Status
Not open for further replies.

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
We have a V2 and a "Doodlebug" at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. I know the V1 is on display, last time I was there, the V2 was in their restoration annex, where you can see things from an enclosed walkway, but not get up close. I think we have a 163 Komet, too, and maybe a 262? We def have a 109 on permanent display, but it's not a rocket/jet, obviously.

Hi,

I was hi-jacked a few years ago, by the Space Museum. The airplane side noticed me, asking about the Franklin Engine, and oh yes then not now as they got into financiall problems last year they had all you mentioned but a 163 Komet there, although I think the 262 was built after the war that they had, but. But they lost a lot of it in the reorginization. The space stuff is still there. They asked me to join them. I said no on the airplane side, I was just looking, and it was about my 23rd trip there over the years. They have a notable plane. It is the Spruce Goose there.

It is Evergree Aviation and Space Museum in McMinneville Oregon.

Anyway as I made my way over to the space museum, a guy made me upset. He was saying things about the SR-71 that were not true, and yes in museums there is a lot of people saying things that are not true, and there is a lot of truth there, from others. By the time I left, the guy making up things, not caring, wasn't doing that anymore, by the force of the material that was used after I came and talked about that hybrid engine for the SR-71.

The space guys aided by the guy from the aviation side, put an application in front of me, and I filled it out, near closing time.

I was later assigned to the Space side. The Rocket Scientist there, was not going to let me not learn Rocket Science. Okay, I can now tell you this next part.

Rockets are momentum devices. Also and off topic now, 95% of a rockets weight or more, is fuel, not casings or motors.

I do not like to think of rockets in terms of momentum, but rather force over time. And actually force time time or force over time, is actually momentum, but. For me it is easier to think or the reason rockets work, and yes knowing I think that what Newton said in what is called his third law now, that if you push things out of anything, that anything goes in the opposite direction of that push now, more than it did before.

In more esoteric terms and you probably know all this, but others are here also. Force = Mass time Acceleration, and Force time time = Mass time Momentum, and. And this is the point. Rocket motion which is a mass/weight on earth at a certain velocity, is momentum. It is the technical definition of momentum. So, he is and was right, to understand rockets, all you have to do is understand momentum.

LOVE, (My best recollection of the way God actually loves and not some other kind.)
...Mary Katerina., .... .

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi everyone.

Super colliders are also momentum devices. The force is voltage. The weight is the weight of the lead or proton or the electron. I think. I am really not a physicist. I just have to work with some of the things they work with. I think they use something called Kenetic Energy to figure out how fast a particle is going.

It is 1/2 mass time velocity(squared), and is equal to the charge on the item accelerated, times the voltage used to accelerate it. Thus, all singly charged protons, or electrons or ions, if a million volts was used on them have what is called 1MeV of energy, and from that you can figure out how fast it is going, by using the 1/2 mass time velocity(squared) equation.

It takes, if I recall about 50KeV for a proton to actually hit another proton rather than bouncing off of it. Thus fusion not fission can and does happen at those Voltages, if two protons with Neutrons attached also, hit each other in mid flight.

The velocity can come from heat, or voltage.

LOVE,
...An Egg Head., .... .

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

God cares about his creation as well as us.
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟139,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fantastic - thanks for the update. I knew they were doing a lot of upgrades but I didn't know any dates. Really exciting stuff.

Along with the ISS, CERN is one of the great recent examples of international scientific cooperation.

Can't wait to see what they discover next!
CERN, ISS, can I add ITER?
(Or is ITER just the most unpopular way of doing Fusion now? So many experts seem to think they've got smaller cheaper ways of getting there. Boy, if we crack fusion AND it lives up to the promise, we may not even need GenIV fission breeder reactors that I like).

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
(Or is ITER just the most unpopular way of doing Fusion now? So many experts seem to think they've got smaller cheaper ways of getting there. Boy, if we crack fusion AND it lives up to the promise, we may not even need GenIV fission breeder reactors that I like).

Hi,

I have heard that Silicon Crystal type solar cells return more energy than is used to make them, and. And they last for 10's of years. One example is the Mars Rover. It is lasting much longer than was expected.

Something as Simple as Silicon, a part of desert sands, beach sands, and the crust of the earth, may be the way things will be in the future.

