United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All righty-then, batter up!

Your first point is a strawman - no one ever claimed that getting covid after a vaccine was a myth.

Is the irony of this lost on you? It was you (among others) who insisted that those of us who get vaccinated should not insert our snouts into your business since, after all, we are protected.
You didnt address the facts I presented. Save your scarecrow card for someone else.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're being needlessly defensive here. No need for it.
Just because "experts" claim something doesn't mean it's correct. The fact that they make those claims based on what they know at the time doesn't mean new information won't completely make them wrong later. The mask recommendations are an example of that.
Again, the reasoning here is very misleading.

Yes, we know that the experts changed their mind on masks. But there is a very reasonable explanation for this - the virus was little understand then, it is better understood now. You are trying to spin this change in position on masks into to some kind of argument that we cannot trust the experts.

Now then, you speculate about the possibility of the vaccines being withdrawn in future. Well, maybe. But that is still speculation. What is not speculation is that over the last year, tons of data has been gathered to support the decision to go with the masks.

The situations are not comparable, really.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You didnt address the facts I presented. Save your scarecrow card for someone else.
You are not making a valid case that holds any water. We dont want the vaccine, we arent getting it. You cannot make us. You will get over it. We win, you lose. May the Lord have mercy on your soul Case closed.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you not present the fact that someone died after the vaccine? I addressed it very clearly.

Did you not present the fact that some people who get vaccinated will get covid? That, too, I addressed very clearly.

In any event, if my critiques are invalid, readers will come that conclusion anyway.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
You are not making a valid case that holds any water. We dont want the vaccine, we arent getting it. You cannot make us. You will get over it. Case closed.

If enough people act like you we won’t achieve herd immunity. We know this virus mutates. The more people it can infect, the more chances it has to mutate. Given enough chances at mutation, it will eventually mutate to escape the vaccines and previous immunity. When that mutation becomes ubiquitous we will be right back at square one and get to experience the masks, social distancing, and lockdowns of the last year for another year. Is that what you want? Or are you a leach on society wanting other people to do what is necessary to get us out of this pandemic while doing nothing yourself so you reap the rewards with none of the work?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Falsehoods? Lets look at some facts.
Point number 3: You present the fact that 5800 people of vaccinated people - 0.0074% - have got Covid.

This is most certainly true.

How it supports your position on vaccines, though, is a mystery to me. I will take a 0.0074% risk of getting covid after a vaccine against the much higher risk without one any day of the week.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are not making a valid case that holds any water. We dont want the vaccine, we arent getting it. You cannot make us. You will get over it. We win, you lose. May the Lord have mercy on your soul Case closed.
You win? In what sense, exactly? That I cannot force you to do the right thing? Whoever said anything about forcing you to do anything?

I am quite certain you will not get the vaccine. My concern is for people on the fence who will be duped by all the distortions we see in these threads.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If enough people act like you we won’t achieve herd immunity. We know this virus mutates. The more people it can infect, the more chances it has to mutate. Given enough chances at mutation, it will eventually mutate to escape the vaccines and previous immunity. When that mutation becomes ubiquitous we will be right back at square one and get to experience the masks, social distancing, and lockdowns of the last year for another year. Is that what you want? Or are you a leach on society wanting other people to do what is necessary to get us out of this pandemic while doing nothing yourself so you reap the rewards with none of the work?
Well then so be it. Write your congressman. Call the President. It is what it is and I do not care. 40% of front line health workers do not want the vaccine so tell that to them.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My concern is for people on the fence who will be duped by all the distortions we see in these threads.
I lied - my concern is also for me. As another poster has just eloquently pointed out, the more people who think like, the more mutations, the more mutations, the greater chance of evading the vaccines.

So, yes, my motives are not entirely selfless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Well then so be it.

So be it that the virus mutates past our vaccines and we go through the hell of the last year again? Do you just want to watch the world burn? Why? Are you part of an apocalyptic death cult that’s looking forward to the end?

Write your congressman. Call the President. It is what it is and I do not care. 40% of front line health workers do not want the vaccine so tell that to them.

I have done two of three. Haven’t called the president but I did write my Congressmen urging the passing of acts that would get moneys into Americans hands so they could afford to stay home and give us time to develop and distribute vaccines. I talked to my sister who was a front-line worker about the vaccine before Thanksgiving. She was hesitant, especially being on of the first ones to get it (her first does was before Christmas) and I told her the same thing I told you.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
40% of front line health workers do not want the vaccine so tell that to them.
All right, let's talk about this figure of 40%.

Here are two snippets I found that are arguably relevant here:

Research conducted in Israel suggests that, while the majority of healthcare workers there intend to accept a coronavirus vaccine, around 22% of doctors and 39% of nurses are hesitant, meaning they are either undecided or unlikely to accept a vaccine.

The surveys also suggest that vaccine hesitancy may vary by profession. As well as showing that doctors are more likely to accept a vaccine than nurses, research suggests that acceptance rates will be higher among healthcare staff who have been directly involved in caring for coronavirus patients. Of these staff, 94% indicated that they would accept a vaccine.

About the first para: I politely suggest that while nurses have my undying respect and gratitude, they are not as well-qualified to assess the value of the vaccine as doctors. And, as you see, doctors are much less hesitant.

About the 2nd part: I suggest the 94% figure is indeed telling - these are people who have seen first-hand what covid can do.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

Enough. This thread has degenerated and has generated many reports.
It is closed!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.