North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; and so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire (Rev. 11:3–6).

Two olive trees = the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:14)

Two lampstands = two churches (Rev. 1:20)

Fire = light, truth, etc.

Avraham & Sarah's arrival in Jerusalem: February 25, 2022

The start of Avraham & Sarah's prophesying in Jerusalem: February 28, 2022

Avraham & Sarah prophesy no rain in Jerusalem: July 21, 2022

No rain in Jerusalem since: March 25, 2022

Jerusalem March 2022 Historical Weather Data (Israel) - Weather Spark

First case of monkeypox in US: May 18, 2022

A Massachusetts Man Is Infected With Monkeypox

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; and so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire (Rev. 11:3–6).

Two olive trees = the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:14)

The two witnesses are the OT and the NT.

Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The two witnesses are the OT and the NT.
The Bible says otherwise.

"These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth (Rev. 11:4)."

The two olive trees are the two anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.

"Then I said to him, 'What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?' And I responded the second time and said to him, 'What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?' So he answered me, saying, 'Do you not know what these are?' And I said, 'No, my lord.' Then he said, 'These are the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:11–14).'"

The two lampstands are two churches.

"As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches (Rev. 1:20)."

I guess we'll see after 3 1/2 years.

Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Scripture by scripture why the two witnesses are the Old and New Testament.

You certainly don't expect me to believe that the dead bodies of the Old and the New Testaments will lie on the street of Jerusalem. And those from the peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not allow their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb (Rev. 11:8–9).

And after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. And at that time there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven (Rev. 11:11–13).

Since when do people bury the dead body of the Bible in a tomb? And does it have feet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You certainly don't expect me to believe that the dead bodies of the Old and the New Testaments will lie on the street of Jerusalem. And those from the peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not allow their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb (Rev. 11:8–9).

And after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. And at that time there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven (Rev. 11:11–13).

Since when do people bury the dead body of the Bible in a tomb? And how does it stand on its feet?

Let’s quote the scripture:
Revelation 11:8-9 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves.

There is no reference to Jerusalem here, the reference is Sodom and Egypt and it is spiritually. Sodom and Egypt were spiritually bankrupt. This verse is a reference to the French Revolution where atheism started and they threw their Bibles on the streets (the two witnesses). There is a lot of symbolism in the book of Revelation, its a fascinating book, I recommend watching the videos I posted as it goes through this verse by verse.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says otherwise.

"These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth (Rev. 11:4)."

The two olive trees are the two anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.

"Then I said to him, 'What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?' And I responded the second time and said to him, 'What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?' So he answered me, saying, 'Do you not know what these are?' And I said, 'No, my lord.' Then he said, 'These are the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:11–14).'"

The two lampstands are two churches.

"As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches (Rev. 1:20)."

I guess we'll see after 3 1/2 years.

In Revelation 11:3-12, we find the great prophecy of God's two witnesses. "These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth" (Revelation 11:4). We know that a lamp is a symbol for the Word of God, "Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). When Zechariah sees two olive trees in vision, he asks the angel what they represent. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord" (Zechariah 4:6). It also takes the olive oil of the Spirit to illuminate the lamp of God's Word.

The messages that Jesus directed John to send to the seven churches are recorded in Revelation 2 and 3. Their meanings apply on three levels:

Historical application. Those messages originally were sent to seven churches located in prosperous cities of first-century Asia. The Christians there faced serious challenges. Several cities set up emperor worship in their temples as a token of their loyalty to Rome. Emperor worship became compulsory. Citizens were also expected to participate in public events and pagan religious ceremonies. Because many Christians refused to participate in these practices, they faced trials and, at times, even martyrdom. Commissioned by Christ, John wrote the seven messages to help believers deal with these challenges.

Prophetic application. Revelation is a prophetic book, but only seven churches were chosen to receive these messages. This fact points to the prophetic character of the messages, as well. The spiritual conditions in the seven churches coincide with the spiritual conditions of God’s church in different historical periods. The seven messages are intended to provide, from heaven’s perspective, a panoramic survey of the spiritual state of Christianity from the first century to the end of the world.

Universal application. Just as the entire book of Revelation was sent as one letter that was to be read in every church (Rev. 1:11, Rev. 22:16), so the seven messages also contain lessons that can apply to Christians in every age. In such a way, the messages represent different types of Christians in different places and times. For instance, while the general characteristic of Christianity today is Laodicean, some Christians may identify with the characteristics of some of the other churches. The good news is that whatever our spiritual condition, God “meets fallen human beings where they are”. -

• Winner
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 11:8-9 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves.