Deuterium, is said to not be made anymore, and. And it supposedly was made in the first second of the big bang episode, that Biblically may be just the Let there be light statement by God.

Fusion burns up, Deuterium. Of concern is the removal of Deuterium from our waters here on earth, where we have twice as much as occurs naturally, in the universe. I don't know how that is determined, but it could be from ice comets, and the color that comes from them.

Of interest is the water on Mars has twice the Deuterium in it that we have, and ours is twice the normal universe's amount.

The guess, on Mars now is that high speed particles from the sun drove off the lighter water molecules, once the magnetic field collapsed from a cooling planet interior. Our interior is still hot, and it is still producing a magnetic field. Mars no longer has that.

Sure, restoring the magnetic field on Mars, artificially if possible, might make Mars habitable again. By the way, things do not grow in Deuterium, and it may be a growth moderator in water. It may also, just be a casual indicator, of the amount of water originally on this planet and Mars, and the amount that is present now. Thus it may be a calibrator, of the time between now, and till the time that we will be using things from other near by Planets and moons, to keep earth living here for the longer term.

God wise, none of can say for sure, what God's timeline is. So, we could be around on this planet for easily 10,000 more years, thus Solar cells may be all of our electricity, and therfore no pollution, and no worries about Radioactivity escaping, or running out of mined Uranium and Such.

Additionally, solar cells are really fusion converters. They convert fusion energy to Electricity, cleanly. I would like to state the Physicist that told me that, when I was consulting with him on fusion that I was working on once upon a time. His name escapes me. However, long term it looks like he will be right. We already have fusion energy. It is solar, and wind and wave energy converters, called transducers normally, that are now and will ne the solution to energy in the future.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Even todays Rocket fuels to harvest things from other planets and moons, is an item that can be made from water, and once used in rockets is merely water again, thus being naturally recycled.

Liquid Oxygen is used in Rockets. Liquid Hydrogen is used in rockets. When the two burn, they combine to make water again.

And, although slowly, it is electricity that can separate water into oxygen and water again. So, Thoeretically, any planet or moon, once the equipment us sent there, can make rocket fuels, thus filling stations for the return trip, or to go further. Also, a planet out there has Plenty of Methane, for other uses, if harvested by those rockets of the future.

We as humans might be around for several more, 10's of thousands of years, in God's actual timeline, versus our hopes for an earlier cessation, in all of our trials, but. But, notice, Your God is also giving us more and more capabilities, to handle human problems from medical ones, to social ones, thus we may not all be suffering as much in the future as we are now. That is said for all of you, who wish things were better for you and others now.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Here is the reason to do this work. Before I paste that article from of all places the Wall Street Journal, chosen for an more easily understood set of explanations, Biblically this is Subding the earth. That Command by Blessing from God, is found in Genesis 1:28, and maybe other places.

I and maybe all scientists who know r believe Go exists, probably use a version of my definition, that I use in Science now. (Yes, once upon a time, I did not know if God was Real or not, hence in science there are before God understandings and now after God understandings) It is this. Science is finding out What God has done.

The Article:

Updated Nov. 19, 2014 6:03 p.m. ET

Scientists using the atom-smashing machine known as the Large Hadron Collider on Wednesday said they had observed two never-seen-before particles, a discovery that refines physicists’ understanding of how elementary particles interact and the forces between them.

Theoretical models had predicted the existence of the particles. Scientists used the collider to smash particles together and then sifted through the result to pinpoint the existence of the new particles and identify their mass.

“Now we know exactly what the mass is,” said Patrick Koppenburgfrom the Netherlands’ Nikhef Institute. Dr. Koppenburg is currently based at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, or CERN, which operates the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider.

The new particles are six times as large as the proton, the positively charged subatomic particle that is found in the nucleus of every atom.

The new particles are members of the baryon family, which also includes protons and neutrons. Baryons are made from three quarks, which are the building blocks of matter.

The observation of the baryons isn’t of the same consequence as CERN’s 2012 discovery of the Higgs boson, which is a fundamental particle that helps explain how particles get their mass. But because it is extremely hard to model how baryons behave, the new discovery is a significant contribution to our understanding of how things operate on the scale of the very small.

“There are maybe three to five such particles discovered each year,” said Dr. Koppenburg. “Here we have two in one go, which is quite extraordinary.”

