South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Sure. But you ARE saying "everything's just as foretold in scripture for the end of the world!" in a thread about CERN's near future activities. That's pretty close.Sure I believe the world will end. But in a week or in a million years, no one knows. What I do know is that people have been saying "any second now, this time for sure", for at least 6000 years. That's an impressive track record.

Unfortunately listening to you here is like listening to my unbelieving relatives.
If a job's worth doing it's worth doing well. God doesn't like it when people sit on the fence

Reactions: MaxR1996
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately listening to you here is like listening to my unbelieving relatives.
Well, do you know what Occam's razor is?
If a job's worth doing it's worth doing well. God doesn't like it when people sit on the fence
Hence I'm not sitting on the fence.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
So was it good that Adam and Eve "experimented" with the tree and knowledge to understand it?

I never understood why people can't just be satisfied with a house, job, food, family and Jesus.

Hi,

Adam and Eve were told, to not "experiment" with that tree, in fact do not even touch it.

On the other hand, You, I, and all humans were told to "experiement" with subduing.

Bilblically, and if you need me to do the work for you later I will, if I have the time, God caused the People at Babylon to spread, and for a vastly different reason than I have always thought. I always thought I was told that it was because of their arrogance in trying to reach God, with that tower.

When I read the actual account, all I could find is they wanted to stay in one place, not moving. God confused their language. They then spread.

So looking, I found in Genesis 1:28 the statement about filling the earth, and I think it is in 9:1 also. I wondered. What was God so upset about with those people at Babylon for?

Then it occurred to me, that He is and was upset then, because they were refusing to fill the earth. Oh My.

Well it soon dawned on me that a Blessing by God, is also a Command by God. In Genesis 9:1, I think, just after Noah descended from the Ark, God Blessed all of them, and if that is where the Blessing is, then it is said there to fill the earth.

Babylon was about not, filling the earth. Opposing Science is about not subduing the earth.

So, to not do science is to disobey God and reap the consequences of that. So, we know what happens when one does not listen to God, as in Adam and Eve. So, to not stay away from that apple tree is to disobey God and reap the consequences of that.

So, to say that both are the same, "experimenting" with science and experimenting with the apple, does not seem right to me.

You sound like a guy to me online. Guys are independent usually from what I have seen. They do their own work, if they can.

I have given you what I ran into. Maybe you can look also and see what I got wrong if anything, but. But, you may also end up doing a better job of knowing the concept of "A Blessing by God is a Command by God" a lot better than I do, if you decide to jump in there, and 'guy' it.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
? maybe a catastrophic 'meltdown' of the Cern facility
following the adoption of the released ions
by the collision chamber's fabric > altering it's state (as a solid) ?
is a pre-requisite for absolute knowledge

Hindsight: who would have thought THAT would-happen ?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Another thing that I know and use, but again not from the guys yet, is what is in the Bible connecting the New and The Old Testament to Jesus.

I found that Jesus said that he is spoken about in the Old Testament. Wow, that really sparked my curiosity. I wondered where.

Later, from that Subdue the earth thing, I learned that each of us acts Trinitarianly, and it is so much a part of us that it took me twenty years or more to see that in myself, after I was told about it.

I think guys, handle the kid part well, but they also handle the work part well, and lots of them handle the parent part or taking care of part well. Females do the same, I am definitely a girl sometimes, I am definitely a worker sometime and I am definitely maternal sometimes.

Eventually I got used to the idea, after about twenty years, and it made a lot more sense then.

Later, it made total sense to me, but. But it took one more thing and this is from what is called an approved private revelation. It took me actually seeing The Essence, not the Face of God, but the Essence and feeling God in His Essence.

Guess what they feel like together. Guess what they feel like, when the Three of Them are together. They feel like God, with no separate personalities, and. And guess what they feel like (yes, also from that approved private revelation by a Spiritual Director of the church.), they feel, act like, sound like, interface like, and look like, totally separate persons, although each of them is God also.

With those experiences, soon I started to see Jesus in the Old Testament, in words, but. But, I still had to use what He said in the New Testament to do that. It was in the New Testament, that He said Scripture cannot be undone, or something like that. Okay. I am spoken of in The Old Testament, but. But by reference to the word book of Moses, not the words we use today of Old Testament. So, Okay on that also.

I then had the other clue about David's son being the Messiah or something like that, by Jesus in The New Testament. (Sorry, this was all done in the year 2000, and I am trying to do it again now.). Jesus said it twice and it was that section of "The Lord said to my Lord, sit here at my right hand...."

Jumping back to Psalms 2, Oh My. I put in Jesus for every place it said 'my Lord' or 'our Lord'. I put in God The Father for every place it said 'The Lord' and I put those in for all the pronouns that referred to 'my Lord' or 'our Lord' and the same for 'The Lord'. I then reread that Psalms 2, and OhMy it was like a first or second grade reader, and indeed there it made total sense, even in the exchanges between Father and Son, in that conversation there between them.

This is another area, I would love for the 'guys' to 'guy up' on. Historically Women are given more by God with words and information, and I am told it is because Adam, did not turn us in when there was just Eve. So, historically it takes more for us even from God, to convince us of anything because of Adam's betrayal of us before God.

In military, enlisted man's word's and using the local Los Angeles slang terms, this is what He should have said to Eve. "Woman. You done done it now. &^%$%^&*&^%$#, I can' t believe you blew it that badly. Do you think God did not mean what he said. Get away from me. I will not touch that fruit let alone eat it. I am sorry. You will now die, just as God said you would, and now I who love you, you have killed also. I now have to live without you. How, could you be so wrong? How could you do this after you were told otherwise? How?"

