AU-Labor
This is CERN'S schedule

Machine Development Nov. 4 - 8

Technical Stop Nov. 9 - 13

Recommissioning Beam Nov. 14 - 15

Set up of Ions of Lead Nov. 16 - 19

Collisions Pb + Pb Nov. 20 - Dec. 13
: Full Power 1.15 PeV
collisions of Ions of Lead @ 1,148 TeV (1.15 PeV)

This is the CENTER OF MASS ENERGY of Lead Particles

Highest energy to date is 13 TeV with Protons

Tera = 10 followed by 12 zeros Peta = 10 followed by 15 zeros Collisions of Lead Ions will produce 1,148 TeV, exceeding the 13 TeV from collisions of Protons.

Technical Stop Dec. 14 through end of 2015

Reactions: Gentle Lamb

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is CERN'S schedule

Tera = 10 followed by 12 zeros Peta = 10 followed by 15 zeros Collisions of Lead Ions will produce 1,148 TeV, exceeding the 13 TeV from collisions of Protons.

It's roughly the same energy used by a fly to move it's wing a couple of times. Sounds like a lot, in terms of petas and teras and such. In real world terms, not so much.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
This is CERN'S schedule

Thanks for the update. I share your excitement; CERNs ability to collide lead ions could reveal some very interesting things about the early universe.

The work going on at CERN is a wonderful example of international cooperation, so it's great that you've made a thread to celebrate their latest endeavours.

^_^

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is it in the wrong place? I thought members would like to discuss
Apologies, I was rude, and yes this is the right place. It was the stats without much context, but rereading it, got it my mistake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is CERN'S schedule

Fantastic - thanks for the update. I knew they were doing a lot of upgrades but I didn't know any dates. Really exciting stuff.

Along with the ISS, CERN is one of the great recent examples of international scientific cooperation.

Can't wait to see what they discover next!

Upvote 0

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
What about it would you like to discuss? Are the transexual robots involved?
Actually, those were computer transgender robots, not transexual. There was no suggestion that any of those robots have commenced the medical (engineering?) transition to a different gender.

We must choose our language carefully, or we risk causing offence to the mechtranny community.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
This break is a thoughtful addition to the schedule.

It has been put in place to allow us all to celebrate Christmas and the new year, without having the cloud of human-induced apocalypse hanging over us during the festive period. There is already enough to worry about at this time of year, including presents, organising all the food and drink and putting up with racist grandparents, so the last thing people need is the additional concern of a Swiss black hole devouring the world.

A nice gesture from CERN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
This is CERN'S schedule

Hi,

Some of this stuff is right up my alley. In 1970, to give you some background, after recovering from a non painful (when it happened) explosion and getting back to work, with The US Army deciding that being so heavily burned and with the loss of some hearing that is permanent, that they no longer wanted me to use my ROTC training and shooting trophies in Viet Nam, when I finally got back to work, the Semiconductor Industry was downsizing and we lost 80 to 90% of our Researchers in a single week. My former Boss, Doug Tremere, was one of them. Nice guy, noted for his research and findings on what was then called the Tremere effect, among other things. The guy was off the charts brilliant, and had 5 kids, so he was extremely nice and easy to get along with.

When I got back to work, they asked me to take over the High Voltage Engineering brand, of an Ion Implanter. (I will explain if it is needed). It worked at up to 300,000 volts. Thus we could move particles called ion or electrons at up to 900,000 Volts of force, if we could find atoms that we could remove three electrons from.

I know this field. Lead being extremely heavy needs a ton of force, using voltage to get it to move fast. In my machine, I forget if it was electons or protons, (A Hydrogen atom with an electron removed), but I could make I think a proton move at one tenth the speed of light, with just that 300,000 volts. Lead, to do that requires 237 or so times more voltage, as it is 237 times or so, heavier to the force called voltage. (in this work, mass is normally used, but heavy is the concept.)

The cool thing about lead, is it is the heaviest atom which does not fall apart on it's own. Atoms naturally fall apart on thier own, if they are heavier (have more protons and neutrons in the center of them), than lead.

Do you see why that is cool to scientists? They are so fragile, that if you knock them about like fine china, the break.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
What about it would you like to discuss? Are the transexual robots involved?

Hi Armoured,

Although I am incredibly pleased with your ideas, morals and ethics as gleaned from all of your writings, and although I cannot do what you do, in handling today's ways, please be careful in your use of sarcasm to not make an inadvertent mistake.

Notice, and I do think you are a warrior to an ex warrior, even if you are not. This is one warrior, yes with PTSD from many of those engagements, who is talking in that coded language. If you are sure, soldier on and I am sorry.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Darn. This stuff is getting interesting. And me with no particle physics or quantum mechanical (the ways electrons spin and line up around atoms, and when atoms stick to other atoms.) training.

I might just look again at how E=mc**2, takes light and makes protons, then all the other stuff from protons gathering, being changed and added to other protons, the being expelled later, to make more combinations of neutrons and protons lumped together, until things like Uranium exist naturally on planets far away from the start of all this E=mc**2 stuff, in the Biblical Phrase Let There be Light, or some form and forms of that.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Armoured,

Although I am incredibly pleased with your ideas, morals and ethics as gleaned from all of your writings, and although I cannot do what you do, in handling today's ways, please be careful in your use of sarcasm to not make an inadvertent mistake.

Notice, and I do think you are a warrior to an ex warrior, even if you are not. This is one warrior, yes with PTSD from many of those engagements, who is talking in that coded language. If you are sure, soldier on and I am sorry.

LOVE,
Hi,

You think Malvina is one of us?

Upvote 0

malvina

Aug 22, 2014
South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi,

Some of this stuff is right up my alley. In 1970, to give you some background, after recovering from a non painful (when it happened) explosion and getting back to work, with The US Army deciding that being so heavily burned and with the loss of some hearing that is permanent, that they no longer wanted me to use my ROTC training and shooting trophies in Viet Nam, when I finally got back to work, the Semiconductor Industry was downsizing and we lost 80 to 90% of our Researchers in a single week. My former Boss, Doug Tremere, was one of them. Nice guy, noted for his research and findings on what was then called the Tremere effect, among other things. The guy was off the charts brilliant, and had 5 kids, so he was extremely nice and easy to get along with.

When I got back to work, they asked me to take over the High Voltage Engineering brand, of an Ion Implanter. (I will explain if it is needed). It worked at up to 300,000 volts. Thus we could move particles called ion or electrons at up to 900,000 Volts of force, if we could find atoms that we could remove three electrons from.

I know this field. Lead being extremely heavy needs a ton of force, using voltage to get it to move fast. In my machine, I forget if it was electons or protons, (A Hydrogen atom with an electron removed), but I could make I think a proton move at one tenth the speed of light, with just that 300,000 volts. Lead, to do that requires 237 or so times more voltage, as it is 237 times or so, heavier to the force called voltage. (in this work, mass is normally used, but heavy is the concept.)

The cool thing about lead, is it is the heaviest atom which does not fall apart on it's own. Atoms naturally fall apart on thier own, if they are heavier (have more protons and neutrons in the center of them), than lead.

Do you see why that is cool to scientists? They are so fragile, that if you knock them about like fine china, the break.

LOVE,

This is so interesting Thankyou Katerinah I see you have answered Armoured? I cannot see the post I blocked one earlier on with profile of a sick Trump - it might be him.
I think it is good to discuss it and hear everyone's input on the subject especially as it's all about to happen. They have scheduled very much stronger collisions in 2025 I don't know if we'll be around that long the way the world is going

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.