look for something that indicates more of a genetic quirk than a lifestyle one. For example the women in my family are all pretty thin. Even up until old age. It's just the way they're probably wired genetically. The skeletal structure is also so small I don't think it's really possible for them to ever gain much weight and look big.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. Not every man looks like Brad Pitt.

Now if there are women who love a man who looks like a young Colonel Sanders, then I'm your man! I'll even reveal my secret of herbs of spices!
Sorry had to come back to the thread just for one more because some things are cracking me up here. I don't think you realize you replied to a man ^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it is also hard to tell what gender you are and , thus, which gender you are commenting towards. Can you be clearer for everyone please?

My apologies (if you click my name it tells you I am female :) ).

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry had to come back to the thread just for one more because some things are cracking me up here. I don't think you realize you replied to a man ^_^^_^^_^

I am well aware I replied to a man. My second paragraph wasn't directly aimed at him but to everyone else.

As a punishment, you will now have to write lines on the chalkboard.

bart-simpson-generator.php.gif

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay, I'm going to try to be nice about this. First of all, it's one thing if you want to give other guys tips on how to attract a lady, but let's not make this about people telling the opposite gender basically how to be attractive. You said you don't desire for anyone to be insulted, but I guarantee that you have already broken your own rule, especially with #4. There is already an immense amount of pressure on women to look thinner and conform to the culture's standards of beauty. Let's not perpetuate it. If this is about how other women could attract you personally, that's one thing, but the title of the thread is about how to attract the "opposite gender."

Second, your OP basically assumes that women on this forum want to know how they can be attractive for you and other guys. That's an awfully big assumption to make, and you know what happens when you assume.

Third, I am going to offer you some advice on how to be more attractive. Treat women with the same amount of respect you would like to be treated with. Your list basically assumes that women have to somehow strike a balance between looking too high maintenance and too casual in order to be attractive, that they don't make an effort to look their best, that they are too heavy, and that they dress like tramps. Your list is all about appearances and it is entirely shallow. There is enough hate in Singles being shown toward women. I have had it communicated to me personally how shallow, insulting, and belittling the men in Singles have been as far as things they have said about women. Let's not add to it. Yes, physical attraction is necessary for a relationship, but your list does not include any requirements for a lot of guys to find a woman attractive, and I guarantee the assumptions you are making about the women here are insulting to them.
And something to keep in mind--women aren't interested in attracting shallow guys, so it's probably best to work on not being one yourself.

anigif_sub-buzz-20769-1468762136-2.gif

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I definitely wouldnt begin a relationship like that. I just think if you see someone slightly over the weight range you prefer but you like other things about that person, and maybe down the road might want to try to recommend or suggest a person cut back on some foods causing their weight gain, to make the relationship better, I can't exactly see why this would be an issue.
Lol. Clearly you have never suggested this to a woman before. All I'm saying, you would not be alive to post on CF.

I would pretty much dump any guy instantly for this. It's idiotic behavior. Date women you find already attractive. Don't ruin someone's self esteem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Threads like this never turn out well. I'm more focused on making myself a better person rather than wasting time writing these lists.
I couldn't agree more. The biggest problem is that most people are so focused on being cool and acceptable to everyone that they don't cultivate any true interests or hobbies and are as boring as a piece of cardboard lol. Guys should spend more time cultivating their mind and relationship with God so that they actually have the ability to engage in meaningful discussion and show some real passion and life. Same with women. Then they might actually stand out and be memorable.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

No one's saying you can't have preferences... but if someone is thinner or thicker than you'd like... that's your problem. Who are you to expect them to change?

That's incredibly deceptive and deceitful. You're suggesting initiating a relationship with someone on the premise of your secret agenda to change them to how you want them.

If you're going to be that specific about a person's BMI, at least be open and upfront about it so they know exactly who they're dealing with, because chances are they'd rather be insulted at that point than find out months in to the relationship that the person they have exposed themselves to emotionally, probably fallen in love with... actually started dating them because they thought they could get them to lose weight. Like, no.

Imagine how hurt they would be when they found out. What if they don't lose weight? Going to cut it off and presumably still not have the stones to be open about it and leave them recovering for months wondering what they did wrong?

If a persons looks are really that important, okay, agree to disagree on what's important, but at least be open about it even if it will most likely be grossly and unnecessarily offensive to someone. Don't start dating them to try and manipulate them in to fitting in to the shape you've made for them in your mind.

As far as I'm concerned that's tantamount to abuse.

Get a grip.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.