There is no reference to Jerusalem here, the reference is Sodom and Egypt and it is spiritually. Sodom and Egypt were spiritually bankrupt. This verse is a reference to the French Revolution where atheism started and they threw their Bibles on the streets (the two witnesses). There is a lot of symbolism in the book of Revelation, its a fascinating book, I recommend watching the videos I posted as it goes through this verse by verse.
Our Lord was crucified in Jerusalem. It spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt because it's spiritually bankrupt. Atheism started, at the latest, in ancient Greece, and probably well before that.

• Agree
Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our Lord was crucified in Jerusalem. It spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt because it's spiritually bankrupt. Atheism started, at the latest, in ancient Greece, and probably well before that.
Symbolically Jerusalem is still the Holy City, so no it doesn’t fit. Revelation 3:12, Revelation 21:2, Revelation 21:10, Revelation 21:22

Irreligion in France - Wikipedia

Plus the French Revolution fits the prophetic timeline in Revelation.

• Agree
Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In Revelation 11:3-12, we find the great prophecy of God's two witnesses. "These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth" (Revelation 11:4). We know that a lamp is a symbol for the Word of God, "Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). When Zechariah sees two olive trees in vision, he asks the angel what they represent. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord" (Zechariah 4:6). It also takes the olive oil of the Spirit to illuminate the lamp of God's Word.

The messages that Jesus directed John to send to the seven churches are recorded in Revelation 2 and 3. Their meanings apply on three levels:

Historical application. Those messages originally were sent to seven churches located in prosperous cities of first-century Asia. The Christians there faced serious challenges. Several cities set up emperor worship in their temples as a token of their loyalty to Rome. Emperor worship became compulsory. Citizens were also expected to participate in public events and pagan religious ceremonies. Because many Christians refused to participate in these practices, they faced trials and, at times, even martyrdom. Commissioned by Christ, John wrote the seven messages to help believers deal with these challenges.

Prophetic application. Revelation is a prophetic book, but only seven churches were chosen to receive these messages. This fact points to the prophetic character of the messages, as well. The spiritual conditions in the seven churches coincide with the spiritual conditions of God’s church in different historical periods. The seven messages are intended to provide, from heaven’s perspective, a panoramic survey of the spiritual state of Christianity from the first century to the end of the world.

Universal application. Just as the entire book of Revelation was sent as one letter that was to be read in every church (Rev. 1:11, Rev. 22:16), so the seven messages also contain lessons that can apply to Christians in every age. In such a way, the messages represent different types of Christians in different places and times. For instance, while the general characteristic of Christianity today is Laodicean, some Christians may identify with the characteristics of some of the other churches. The good news is that whatever our spiritual condition, God “meets fallen human beings where they are”. -
Did you not read John's definition of the lampstand symbol in Revelation 1:20? They're churches. Lamps are different than lampstands. Lampstands hold lamps. You are not accepting what the Bible says the two olives trees, either. The seven LAMPS are the word of the Lord, TO ZERUBBABEL, SAYING, ‘NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER, BUT BY MY SPIRIT,’ SAYS THE LORD OF ARMIES (Zec. 4:6)... It was a specific word at a specific time, and it was not about olive trees. The two olive trees are "the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:14).”

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you not read John's definition of the lampstand symbol in Revelation 1:20? They're churches. Lamps are different than lampstands. Lampstands hold lamps. You are not accepting what the Bible says the two olives trees, either. The seven LAMPS are the word of the Lord, TO ZERUBBABEL, SAYING, ‘NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER, BUT BY MY SPIRIT,’ SAYS THE LORD OF ARMIES (Zec. 4:6)... It was a specific word at a specific time, and it was not about olive trees. The two olive trees are "the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth (Zec. 4:14).”

The idea of two witnesses comes from the Jewish legal system, which requires at least two witnesses to establish something as true (John 8:17). The OT and NT does this.

The two witnesses represent the Bible – both Old and New Testaments. The two cannot be separated. God’s people are called to proclaim the full Bible message to the world – “the whole counsel of God” (Acts 20:27, NKJV).

The witnesses are pictured as prophesying in sackcloth during the prophetic period of 1,260 days/years (A.D. 538-1798). Sackcloth is the garment of mourning (Gen. 37:34); it points to the difficult time when the truths of the Bible were buried, and covered over, by human traditions.

Read Revelation 11:7-13

The beast that kills the two witnesses arises from the very abode of Satan. This killing of the witnesses applies historically to the atheistic attack on the Bible and the abolition of religion in connection with the events of the French Revolution. The antireligious system established in France possessed the moral degradation of Sodom, the atheistic arrogance of Egypt, and the rebelliousness of Jerusalem. What happened to Jesus in Jerusalem now happens to the Bible by this antireligious system.

The resurrection of the witnesses points to the great revival of interest in the Bible in the aftermath of the French Revolution, which resulted in the rise of the Second Advent movement with its restoration of Bible truth, the establishment of Bible societies, and the worldwide distribution of the Bible.