The measurements that pinpointed the baryons were based on data collected at the Large Hadron Collider during 2001 and 2012. It is currently shut down and is scheduled to restart by the spring and to operate at higher energies and using more intense beams than before.

Write to Gautam Naik at gautam.naik@wsj.com

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is it they say? "Cheap, efficient fusion has been only 5 years away for about 40 years now"?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
What is it they say? "Cheap, efficient fusion has been only 5 years away for about 40 years now"?

Hi,

And as long as there are no taxes on it, I am going to use my local free fusion, to get a sun tan tomorrow.

Oh! Thats right. That free fusion is shining on you Down Under Folks right now.

G'Dai Mate. (is that correct?)

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know the details of CERN but they seem to be messing with things they don't understand.

Also could be fulfilling Revelation prophecy

"Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him." - Revelation 9:1

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

And as long as there are no taxes on it, I am going to use my local free fusion, to get a sun tan tomorrow.

Oh! Thats right. That free fusion is shining on you Down Under Folks right now.

G'Dai Mate. (is that correct?)

LOVE,
G'day, usually.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You kind of have to mess with things before you can understand them. That's called "experimentation".

So was it good that Adam and Eve "experimented" with the tree and knowledge to understand it?

I never understood why people can't just be satisfied with a house, job, food, family and Jesus.

Upvote 0

malvina

Aug 22, 2014
South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't know the details of CERN but they seem to be messing with things they don't understand.

Also could be fulfilling Revelation prophecy

"Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him." - Revelation 9:1

It all ties up with bible prophesy - everything as described. I am one of those people that believe in the bible and everything prophesied to date has happened or is in the process of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It all ties up with bible prophesy - everything as described. I am one of those people that believe in the bible and everything prophesied to date has happened or is in the process of.

I agree with you. The bible is the literal word of God. Almost being played out like a movie.

What do you make of Revelation 17/18?

Do you believe Revelation to be chronological?

I believe Revelation 17 and 18 to be describing the destruction of America. It acknowledges that it is talking about a physical place:

"The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth" - Revelation 17:18 ( could be referring to either NYC or USA as a whole. )

"For this reason in one day her plagues will come, pestilence and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for the Lord God who judges her is strong." - Revelation 18:8 ( how else can a physical city be "burned up with fire" in one day other than a nuclear attack ) The last part of Revelation 17 makes it clear this burning will be done by man not god.

So I predict a Nuclear Attack on either NYC or Multiple Cities in America.

My question of whether or not Revelation is chronological is because if it is then we have a bit more time, as many of things of the previous chapters haven't come true yet as far as I understand. If not, with all the tension in Syria, and Obama himself mentioned "The Prospect of a Nuclear Bomb in NYC", it could within the near months or years.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So was it good that Adam and Eve "experimented" with the tree and knowledge to understand it?

I never understood why people can't just be satisfied with a house, job, food, family and Jesus.
Where do you think the modern food supply and modern housing comes from?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. The bible is the literal word of God. Almost being played out like a movie.

What do you make of Revelation 17/18?

Do you believe Revelation to be chronological?

I believe Revelation 17 and 18 to be describing the destruction of America. It acknowledges that it is talking about a physical place:

"The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth" - Revelation 17:18 ( could be referring to either NYC or USA as a whole. )

"For this reason in one day her plagues will come, pestilence and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for the Lord God who judges her is strong." - Revelation 18:8 ( how else can a physical city be "burned up with fire" in one day other than a nuclear attack ) The last part of Revelation 17 makes it clear this burning will be done by man not god.

So I predict a Nuclear Attack on either NYC or Multiple Cities in America.

My question of whether or not Revelation is chronological is because if it is then we have a bit more time, as many of things of the previous chapters haven't come true yet as far as I understand. If not, with all the tension in Syria, and Obama himself mentioned "The Prospect of a Nuclear Bomb in NYC", it could within the near months or years.
When nothing happens, are you going to stop buying into this stuff, or just grab the next doomsday prediction that comes along?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We don't need modern food supply or modern housing.

Our houses and food were just fine a few hundred or thousand years ago.
...Uhuh. For a world population of 7 billion?

But ok, if food and housing doesn't grab you, how do you think people came up with that computer you're using right now?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.