Feb 21, 2012
✟438,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Great read...and likely a similar story as many "left-leaning" but otherwise formerly reputable news organizations.

I used to consider NPR a rather reliable source before they took a nosedive in the shallow end of the pool. Here's my favorite excerpts...

Is America, as progressive activists claim, beset by systemic racism in the 2020s—in law enforcement, education, housing, and elsewhere? We happen to have a very powerful tool for answering such questions: journalism. Journalism that lets evidence lead the way.
But the message from the top was very different. America’s infestation with systemic racism was declared loud and clear: it was a given. Our mission was to change it.

Race and identity became paramount in nearly every aspect of the workplace. Journalists were required to ask everyone we interviewed their race, gender, and ethnicity (among other questions), and had to enter it in a [COLOR=var(--color-accent)]centralized tracking
https://www.poynter.org/reporting-e...s-npr-to-track-source-diversity-in-real-time/ system. We were given unconscious bias training sessions. A growing DEI staff offered regular meetings imploring us to “start talking about race.” Monthly dialogues were offered for “women of color” and “men of color.” Nonbinary people of color were included, too. [/COLOR]

Thoughts?

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Great read...and likely a similar story as many "left-leaning" but otherwise formerly reputable news organizations.

I used to consider NPR a rather reliable source before they took a nosedive in the shallow end of the pool. Here's my favorite excerpts...

Is America, as progressive activists claim, beset by systemic racism in the 2020s—in law enforcement, education, housing, and elsewhere? We happen to have a very powerful tool for answering such questions: journalism. Journalism that lets evidence lead the way.
But the message from the top was very different. America’s infestation with systemic racism was declared loud and clear: it was a given. Our mission was to change it.

Race and identity became paramount in nearly every aspect of the workplace. Journalists were required to ask everyone we interviewed their race, gender, and ethnicity (among other questions), and had to enter it in a [COLOR=var(--color-accent)]centralized tracking
New tool allows NPR to track source diversity in real time - Poynter system. We were given unconscious bias training sessions. A growing DEI staff offered regular meetings imploring us to “start talking about race.” Monthly dialogues were offered for “women of color” and “men of color.” Nonbinary people of color were included, too. [/COLOR]

Thoughts?
What's your dog in this fight? Didn't you already think that NPR was propaganda?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You know when you post a title for a new thread how it shows you threads that might be related or about the exact same thing you're posting? You should probably pay attention to that :)

Anyway, I find it interesting that for you the most interesting parts of the article were about the "myth" of systemic racism and DEI and in Valletta's post it was about Trump.

Upvote 0