Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. Show up
2. Let your amazing personality shine.
3. Repeat 2 till you get the digits.
You wrote 'show up'. and the thread is directed to the opposite gender. So, am a bit confused. Can you explain how you want women to 'show up'? Aren't us guys supposed to pick them up?

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've noticed that the Holy Spirit in us attracts Christians automatically, so I would say to try to reflect it by being filled with it as much as possible. And that's the way God picks someone for us. ;)
this thread is about comments to the opposite gender. It is hard to tell what gender you are, so, which gender is this aimed at?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So how do you suggest a woman to lose a few pounds then?

That's frankly a suggestion you keep to yourself.

If your immediate concern is how or what to change about someone, it's time to move on.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So much wisdom and relationship sense. How can you be single with such amazing knowledge?
Is everyone here actually single? I wasn't under that impression. I've stayed in this board when I've been in a relationship. I certainly don't feel at home in the "Courting" board...

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. Be yourself. I don't want you to impress me, I want you to be genuine.
2. Always put God before me.
3. Have a sense of humor. If you can't laugh at yourself we won't get along.
4. Numbers 1-3 become more important the older you become.

It's not about looks, gravity and life stresses take its toll on everyone over time.
What is in the heart is of utmost importance.
it is also hard to tell what gender you are and , thus, which gender you are commenting towards. Can you be clearer for everyone please?

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is this any different with men? As a 17 year old teenage male, cultures standard of beauty is saying to be muscular and big, the opposite of woman.

A guy tells a girl to lose weight, she feels sad. But then how do you think I would feel if a girl told me I was not muscular enough?

Oh, most definitely it does go both ways. There's Barbie and then there's Ken, right? It's just that in this instance I was addressing a man saying these things to women.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
n
That's frankly a suggestion you keep to yourself.

If your immediate concern is how or what to change about someone, it's time to move on.[/QUOT

Nonsense, I am entitled to my preferences as you are my friends.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is everyone here actually single? I wasn't under that impression. I've stayed in this board when I've been in a relationship. I certainly don't feel at home in the "Courting" board...
I didn't realize this was the singles only board and just noticed, geez I'm a married man, I''m out of here lol....

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

How do you expect others to take your advice if you are unwilling to take any yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, most definitely it does go both ways. There's Barbie and then there's Ken, right? It's just that in this instance I was addressing a man saying these things to women.
Yeah I suppose. Probably hits more to home with women I feel like but none the less, it is not nice :[

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That's fine. The weird thing is that you think we should all care about your personal preferences and structure our entire lives accordingly.

All your post tells me is that you're not the man for me. And that's completely fine! The answer is not that one of us should change. I do hope you find someone who fits your list.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You can be entitled to your preferences, that's fine. But I think he's saying that when you start out looking at someone and see all the things about them that they need to change, it's not getting off on the right foot.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can be entitled to your preferences, that's fine. But I think he's saying that when you start out looking at someone and see all the things about them that they need to change, it's not getting off on the right foot.

So if a man sees a woman and thinks if only she was 10-20 pounds lighter this would work, whats the issue here?

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I've noticed that the Holy Spirit in us attracts Christians automatically, so I would say to try to reflect it by being filled with it as much as possible. And that's the way God picks someone for us. ;)

In my experience, Christian females friends of mine became sisters to me before I ever entertained the idea of dating them. In relation to your inference (which, I don't necessarily disagree with) this is interestingly curious.

Especially so, when I consider the woman I was going to propose to was nowhere near Christian. Of course we didnt marry because our spiritual foundation was off.

I would say cosmic comedy (read: an enemy/satan) has a way of bringing to polar opposites together through the insanity known as love - purely to watch the results. It was, for me, a test in who I loved more.

As far as things to be desired in the opposite sex, I would say:

Attractive (to me)
Not a harlot (certainly doesn't have to be a Virgin)
Has morals and intelligence
Is Christian.

Of course, this is my personal preference, but I was told after listing these four things that my standards are too high.

:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is this any different with men? As a 17 year old teenage male, cultures standard of beauty is saying to be muscular and big, the opposite of woman.

A guy tells a girl to lose weight, she feels sad. But then how do you think I would feel if a girl told me I was not muscular enough?

Exactly. Not every man looks like Brad Pitt.

Now if there are women who love a man who looks like a young Colonel Sanders, then I'm your man! I'll even reveal my secret of herbs of spices!

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So if a man sees a woman and thinks if only she was 10-20 pounds lighter this would work, whats the issue here?
That mentality.

I don't make it a point to tell overweight men that they would be so much more attractive if they dropped some weight. I just find someone that fits my body type preferences instead. Simple.

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It's one thing if a guy thinks that. And even then, if 10-20 pounds is a dealbreaker for him, he's either very picky and/or very shallow. But in this case, we have someone telling women that they should lose 10-20 pounds. That is just insulting.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's one thing if a guy thinks that. And even then, if 10-20 pounds is a dealbreaker for him, he's either very picky and/or very shallow. But in this case, we have someone telling women that they should lose 10-20 pounds. That is just insulting.

I see it being no different than a woman wanting her man to lift weights. And I don't think these are really issues.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Someone that would probably easily gain those pounds back? Honestly I don't see the point if you're looking for a long term relationship. Lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.