Right before the end, the world will witness one final global Bible proclamation (Rev. 18:1-4). This final message will provoke opposition empowered by the demonic entities working miracles to deceive the world and draw worshipers of the beast into a final battle against God’s faithful witnesses (see Rev. 16:13-16, Rev. 14:12).

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Are n

A Massachusetts Man Is Infected With Monkeypox[/QUOTE

Are not the two witnesses supposed to appear after the rise of the beast and his Antichrist as well as the mark?

Do they not supposed to appear at the end of the 6th trumpet, just before the sounding of the seventh trumpet with the Earth becoming the kingdom of God.
Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 11 - King James Version

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Are you saying that Messiah was crucified in France?

Reactions: WhoIsLikeGod?
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ll direct you back here The Two Witnesses. This is speaking figuratively, it can’t be Jerusalem because its still the Holy City, not spiritually Sodom or Egypt who denied Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 11:8-9 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
[...]
There is no reference to Jerusalem here,
the reference is Sodom and Egypt and it is spiritually. Sodom and Egypt were spiritually bankrupt. This verse is a reference to the French Revolution where atheism started and they threw their Bibles on the streets

Where did you get that from? Certainly nothing I have stated.

Well you might as well have.

..."no reference to Jerusalem"...
..."where also our Lord was crucified"...
Seriously?

Is this \/ about some place else, too?

Matthew 23:34-37 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:[35] That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the Earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.[36] Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Zechariah 4:14 And he said, These are the two sons of (πιότητος) fatness, they stand beside the LORD of all the earth.LXX

Hosea 2:15 And I will giver her possessions from thence, and the valley of Achor to open her understanding: and she shall be afflicted there according to the days of her (νηπιότητος) infancy, and according to the days of her coming up out of the land of Egypt.LXX

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you might as well have.

..."no reference to Jerusalem"...
..."where also our Lord was crucified"...
Seriously?

Is this \/ about some place else, too?

Matthew 23:34-37 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:[35] That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the Earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.[36] Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
I’ll direct you back here The Two Witnesses. This is speaking figuratively, it can’t be Jerusalem because its still the Holy City, not spiritually Sodom or Egypt who denied Christ, which is what atheism is about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry you don’t understand my post and once again you have written something out of context to my post.

Okay, let's try the remix.

This verse is a reference to the French Revolution where atheism started and they threw their Bibles on the streets (the two witnesses).

Actually, there was a time when I thought communist-atheism was the beast.

But does this sound like atheism to you?

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Daniel 11:38 And he shall honour the god of forces on his place: and a god whom his fathers knew not he shall honour with gold, and silver, and precious stones, and desirable things.LXX

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay, let's try the remix.

Actually, there was a time when I thought communist-atheism was the beast.

But does this sound like atheism to you?

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Daniel 11:38 And he shall honour the god of forces on his place: and a god whom his fathers knew not he shall honour with gold, and silver, and precious stones, and desirable things.LXX

I am referring to the two witnesses and Revelation 11 not Revelation 13.

Revelation 11:8 is symbolic including where the Lord was crucified in this verse. It is in context to spiritually Sodom and Egypt who denied Christ which is the epitome of selfishness.

was also crucified.
ἐσταυρώθη (estaurōthē)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4717: From stauros; to impale on the cross; figuratively, to extinguish passion or selfishness.

If you have time I would recommend watching the two short videos I posted. It goes into the timeline and how all the details fit the French Revolution, including how long the FR lasted vs. Revelation 11:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Since when do people bury the dead body of the Bible in a tomb? And does it have feet?
The two witnesses will be Holy men attached to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the old section of Jerusalem. These men begin prophesying on January 20th 2069, the day that the Antichrist is inaugurated as President of the USA for the second time. The figurative healing of his mortal wound when he lost the presidency 4 years prior.
The Antichrist will form an alliance with Israel when Iran finally achieves nuclear weaponry. US troops will be stationed in Haifa and Jerusalem. The two Holy men will witness the build up of troops and the increase in sinfulness in Jerusalem as troop entertainment (drinking, partying and street walkers) become commonplace - becoming a modern Sodom with the appearance of ancient Egypt and its huge armies.
The two witnesses will prophecize for 1260 day until, on July 4th 2072, they are murdered on the steps of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre upon order of the Antichrist who is in Jerusalem to celebrate Independence Day with the troops.
They will be left on the street until the night of July 7th where they are resurrected in front of two guards and the Antichrist. The Antichrist will have just completed the desecration of the tomb of Jesus Christ (inside the church) and has become the Abomination of Desolation.
With the resurrection and ascension of the two witnesses, a large earthquake will shake the old town of Jerusalem.

Upvote 0