Well, maybe not in those military terms, but that is what Adam screwed up on, and now us who can be fooled as happened to Eve, cannot trust our guys, when we scew up and we do from time to time. Guys, even today, will go along to get along with some of us, when we are wrong.

That, I am told is why women get more from God, so I have been given much by God, in that approved private revelation, but I still need you guys to guy up, and do the next thing.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

It's Saturday morning, playday by Command. It seems that unless I regurlarly take this day off and play in some form, that "my Lord" spoken of in Psalms 2, has people come over to my house and drag me out to play.

It took me about two weeks or more, to see when I was supposed to start doing that again. Now I just do it, as some of those folks who drag me out of my house to play, are also ones that want things from me, other than just my companionship.

I will take my iPad along, maybe.

LOVE,
...Mary Katerina., .... .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Theres a difference between innovating for a system to support billions of people and creating a useless machine meant to understand how the world came to be.

Maybe if the people at CERN read the bible, they would know how to world came to be and wouldn't need to use this dangerous useless machines that put the entire world at risk because of their "curiosity".
Love it , as though this has anything to do with our most important needs . However ,the best of modern science and technology is of God and is meant to bless us
with making life easer a more productive.
Electricity, (light), simple telephones, etc., fridges , revolutionised daily life in a positive way, but this kind of thing is getting close the 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil' stuff ,the stuff we leave to God ,as we are playing with fire , literally.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
? maybe a catastrophic 'meltdown' of the Cern facility
following the adoption of the released ions
by the collision chamber's fabric > altering it's state (as a solid) ?
is a pre-requisite for absolute knowledge

Hindsight: who would have thought THAT would-happen ?
I don't think it uses fission, does it? Can't have a meltdown unless there's a fission reactor on site.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Love it , as though this has anything to do with our most important needs . However ,the best of modern science and technology is of God and is meant to bless us
Electricity, (light), simple telephones, etc., fridges , revolutionised daily life in a positive way, but this kind of thing is getting close the 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil' stuff ,the stuff we leave to God ,as we are playing with fire , literally.
So where do you draw the line, where experiments on this side lead to improving daily life, but experiments on that side are tree of knowledge, man-was-not-meant-to-know stuff?

Upvote 0

malvina

Aug 22, 2014
South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Haha the devil doesn't need to read the bible - he knows it better than we do! He's a fallen angel remember? The leading one. There's so much evidence of this all happening I cannot understand anyone not relating it to the bible - one coincidence after another coincidence etc etc. and of course there's the Holy Spirit who relates to and informs 'His Own' do you think none of this should be taken into consideration?
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. Berean Study .... They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
He constantly tell us to watch for the signs and if you can't relate to this then you need a good dose of Holy Spirit Salts

Last edited:
Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it uses fission, does it?
Can't have a meltdown unless there's a fission reactor on site.

So what exactly, is splitting atoms all-about ?
and what-exactly can prevent / stop... a runaway chain-reaction ?
If you start pulling atoms about at very high energies
then electro-magnetic containment fields might simply provide the fuel for a breakout
Gravity itself, may depend upon mass for it's existence
and undoing mass, could also undo us

They, (say) that it is all about understanding the "BIG BANG"
and, if, God was creator of the Universe
Is it not possible
that He 'unwound' a supermassive black hole, to find the material to make it from ?

Are such scientists simply seeking to understand
that which may not be in our domain (to understand)
We have only one God

AND, if it all goes wrong.... ???????
we are off to that mansion of many rooms ~forever

Psalm 23

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
then electro-magnetic containment fields might simply provide the fuel for a breakout

and, if, God was creator of the Universe
Is it not possible
that He 'unwound' a supermassive black hole, to find the material to make it from ?

Are such scientists simply seeking to understand
that which may not be in our domain (to understand)
We have only one God

AND, if it all goes wrong.... ???????
we are off to that mansion of many rooms ~forever

Psalm 23

Hi,

Long time ago, and I think the guys name was Rutherford, they did this
The Geiger–Marsden experiment(s) (also called the Rutherford gold foil experiment) were a landmark series of experiments by which scientists discovered that every atomcontains a nucleus where its positive charge and most of its mass are concentrated. They deduced this by measuring how an alpha particle beam is scattered when it strikes a thin metal foil. The experiments were performed between 1908 and 1913 by Hans Geiger and Ernest Marsden under the direction of Ernest Rutherford at the Physical Laboratories of the University of Manchester.

Later they found out that each particle in the nucleus, acted as though it had Velcro on it. So, if the were close enough together they stuck together.

Splitting an atom, is breaking that velcro like hold, protons and neutrons have on each other, IN THE NUCLEUS.

LOVE,

Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this case, it's about better understanding how quarks and gluons behave.

The laws of physics.

No, they really can't.

They're not undoing mass. In fact, it's impossible to undo mass.

They say that, but it's not really true; it's just something reporters like to say. It's about understanding fundamental physics, not the Big Bang.

I've worked on particle accelerators and I've worked on viruses. I'm much more worried about scientists accidentally creating a deadly virus than I am about physicists accidentally destroying the world.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi

protons, and electrons, when set free, can accrete-to and change the properties of other atoms, molecules etc
Like, messing with the periodic table
Protons when set free are just ionized hydrogen. Electrons are set free every time you see a spark.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sfs said:
They're not undoing mass. In fact, it's impossible to undo mass.

Ummmmmm .... if you blow up a mass into it's component parts (atomic components)
and insert increasing voids between those parts .... is that not undoing mass ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.