Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; and so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire (Rev. 11:3–6).

These 2 men, Christ`s Witnesses, are represented by olive trees and lampstands. (Zech. 4: 6) They are Moses and Elijah. They witnessed Christ`s transfiguration where He told them of His soon departure from the earth. They were also at the tomb and witnessed Christ`s resurrection, and later ascension into glory. (Luke 9: 30. 24: 4, Acts 1: 10)

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; and so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire (Rev. 11:3–6).

Two olive trees = the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:14)

Two lampstands = two churches (Rev. 1:20)

Fire = light, truth, etc.

Avraham & Sarah's arrival in Jerusalem: February 25, 2022

The start of Avraham & Sarah's prophesying in Jerusalem: February 28, 2022

Avraham & Sarah prophesy no rain in Jerusalem: July 21, 2022

No rain in Jerusalem since: March 25, 2022

Jerusalem March 2022 Historical Weather Data (Israel) - Weather Spark

First case of monkeypox in US: May 18, 2022

A Massachusetts Man Is Infected With Monkeypox
What is the purpose of the video? Is someone claiming that the two persons in the video are the literal two witnesses, and are now prophesying for 1260 days ?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The two witnesses are killed by the beast who is worshipped, Revelation 11:7.

Revelation 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. Revelation 11:1-3 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
egeiro = to waken, i.e. rouse:--awake, lift (up), raise (again, up), rear up, (a-)rise (again, up), stand, take up.

[2] But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.[3] And I will give unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 11:7-9 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. (Revelation 13:4)
[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.[9] And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. (Matthew 24:28)

When did John prophesy the first time... in order to prophesy again?
Is the Revelation really several prophecies? or is John one of the two witnesses?
A beast means kingdom Daniel 7:23 in this case France. Yes, they took their Bibles and threw them on the streets to denounce Christ (the beast killed the two witnesses) But if you keep reading in Revelation the witnesses are resurrected. A French philosopher predicted in 1776 that a hundred years from now no one would know the Bible, the same printing press he used to print his literature was turned into a printing press for the Bible. The Bible remains the best selling book of all time.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They look to be from Brazil? They are asking for $ on both their youtube sites. Looks like they know Spanish but repeat the same Hebrew phrases over and over. I have not seen any miracles or anything listed as identifying them as the 2 witnesses..."And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; and so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way."

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Lord was crucified in Jerusalem. It spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt because it's spiritually bankrupt. Atheism started, at the latest, in ancient Greece, and probably well before that.
The fact that it's spiritually called Sodom and Egypt is a major clue that the great city is spiritual in nature and not earthly. I see it as the spiritual opposite of the new heavenly Jerusalem, which is also not an earthly city. Also, Jesus was not crucified in Jerusalem, so you need to take that into consideration.

Hebrews 13:12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

John 19:20 Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These 2 men, Christ`s Witnesses, are represented by olive trees and lampstands. (Zech. 4: 6) They are Moses and Elijah. They witnessed Christ`s transfiguration where He told them of His soon departure from the earth. They were also at the tomb and witnessed Christ`s resurrection, and later ascension into glory. (Luke 9: 30. 24: 4, Acts 1: 10)
In what sense would Moses and Elijah be figuratively represented as lampstands? Keep in mind that elsewhere in the book lampstands figuratively represent churches (Rev 1:20).

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In what sense would Moses and Elijah be figuratively represented as lampstands? Keep in mind that elsewhere in the book lampstands figuratively represent churches (Rev 1:20).

Symbols are used for different purposes.

In Rev. 1: 20 we are told that the (7) lampstands represent the (7) churches.

In Zech. we are told that the two lampstands represent the `two anointed ones who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth.` (Zech. 4: 14)

God interprets His own word.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Symbols are used for different purposes.

In Rev. 1: 20 we are told that the (7) lampstands represent the (7) churches.
Yes, that verse is contained within the very same book. Was John trying to confuse people by having lampstands in one verse symbolically represent something entirely different than another verse?

In Zech. we are told that the two lampstands represent the `two anointed ones who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth.` (Zech. 4: 14)

God interprets His own word.
And how did you come to the decision to use an Old Testament verse like Zechariah 4:14 as the basis of your understanding of the two witnesses instead of a verse within the same book like Revelation 1:20? It talks about them as two olive trees as well, which reminds me of Romans 11:16-24 where it speaks of two olive trees, one being cultivated (natural branches are Israelite believers) and one being wild (Gentile believers). What makes you decide that Zechariah 4:14 should be related to the two witnesses instead of verses like Revelation 1:20 and Romans 11:17-24?

Also, how are you coming to the conclusion that Zechariah 4:14 is speaking of two individuals? It references two anointed ones. Revelation 11 references two witnesses. Yes, that can give the impression of speaking of two individuals, but we're clearly talking about symbolic text here, not literal text. If you really want to take it literally and relate it to Zechariah 4:14, then you should conclude that the two witnesses are Joshua and Zerubbabel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 21:33-46 But last of all He sent unto them His Son saying, They will reverence My Son.[38] But when the husbandmen saw the Son they said among themselves, This is the heir: come, let us kill Him and let us seize on His inheritance.[39] And they caught Him and cast [him] out of the vineyard, and slew [him].

