"This is the Beginning of the End of the Pandemic" - NJ Hydroxycholoroquine Study a "Game Changer"

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Contradictory studies are not uncommon for any number of reasons. However, when the bulk of the data coming in is showing consistent results, then the goal of research is acheived...and conclusions are drawn. That's why doctors want replication.

A review of this article shows that the 11 patients used in this study were already seriously ill with the virus. Consequently the results are not the same, and should not be the same. Positive results are coming from data of patients being treated at early onset of symptoms. Early treatment has already been noted by the doctors as a significant factor in the success rates they've been having.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A review of this article shows that the 11 patients used in this study were already seriously ill with the virus. Consequently the results are not the same, and should not be the same. Positive results are coming from data of patients being treated at early onset of symptoms.
Where are you finding this data?

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where are you finding this data?

I read the article posted by pitabread, but I've been monitoring the treatment effects that are being done around the world through various sources from different countries on a daily bases. This treatment regime has now been ongoing for well over 2 weeks and has involved over 30 countries. There is a lot of consistent and reliable data out there already from studies concluded, from those ongoing and from each and every person taking these meds.

This is a serious illness that can cause death to certain compromised members of the worlds population...seriously concerned doctors are working around the clock to find treatments that are effective and are having very positive results with this trio of meds when administered at early onset. People should be grateful and very pleased that these very hard working doctors are giving us well deserved hope in such unprecedented times.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read the article posted by pitabread, but I've been monitoring the treatment effects that are being done around the world through various sources from different countries on a daily bases. This treatment regime has now been ongoing for well over 2 weeks and has involved over 30 countries. There is a lot of consistent and reliable data out there already from studies concluded, from those ongoing and from each and every person taking these meds.
I meant specifically. I'm familiar with a couple of Chinese studies and a couple of French studies, and now this one. What other studies have you seen?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I heard an interview with a nurse today. She said in effect "We are in a war but the doctors and nurses and medical staff are not fighting in the front lines. We are just the last line of defense. The front line is the community itself. If you fail the battle is lost. Keep the quarantine!" Powerful words.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Even if an effective treatment is developed the war will still go on. The armistice will be when an effective vaccine is developed and even then it will only be fully effective if we can convince the nay-sayers and the anti-vaxers to work with us.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I meant specifically. I'm familiar with a couple of Chinese studies and a couple of French studies, and now this one. What other studies have you seen?

Ok so ...In Canada, there are currently 49 studies going on nationwide to find treatments for covid-19...some are now also studying the effects of adding zinc sulphate and z-pack to hydrochloroquine. There are literally 100's of 1000's of studies going on world wide which is why we alrady knew that Hydrochloroquine was proving somewhat effective when used early on.

After closely examining the symptoms of the illness, other drugs were added to see if they would help patients get better faster. Once this trio of drugs was proving to be even more effective, over 30 countries began their own research...some of which, as you mentioned, you are already aware of.

Other sources are from news reports from other nations, doctors working with other doctors world wide as a team, share data and results on social media as well.

In any case, that's a lot of stuff to go through and there's no way to take it all in...I do a lot of skimming with completed research and focus primarily on how a study was done, the population and sample size, their stats and conclusions. Lots of times there are mistakes along the way that render a study inacurate or otherwise not applicable.

I really encourage you to look around and see what's going on with this research for yourself, and begin in your own country. There is cummulative data being produced daily on an international scale replicating the effects of this treatment regime among the targeted sector of the worlds population.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard an interview with a nurse today. She said in effect "We are in a war but the doctors and nurses and medical staff are not fighting in the front lines. We are just the last line of defense. The front line is the community itself. If you fail the battle is lost. Keep the quarantine!" Powerful words.

Exactly, quarrenteen the sick, protect the vulnerable, and let the rest of the world get on with living. That's a very good idea.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, quarrenteen the sick, protect the vulnerable, and let the rest of the world get on with living. That's a very good idea.

I didn't say that. Don't twist my words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even if an effective treatment is developed the war will still go on. The armistice will be when an effective vaccine is developed and even then it will only be fully effective if we can convince the nay-sayers and the anti-vaxers to work with us.

Why...people who have already recovered from the virus are immune and people who take hydrxychloroquine for Lupus don't appear to becoming sick with covid-19 at all prompting studies that are indicating already it may be effective as a preventative treatment.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I really encourage you to look around and see what's going on with this research for yourself, and begin in your own country. There is cummulative data being produced daily on an international scale replicating the effects of this treatment regime among the targeted sector of the worlds population.

You understand you are talking to an infectious diseases expert who works for arguably the most well known and prestigious medical research institute on the planet, right? And no, I am not talking about me.

You haven't provided a single shred of evidence to support any of your claims.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say that. Don't twist my words.

You're right, wasn't meant to offend...but maybe in a couple of weeks, the world will realise it'll be ok and we can all move on with our lives...and cure our sick with love, kindness and very effective treatments.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You understand you are talking to an infectious diseases expert who works for arguably the most well known and prestigious medical research institute on the planet, right? And no, I am not talking about me.

You haven't provided a single shred of evidence to support any of your claims.

Then he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok so ...In Canada, there are currently 49 studies going on nationwide to find treatments for covid-19...some are now also studying the effects of adding zinc sulphate and z-pack to hydrochloroquine. There are literally 100's of 1000's of studies going on world wide which is why we alrady knew that Hydrochloroquine was proving somewhat effective when used early on.
I know there are lots of studies (albeit not hundreds of thousands) underway studying lots of drugs, including the ones in question. What I'm asking is which studies have reported results that lead to the conclusion in your last sentence.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The President has acted to prevent the 3M Company from shipping N95 face masks to Canada. Ironically much of the material to make those masks is shipped from a paper mill in Canada. The Governor of Florida has acted to prevent Canadians trapped on cruise ships from returning to Canada. The President has also threatened to militarize the Canadian border. Canadians are more than angry. I am deeply disappointed.

Amid COVID-19 Tensions, Canadians Remind U.S. They’ve Always Had Their Back

We have always been there when you needed us
* in WW1 we helped hold the enemy at bay for 3 years before you pitched in
* in WW2 we helped hold the enemy at bay for almost 2 years before you pitched in
* we fought side-by-side with you in Korea and saved your bacon at Kap Yong
* in 1980 we saved your diplomats in Iran
* at 9/11 we took in over 30,000 Americans in 230 airliners and fed and housed you in our homes for a week
* we fought side-by-side with you in Afghanistan
* we help fight your wild fires
* we send crews of linemen to help restore power after hurricanes

Under the leadership of Donald Trump the USA is becoming, to use his own words, "a **** hole country"

Last edited:
Upvote 0