They Went to Manchester Arena as Homeless Men. They Left as Heroes.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LONDON — For Chris Parker, the arena’s entrance area might have seemed like a good place to ask people for money. Stephen Jones had found a spot nearby to sleep.

Now, the two men, both homeless, are being praised as heroes for helping victims of the Manchester Arena bombing.

As Manchester and the rest of Britain were trying to come to terms with the country’s deadliestterrorist attack in more than a decade, the two men are being hailed on social media for their selflessness and courage.

Mr. Parker, 33, was panhandling when the bomb exploded, according to local news reports. The force of the blast knocked him to the floor, but he was unfazed.

Rather than running for safety, he went to the aid of victims, comforting a girl who had lost her legs, wrapping her in a T-shirt, and cradling a dying woman in his arms.

Mr. Jones, 35, says he pulled nails out of children’s arms and faces.

“Just because I am homeless doesn’t mean I haven’t got a heart, or I’m not human still,” hetold ITV News. “I’d like to think someone would come and help me if I needed the help,” he said, adding that he had been overcome by an “instinct” to pitch in.

“It was children,” he continued. “It was a lot of children with blood all over them and crying and screaming.”

They Went to Manchester Arena as Homeless Men. They Left as Heroes.

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing this, Landon! I had just read an article about Steve Jones, who was offered a home with 6 months' rent as a reward for his courage, but hadn't heard about Chris Parker. Wonderful to know that he too has had funds raised for him, and also that his mother from whom he was estranged has reached out to him as well.

Thank you again to everyone here who's continuing to pray for all those affected by the bombing — it means so much to us here in the UK.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0