Isaiah 5:1-7 ...My beloved had a vineyard on a high hill in a fertile place.[2] And I made a hedge round it, and dug a trench, and planted a choice vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and dug a place for the wine-vat in it: and I waited for it to bring forth grapes, and it brought forth thorns.[3] And now, ye dwellers in Jerusalem and every man of Juda, judge between Me and My vineyard.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets
Oh yeah, you're the person who thinks that quoting verses without any commentary is enough. It's not. Explain the reason why you posted these passages. I can't read your mind to know what you think these passages are saying in relation to what I said in my post.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that verse is contained within the very same book. Was John trying to confuse people by having lampstands in one verse symbolically represent something entirely different than another verse?

And how did you come to the decision to use an Old Testament verse like Zechariah 4:14 as the basis of your understanding of the two witnesses instead of a verse within the same book like Revelation 1:20? It talks about them as two olive trees as well, which reminds me of Romans 11:16-24 where it speaks of two olive trees, one being cultivated (natural branches are Israelite believers) and one being wild (Gentile believers). What makes you decide that Zechariah 4:14 should be related to the two witnesses instead of verses like Revelation 1:20 and Romans 11:17-24?

Also, how are you coming to the conclusion that Zechariah 4:14 is speaking of two individuals? It references two anointed ones. Revelation 11 references two witnesses. Yes, that can give the impression of speaking of two individuals, but we're clearly talking about symbolic text here, not literal text. If you really want to take it literally and relate it to Zechariah 4:14, then you should conclude that the two witnesses are Joshua and Zerubbabel.

To be a `Witness` you need to have seen & / or heard something. Moses and Elijah were the two men on mount transfiguration that heard the Lord talk of His soon coming departure. (crucifixion). (Luke 9: 30 & 31) later on we see those two men at the tomb, (Luke 24: 4) and then at the Lord`s ascension. (Acts 1: 10).

Thus Moses and Elijah will be able to witness of the Lord`s death, resurrection and ascension.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke wasn't even there, second-hand witness?

John 20:11-12 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,[12] And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Ιησους had lain.

Matthew 17:1-9 And after six days Ιησους taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,[2] And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.[3] And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with Him.[4] Then answered Peter, and said unto Ιησους, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for Thee and one for Moses and one for Elias.[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.[6] And when the Disciples heard it, they fell on their face and were sore afraid.[7] And Ιησους came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.[8] And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Ιησους only.[9] And as they came down from the mountain, Ιησους charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

John 15:26-27 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me:[27] And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning. (audience: 12 Disciples, Passover Sermon)

So are you telling me that the Holy Spirit DID NOT write all God`s word?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where does the Revelation say they'd be asking for money?
Isn't that man dressed like a rabbi? ... ... ... Matthew 23:8-10.

I never said it did. That was my point...they ARE asking for money. What man dressed like a Rabbi?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is responsible for bringing the word of God to all prophets.

All God`s word is by the Holy Spirit through men. thus Luke spoke as the Holy spirit revealed to him. You were trying to dismiss what Luke wrote (by the Holy Spirit).

Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What is the purpose of the video? Is someone claiming that the two persons in the video are the literal two witnesses, and are now prophesying for 1260 days ?
They've been prophesying in Jerusalem since February 28, and it hasn't hasn't there since March 25...

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what Luke says about what he wrote?

Luke 1:1-2 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,[2] Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

Seems to me that he's saying that it's what his crowd believed in Antioch.

So are you saying that the Holy Spirit would let Luke write what is wrong?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Where does the Revelation say they'd be asking for money?
Isn't that man dressed like a rabbi? ... ... ... Matthew 23:8-10.

I never said it did. That was my point...they ARE asking for money. What man dressed like a Rabbi?

The man in the upper left hand corner of that video. It's the same man yelling in the video.

And who was shooting the video? And added the soundtrack?

Upvote 0

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i used to think the two witnesses would be two literal people- an Enoch/Moses, Enoch/Elijah, or Moses/Elijah pair- but after examining the scriptures more and further reading the description of these two, im not convinced it's two literal people.

the two witnesses are described as two lampstands and two olive trees
in Revelation, a lampstand is symbolic for a church. interesting how out of the seven churches, two of them were not rebuked, or called to repent, so one possible interpretation could be these witnesses are the church of Smyrna and the church of Philadelphia.
if one takes the preterist approach, one could take that literally, and if one is a futurist, one could take that figuratively, meaning the 7 churches described are 7 different types of Christians today

however, we have the description of "olive tree". Both Jeremiah 11:16 and Romans 11:17 describe the Jews and Christians as olive branches. one possible interpretation is that the two witnesses are two groups of believers, one group being gentile, and the other being Jewish descent

a combination of these two would be Smyrnan and Philadelpian Christians, both consisting of Jews and Gentiles, are the two witnesses.

and it cant be the Old Testament and New Testament. scripture says
"they will prophesy"
"they stand before the Lord"
"If anyone tries to harm them"
"Their bodies will lie in the public square"
"the breath of life from God entered them"

only human beings are given the breath of life, so it is scripturally wrong to claim these two witness are anything but humans.

Upvote 0